Post your pictures of Disney Dining Food Here... Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maize Crusted Halibut
dis206.jpg

Oak Grilled Fillet Mignon
dis207.jpg

OK, which of these is better? I'm eating at Jikos in Dec and just can't decide between these two entrees. Anyone have an opinion?

Cheese platter
dis147.jpg

First of all, thank you for posting all of the yummy pictures!! We are leaving for WDW next week and we'll be on the dining plan again! I can't wait!!!! :cheer2: :woohoo:

Second of all, we went the the Rose and Crown last year and the cheese platter was a little different. What's in the little container in the upper right hand corner? Just curious. Here's a picture of the cheese platter I ate a year ago:
RCApp.jpg

First of all, thank you for posting all of the yummy pictures!! We are leaving for WDW next week and we'll be on the dining plan again! I can't wait!!!! :cheer2: :woohoo:

Second of all, we went the the Rose and Crown last year and the cheese platter was a little different. What's in the little container in the upper right hand corner? Just curious. Here's a picture of the cheese platter I ate a year ago:
RCApp.jpg

its jellied onions not bad if I say so myself but our take on the Rose n Crown not so good waitress was bad my food came out cold (steak/mashed pot) and it took forever to get something to drink when we came in and not to mention refills it was bad, so after we were done and I had a meltdown once where I had to walk out of the place to cool off, I asked for the boss and he gave us vip seating for Illuminations and gave me his card w/email for next time we came back.

A couple of questions for ya:

1. Is the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi at Kona rich? The sauce and rice make it look that way.

2. Which is better at Le Cellier - the herb crusted prime rib or mushroom fillet (it also looks rich)?

Thanks~

Thank you so much for posting this pic. I'm pretty sure it's the first one ever in this thread...but I'd like to ask you...did they really only give you just two pieces of Ahi?!? :confused3

Yes, it was just the two pieces of ahi. This was DW's appetizer. I tried a bite, and it was very good. It was so much better than the so-called "rare" ahi tuna appetizer at Narcoossee's earlier in the trip. It was so overcooked that I almost mistook it for Star-Kist. Sorry Charlie!

A couple of questions for ya:

1. Is the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi at Kona rich? The sauce and rice make it look that way.

2. Which is better at Le Cellier - the herb crusted prime rib or mushroom fillet (it also looks rich)?

Thanks~

I wouldn't call the Mahi Mahi at Kona overly rich. The mushroom filet at Le Cellier is a on the rich side though with the risotto. If you aren't big on rich foods, the prime rib would be a better choice, or the regular filet is also very good.

I wouldn't call the Mahi Mahi at Kona overly rich. The mushroom filet at Le Cellier is a on the rich side though with the risotto. If you aren't big on rich foods, the prime rib would be a better choice, or the regular filet is also very good.

Thanks. My taste buds love the rich foods, but my tummy doesn't. Oh well...

OK, which of these is better? I'm eating at Jikos in Dec and just can't decide between these two entrees. Anyone have an opinion?

I've had both in the past and IMO the halibut dish absolutely blew away the filet (I personally think the filet is much better at California Grill). That's a tomato butter sauce and I swear I could have drank that stuff! LOL :lmao:

I've noticed that they currently aren't using halibut as the fish, now it is sturgeon, although with the same preparation.

Jikos Filet with mac/cheese is my favorite. The past times i was there i ordered the filet.

I just did my big dining review and posted lots of pics but thought I would add a few here too since I have it pulled up right now. ;)

They are large pics..be warned.. :rotfl:

Planet Hollywood..

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

Riverside Mill..

IMG_7699-1.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

NOW...I'm hungry. You could swim in the glass of pepsi...oooopss Coke! That reminds me of the time my dh asked for pepsi at WCC. The waitress announced to the whole place that he asked for pepsi. She had everyone shout, "Shame shame shame, Mickey likes Coke!" it was hilarious!

I've got to squeeze Whispering Canyon in somewhere in my PS now. Thanks for the pictures!

Mickey's MY kind of mouse! I love coke! I need a bucket of coke! LOL :love: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter