Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

In the crap of all this - SW did not open May bookings until early Dec, so just 2 short months later - total upheaval. Shame and glad I didn't book with them this go around.

Has SW gone crazy like this before? Maybe because we had flights switched big time, It just seems everyone is having issues.
Did it for us last year for early July flights as well as several of our friends going different places around the same time frame last year.

Did it for us last year for early July flights as well as several of our friends going different places around the same time frame last year.
My husband flew 4 times (8 total flights) and I 2 times (4 total flights) last year no issues. Others who flew (to Chicago, to Idaho, to Orlando, to LA, to Austin) last year also didn't have changes made and this was throughout the year.

It's not that the flights are changing because that can happen it's that it's hitting March, April, and now May and seems to be affecting a larger group of people. This suggests it's a company-wide altering of flight schedules on a grand scale such that does not seem to have happened before.

Our May 15th flight back home did too.

Original leaving Orlando at 9:05pm (was the original last flight time) arriving back home at 11pm

New flight time leaving Orlando at 10:55pm arriving back home at 12:50am. That late time getting back home isn't an issue for us we're used to that.

I still see the same number of non-stop flights for that day on the way home but the times were shifted. There was an 11am which is now 2:35pm
That’s kind of what I saw too. My 220 pm flight to stl was changed to 5. The 220 no longer exists but now there is a 3pm that wasn’t there before. I changed to that. It wasn’t any huge change like some have but with 4 kids I don’t want to arrive at 1030 pm

That’s kind of what I saw too. My 220 pm flight to stl was changed to 5. The 220 no longer exists but now there is a 3pm that wasn’t there before. I changed to that.
We've got a couple of us KC DISers going down for a wedding and we're all flying back home on the 15th but different times during the day. I just alerted at least one of them to check their flights. I know she originally wasn't wanting the early morning non-stop back home but then didn't book the 11am non-stop back home before it got pricier but now that one is a little later on so that may or may not be bad if that's what it got changed to for her. ETA: the person did book the 11am flight and it was changed to the 2:35pm flight.

The bride just said her flight from Orlando to PA in April for her bridal shower back home also was changed although I don't know just when that change occurred.

ETA: talked with the person and she's flying down 5/6 in the evening and said her flight down to Orlando was moved up although I don't have the times (more just that this is another May person whose flight was changed). Looks like her flight used to land in Orlando at 11pm and now arrives at 8:30pm, she's happy with the change, but is like me hoping nothing else gets changed.

Last edited:
Does it look like they are done with the April changes, for now anyway? I posted above about our mid-April PVD-MCO flight being changed and having to scramble to find a new flight. Our return flight on 4/24 had a slight change - original flight time was 7:05am and changed to 7:25am. I want to be able to relax now and not have to frantically keep checking for more April changes.

Does it look like they are done with the April changes, for now anyway? I posted above about our mid-April PVD-MCO flight being changed and having to scramble to find a new flight. Our return flight on 4/24 had a slight change - original flight time was 7:05am and changed to 7:25am. I want to be able to relax now and not have to frantically keep checking for more April changes.
I couldn't say with confidence but it does sound like a lot of us with new changes in the last day or so are for May flights

I had thought about adding a day and getting a Sunday non stop home, but I would have had to borrow DVC points and then was concerned what if SW switched more flights. So instead, I chopped a day off the trip. But still holding onto extra room day for a few more weeks, juuuuussssst in case schedule changes again.

I had read an article a ways back about them getting a new flight scheduling system that would let them book flights based on preliminary intentions and then the computer rebooks everyone when they finalize schedules and eliminate a number of flights. The article said that before, a person would rebook you so you got things that made sense. Now, the computer rebooks you and you get the nonsensical results that so many have gotten upset about. We love SWA, but their recent operational policies leave much to be desired.

Ugh, our May 13 flight down to MCO was pushed back 6 hours! I do not want to land at MCO at 8:30pm with kids. I’ve canceled my SW flights and got nonstop flights with Delta that land at 9:30am (and picked my seats).

I had read an article a ways back about them getting a new flight scheduling system that would let them book flights based on preliminary intentions and then the computer rebooks everyone when they finalize schedules and eliminate a number of flights. The article said that before, a person would rebook you so you got things that made sense. Now, the computer rebooks you and you get the nonsensical results that so many have gotten upset about. We love SWA, but their recent operational policies leave much to be desired.
Oohh that would be an interesting article to read. Do you remember by any chance where you saw that at?

oh good heavens.... :headache:

I received notification this evening that our flights from RDU to LAS May 15-19 were just victim of the HORRIBLE SW flight changes going on...

now instead of leaving RDU early (which I LOVE) and getting into Vegas at 10am we now leave at 10:30am, have a layover in Austin and get into Vegas at 3pm - they are cutting into my gambling time!!

ARGH!

and we leave Vegas at 7:45am - who leaves Vegas that early???

I'm just hoping that between now and then they come out with some better options and perhaps even a non-stop or 2!!

and can I tell you that they originally put us on a flight with 2 layovers to get to Vegas...what in the world..

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Ugh, our May 13 flight down to MCO was pushed back 6 hours! I do not want to land at MCO at 8:30pm with kids. I’ve canceled my SW flights and got nonstop flights with Delta that land at 9:30am (and picked my seats).

Your fares were refunded?

In our case, we had to cancel a trip in Dec, so we were using credit for our April trip. Not sure if they would have given us cash at that point.

Just got our flight change. Not only did they change us from a 4 hour total trip to a 7.5 hour, they moved the departure time up 4 hours to within 30 min of TSA opening at our airport. Not gonna happen... I see a few flights did go down in price, but I am getting a functional flight first, then deal with a deal..... This is for a flight in May. Good luck everyone!!

Right there with you who is even partially awake at that time let alone ready at the airport to leave Vegas :rotfl:
EXACTLY!! and we rent a car so we'll have to leave extra-extra early to return that to the car center, take the bus to the airport....ugh...

UGH.....on a high note I did get back 44k in points bc the points dropped for these new crappy flights!

:crazy2:

EXACTLY!! and we rent a car so we'll have to leave extra-extra early to return that to the car center, take the bus to the airport....ugh...

UGH.....on a high note I did get back 44k in points bc the points dropped for these new crappy flights!

:crazy2:
Not liking your post for all the ickiness you have to deal with but just that I feel ya :flower3:

Silver lining getting all those points back! but completely annoying all the changes at the same time :sad2:

Got an email for a flight change in May. Does anyone know if you’re not happy with the time you’ve been changed to, and not happy with any other choices for that day, can you change your flight to arrive in another city? For example, instead of the original flight from Vegas to Atlanta, could you choose to arrive in Nashville instead? It’s a round trip ticket, not one way each way. So I would fly from Atlanta to Vegas, but return from Vegas to Nashville. Is this doable since SW made the change?

And our May 15 MCO - PIT flight changed as well. Went from 7:20 AM departure to 10:25 AM, so guess that works in our favor as well. Did not get a change yet for my sister’s flight on May 9… so, does that mean they probably won’t touch it for a while?
ETA- spoke too soon. Her flight was changed… from a 8:30 PM nonstop to a 6:40 flight with a layover in BWI…. Oy. I guess I’ll be talking to her tomorrow to see if she wants to keep or change.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter