• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post pics of your Halloween costumes for MNSSHP

This was a few years ago on our Disneymoon <3

ng3jbk.jpg

35hiza0.jpg

& this was at Frozen Summer Fun but since it was a costume event, same category.
291e59c.jpg

I fall into the group of people who are super sad about the no floor length princess dresses rule. Luckily, I'll be able to wear my Ariel dress on our Halloween cruise!

Last edited:

ng3jbk.jpg

35hiza0.jpg

& this was at Frozen Summer Fun but since it was a costume event, same category.
291e59c.jpg

I fall into the group of people who are super sad about the no floor length princess dresses rule. Luckily, I'll be able to wear my Ariel dress on our Halloween cruise!

what gorgeous costumes! amazing!

I waited too long, the HM butler tshirts are sold out online in DH's size - wah! Had thought I could pick one up this week @ MK, nope, OOS in his size too. Looks like I'll be a solo, old maid lol. Don't think the mr is too upset about it.

We are a family of Oncers! This is our first party and we figured what better place to try out our Once Upon a Time bounding/ cosplays.

I am Belle from Storeybrooke, DH is Mr. Gold. 12yo is Peter Pan & 10yo is Felix. Got most of our stuff from Goodwill or we already had it. Biggest purchase is my skirt from etsy. We are still getting all our items together but here is a photo of the boys so far...
IMG_20160821_193545.jpg

ng3jbk.jpg

35hiza0.jpg

291e59c.jpg

Wow amazing. You guys look great!

Wow amazing. You guys look great!

Thanks! It was crazy, people kept taking pictures while we were just out doing stuff. Including when I was stuffing my face with mashed potatoes at crystal palace so I'm sure that is a flattering picture... lol! I will say though, I have never been able to walk through crowds more easily haha! The stepsisters even came down from their meeting place and ambushed us while we were waiting for a photopass person and made a huge scene. Best Disney memory ever!

29y2wev.jpg

Thanks! It was crazy, people kept taking pictures while we were just out doing stuff. Including when I was stuffing my face with mashed potatoes at crystal palace so I'm sure that is a flattering picture... lol! I will say though, I have never been able to walk through crowds more easily haha! The stepsisters even came down from their meeting place and ambushed us while we were waiting for a photopass person and made a huge scene. Best Disney memory ever!

29y2wev.jpg
I love it! My husband would never agree to wear such a detailed costume.

And no one gave you any issues? I had a photopass person get on me because a lady took ONE picture of me last year cause her kids decided to pose near me.

Nope. No staff issues. I wasn't out posing with kids etc. though, people were just taking candid shots while we were going about our business walking places, riding things and waiting in lines for meet and greets. Nothing anyone can really do to prevent that.

Nope. No staff issues. I wasn't out posing with kids etc. though, people were just taking candid shots while we were going about our business walking places, riding things and waiting in lines for meet and greets. Nothing anyone can really do to prevent that.
Ahh I wish they had done it candidly, I mainly had people coming up to me. I was able to turn away some people by saying that it was against disney's rules, but some have no sense of personal space or would just ignore me and would just grab on and have someone take a pic. Even cast members came up and asked for pictures in Pop Century. Puts ya in a bad situation when people see a CM asking for you to pose with them for their coworkers to take a pic and then you have to tell the people around them your not allowed to for them.

This year we are doing a Pokemon theme. My DS is going to be Ash, I'm wearing a Pikachu costume hoodie, and my DH (who would rather not dress up at all) is wearing a shirt that looks like a Pokeball.

In prior years we have done Mickey, Minnie and Pete; Lilo, Stitch & Cobra Bubbles; Alvin, Simon & Theodore; Thor, Loki & Nick Fury; and Eeyore, Pooh & Tigger.

Slowly yet surely putting my Rey costume together. I finally broke down and ordered all the fabric today. I was going to just buy one but don't like that all most all of them were jumpsuits so I'm taking on the task of making my own. I won't have the staff or hood and the bigger backpack but will have the belt and satchel and wrap dress over the shirt and trousers so hopefully that is enough.

Ok so I am thinking of doing this for the party. I have a little black polkadot dress.

So decided to do a minnie outfit. I purchased a little red belt with a bow and minnie ears on amazon.

and was thinking of adding a red petticoat under the dress.

What do you think?
Add some yellow shoes & It will be perfect.

This is my DH and I from 2013.

Oh my gosh-- were you there in the first half of October? I remember you! We LOVED your costumes! DD was 7 at the time and I know she was pointing you out to us and I think she might have even told you she loved your Kevin costume. If it wasn't you, then someone else stole your idea!!!

Ok guys, I decided to change my costume for MNSSHP to match my husband.
My husband decided that he is going to wear a Jack Skellington T-shirt he bought at Old Navy:

With that in mind, I then decided to go with a Tim Burton look. I just bought this cute little dress online:

By adding this wig and stockings I think it matches the whole Jack Skellington theme without being too over the top:

Or instead of the wig, I also found these cool accessories at the dollar store: a mini witch hat and purple light up hair. I can wear either of them with the dress or wear them both together.

What do you guys think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter