• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post-Cruise Transfers and Luggage fees

jlw3535

Earning My Ears
Hi all - can't get a good answer on this so hoping someone can lend some clarity.

Flying in a day before embarkation so we will be getting ourselves to the port. Would like to take advantage of the transfer back to MCO, with the luggage headed straight to the airport so I don't see it until I am home.

here's my question - we have Sky Priority on Delta for this flight, and I also have the Delta Credit Card, so I get free bags with both. Does the ship have the capability of seeing one or either on my transfer reservation so that I am not charged for bags?

Anyone who's been through this that can lend a hand, I'd appreciate it. Today is my last day to book the transfer because we sail Saturday.

I can't answer your question about the Delta fees (i think it involves a trip to Guest Services). But just so you know, you can book the transfers to the airport up until the time you are on the ship. So don't stress that it has to be today.

I'm united priority and with the credit credit card that gives me free bags as well. If you use the onboard airline check-in, your bags will go (agree with you, I don't want to see them until home!). On the paperwork DCL provides, it states "Applicable airline baggage fees will apply. Contact guest services if you are a frequent flyer member..." I think all but one time, I have not been charged. The one time I was I called and the charge was reversed. You provide your reservation number for your flight, so they should look it up and see (but someone needs to be paying attention). So set yourself up with the DCL transfer for your return (provide flight info) and I believes its on port check-in, they ask for your return flight info so have it handy to set up the onboard airline checkin. Hope that makes sense! Cruising myself in 8 days so still hoping this is all correct.

I shared this with the disney cruise line blog site from our last cruise https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...averal-Debarkation-Info-3N-Dream-May-2018.pdf

@jlw3535 Bags Inc takes care of this for the cruiseline (same company that handles resort check in for WDW). I'm both a UA and DL elite. I've never had an issue with being charged baggage fees either on the ship or in the resort.

I forgot to add... We always take DCL transfers back to the airport for the baggage reason (families big enough it costs us more than private)

I'm Delta elite and have used the bag check services several times. On one occasion they did charge me for the bags when they shouldn't have. I had to talk with the customer service for Bags, Inc. to get it corrected. Disney couldn't reverse the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter