Post-Cruise Trip

What would you choose to do post-cruise?

• WDW

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Vero Beach

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

npatellye

DIS Veteran
We (DH, DD10, DD8, and I) are sailing on the Wish this summer and would like to add a 5-6 night stay at either WDW or Vero Beach. We were at Vero for part of our Thanksgiving trip and loved it!

I think Vero would be much more relaxing. Also, DD10 is super into everything science and conservation so I feel like that could be a great time to be there. I have reserved an inn room again there in anticipation of returning to Vero.

However, my husband is now worried about the heat at Vero in July. Personally, I don’t think WDW will be much better but he thinks WDW will provide more distractions for the kids to forget about the heat. If we do WDW, we would only do 3 days in the parks. To add, our Sorcerer’s passes have expired as, with the girls’ getting older, we will no longer be doing enough days at WDW in a year to justify the price.

So, what do you recommend post-cruise and why?

As far as the heat, it will likely be hotter in Orlando than Vero. We did 2nts pre cruise at Vero in mid June. It was 97F in Orlando and 84F at Vero! We were so glad we decided to stay at Vero. Not sure if mid July is similar to mid June, but you get the ocean breeze to cool things off. We didn't stray off property with such a short stay, so no idea how well you can occupy yourself in the area for 5 days.

As far as the heat, it will likely be hotter in Orlando than Vero. We did 2nts pre cruise at Vero in mid June. It was 97F in Orlando and 84F at Vero! We were so glad we decided to stay at Vero. Not sure if mid July is similar to mid June, but you get the ocean breeze to cool things off. We didn't stray off property with such a short stay, so no idea how well you can occupy yourself in the area for 5 days.
Thank you! I’m not worried about occupying ourselves for 5 days because we did 4 nights there over Thanksgiving and the kids were totally content to occupy themselves with mini golf, the pool, and the beach. But they were probably also rather tired from a WDW stay at the start of the trip.

Last edited:
After a very busy cruise, I'd do Vero. There is always a breeze on the beach or you can just plop yourselves in the pool. Your ten yr old will love the afternoon pool parties.

I agree that Vero will at least feel cooler due to the ocean breeze. Orlando's humidity makes it difficult to function, even after sundown. And I think that unless the kids are dedicated to riding as many rides as they can no matter what, a beach vacation after a cruise sounds much more relaxing than the theme parks.

We are at VB right now and discussing when to come again! If you would like relaxing, pick VB.

There should be some nesting turtle activities/programs for information as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter