Post your PBH room assignments

What should I ask for as far as a standard room (AP rate)? I guess I would like to be close to boat launch and pool with slide. How long does it take to walk to parks?

Standard room request would be for the west wing to be close to the boat launch. View could be the Beach Pool. Walk is about 18 minutes.

ok - it is monday - so i just may be a little slow today.

I currently have two queen club rooms booked for july 20 - 22. We have eight adults and two infants and one toddler (2). I was going to see if i could request an upgrade when we arrived for the additional 35 dollars a night. I have requested adjoining rooms. Should i have requested the villa suite instead and just paid the extra??

After reading a bunch of these threads i now realize that in PBH, the club room is on the main floor. That being said, should i request something on a non-club floor and just have the club access?

Also - this upgrade for 35 dollars ( i am only loews gold) - what is it an updgrade to?

We are thrilled b/c after this stay we can post on the "me, me i've been to all three thread!!" YEA! :banana:

Hi

Does the PBH have deluxe bay view rooms???

I have a deluxe King Room booked for 3 nights in October. The Loews website however states that the deluxe rooms have a pool view, but I have seen people on here posting about bay view deluxe rooms? When booking I was really torn between booking a standard Bay View but really wanted a deluxe room and so booked that, but could I still possibley get a Bay View even though I have booked Deluxe?

Thanks

i just got back . we got a the most beautiful room i could ever imagine and this was a garden view. it overlooked the beach pool and had a balcony :cool1: :cool1: i couldnt have asked for better. :banana:

Hi everyone booked PBH for my family of 5 as well as grandparents. Booked 2 rooms. One club level queen deluxe and the other club level king. Would like to request a room for grandparents that is not too far from elevator and club lounge. Would that put them on the main floor? What wing might that be? Bay view? They are staying in the king

Hope someone has some time to answer all of these questions. Thanks in advance.

Christine

Any of you experts have room advice for a room for me? We are platinum. It will be myself, my sister, my 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend. I need at least 3 beds (I don't care how long they've been dating)!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll be going the end of February. I'd really like to give Portofino a try this time.

The 2 Queen Villa Suite should work if boyfriend sleeps on the couch that is way better than the RPR couch.

What kind of fold out couches do the Deluxe 2 Queen rooms have? I was told it sleeps one. Is it more like a cot or a fouton than a true sleeper sofa?

damo said:
Any of you experts have room advice for a room for me? We are platinum. It will be myself, my sister, my 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend. I need at least 3 beds (I don't care how long they've been dating)!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll be going the end of February. I'd really like to give Portofino a try this time.

If you cant get the villa suite a deluxe room will do also. 2 Queens and a sofa bed. When are you thinking of going?

Was upgraded from a $159 APH garden room to a Villa Suite #2333 and the adjacent double queen handicap room. View was the piazza and bay. Club access was $60 extra but worth it since the Club Lounge was really close. The personalized card from the manager and the manager reception at check in really made the Loew's First Platinum loyalty feel justified. This hotel is finally starting to like me!

[This is a QUOTE by DEBS1505 not me!!!]
We are Plat. Loews and have a ressie for std room for one night with the portofino suite.
We are also Platinum Loews members and got NOTHING in benefit from the PBH. When we asked if our 'free amenity' could be delivered - they said we weren't entitled until I went down to the desk with my Platinum card. Sorry, they did 'up-grade' us but it seemed pretty pointless as there were 4 or 5 huge trees in front of the window so we could have been anywhere! There were a few faults with the room - 2 ceiling lights didnt work, an electric socket was hanging off the wall, 1 coffee mug between 4 of us, badly cracked bath - mentioned these to the front desk immediately but nothing was done. Have stayed at the HRH several times and would go no where else but there from now on - service/rooms/attitude of staff 100% better at the HRH. I think Loews needs to have a good look at the PBH and sort it out! Hopefully ours was a 'one off' situation and that you enjoy your holiday!! Let me know how you holiday goes!![/QUOTE]

Someone erased my quote above and it looks like I said this. This is not a quote by me. This is a quote by someone else. I have always been upgraded very graciously at all the resorts. I am one happy camper when it comes to Loews First.

I'm also Loew's Platinum and we are always upgraded to a suite at all Loew's hotels.

I do agree that PBH needs a little attention and soon!!

We had room 3337, which was a regular room in the West wing. But get this, it faces the pool and has a great view. There are some trees, but I could see around them. 3rd floor, near the elevators. I went back and forth to/from the pool many times to grab a beer. When we had a room in the East wing, the pool was too far to do this.

Rooms in the West wing are the best, because it's a short walk to the pool, boat dock, and shops. Plus the walk to the elevators is much shorter.

Loews Platinum. Just spent 11/18 - 11/26 at the PBH. Was upgraded from garden view stay and play (2 adult, 2 children) tickets to Villa Suite - rooms 2331 (king) 2333 - Villa Parlor and 2337 - (2 queen).

Motherfletcher - I had no idea that 2337 was a handicap room. Is that why there was no shower in the bathroom? The tub was actually very nice for my mother with the flexible arm shower head.

The suite was 3rd floor (lobby level), 1st set of doors after the elevator. Very easy walk to the lobby, the club room was right around the corner, and the boat dock was down the elevator and a short walk.

I thought I would miss the balconies of the West Wing Villa Suites, but the floor to ceiling windows were very nice.

The kids had fun watching the Christmas tree being decorated in the Piazza during the week and then people watched while we attended the Harbor Nights Festival in the Piazza. And there was some nice people watching. Several celebrities were there. I was standing next to a lovely lady and had this "I have seen her before" but couldn't place her feeling. Later on they announced that Liv Tyler was in the crowd. Aha...that is who it was. Also some famous singer that they cajoled to come on stage and sing a couple of songs. Hadn't heard of him before. Too bad it wasn't Liv's dad - he would have been lots of fun to hear singing Christmas Carols :teeth:

You were upgraded from a Garden View to a 2 bedroom Villa Suite!? Sweet!

Yeah, the monkey bars and lack of shower so a wheelchair can access the toilet means handicapped. The vented window above the tub was gone too, right? Balconies are nice but it seemed like the room itself was larger because it didn't have balconies. I liked the floor to ceiling windows too. The proximity to the club, elevator, boat dock were all pluses. Did you take any pictures? I always want to but the family get in there and trashes everything before I think of it.
I sent Paul Leclerc an email saying how much we appreciate Brian's taking care of us return customers.

Motherfletcher said:
You were upgraded from a Garden View to a 2 bedroom Villa Suite!? Sweet!

Yeah, the monkey bars and lack of shower so a wheelchair can access the toilet means handicapped. The vented window above the tub was gone too, right? Balconies are nice but it seemed like the room itself was larger because it didn't have balconies. I liked the floor to ceiling windows too. The proximity to the club, elevator, boat dock were all pluses. Did you take any pictures? I always want to but the family get in there and trashes everything before I think of it.
I sent Paul Leclerc an email saying how much we appreciate Brian's taking care of us return customers.
Actually, we were upgraded from two garden view rooms :goodvibes . When I checked in, I didn't yet know we had the villa suite and the price of the rooms had been upped to the deluxe prices. Thinking we were in the Portofino suite, I showed them my confirmation, and they told me the rate change was because of the deluxe rooms for the villa suite. I said fantastic! We were extremely happy we were upgraded, so had no problem with the deluxe room rates. But the wonderful customer service people went ahead and backed down our rate. I actually protested (who protests getting lower rates? :confused3 ) that they should leave it the way it was. But the desk went ahead and put the rates back down to the garden view. The front desk service was some of the best I have ever encountered.

I had e-mailed Brian awhile back, but since it was Thanksgiving, nothing could be guaranteed. It was such a treat when we were given the keys to the suite. And then the front desk manager came out and greeted us and thanked us for staying at the Portofino. Then the front desk called for our bags and announced (rather loudly) that he should take our bags to the Villa Suite. We felt extremely important!!

I e-mailed Brian immediately and offered the heartiest of thanks!

Could you pm me Paul LeClerc's e-mail addie, as I would also like to thank him?

I did take lots of pictures before all the kids paraphenalia was strewn over the rooms. It is on our other laptop, so I have to get them over to this one and uploaded.

My kids thought the rooms were bigger too without the balconies. And now that you mention it, I think they were too.

We will be staying at the PBH at the end of June in a standard queen room with a garden view. I have a AAA rate of $239.20 but hoping for a APH rate when (or if) they come out. I am also a Loews Blue member. Would there be any upgrades available to us since we are only Blue members? Thanks for your help. The last two times we have stayed at RPR and have loved it, but DH is anxious to try something different this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter