• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I am watching like a hawk too. I set up flight alerts for the first flight from GRR to MDW and the connection from MDW to MCO for every day this week. We are scheduled on those flights next Tuesday so if they get cancelled at all this week, I would at least like an idea of what time they are being cancelled. I booked a refundable flight on Delta, but it is scheduled to depart an hour EARLIER so I will need to decide whether or not to get on that plane. I do not want to make the wrong decision. If the SWA flights go off as scheduled every day from now through Monday, I will feel a lot more confident in cancelling the Delta flight. I will also feel a lot better when I see that the SWA plane is sitting on the ground in GRR on Monday night, waiting to take off first thing Tuesday morning.

We are scheduled to fly out Saturday AM from Love Field (DAL) to Orlando. Checking this morning and all flights, the entire day, are delayed. None cancelled thankfully. It looks like the later in the day, the longer the delay. It's crazy to see they are anticipating delays even this early.

1pm and 2pm flights both apprx. 20 min delayed. 4pm, 6pm, 7pm all 2 HOURS delayed. Yikes.

I don't leave until February but I'm starting to think I should have flown another airline. I have always preferred SWA but all of these cancellations and delays really have me nervous.

This really, really sucks. I bought our tickets for Thanksgiving the day they became available to get the best prices and now if I rebook with another airline I'm looking at like a thousand more, easily. Really hope they get it together but like most of you, trying to figure out what to do.

This really, really sucks. I bought our tickets for Thanksgiving the day they became available to get the best prices and now if I rebook with another airline I'm looking at like a thousand more, easily. Really hope they get it together but like most of you, trying to figure out what to do.
It really does suck. I could have bought tickets from another airline but I waited until Southwest put theirs on sale because I have always liked them. Now this. I should have just bought from a different airline I guess. Now if SWA cancels or changes my flight it will mess everything up.

One would *hope* that SW sorts out its business before Thanksgiving. If they continue to have problems like this weekend, cancelling 1/3 of its flights, I don't see how an airline survives.

One would *hope* that SW sorts out its business before Thanksgiving. If they continue to have problems like this weekend, cancelling 1/3 of its flights, I don't see how an airline survives.

Seriously! I know I'm going to be much more hesitant to book with them now, they've had the most flight cancellations out of other airlines this year.... which isn't great. I think the worry is that no one saw this weekend's mess coming... who's to say another mess isn't on the horizon even when this is sorted out?

Perhaps even just booking with a new airline for your return flight so you're not stranded is the way to go. If a flight was delayed from our departing airport, at least I'm close enough to home to not be stuck there...

Seriously! I know I'm going to be much more hesitant to book with them now, they've had the most flight cancellations out of other airlines this year.... which isn't great. I think the worry is that no one saw this weekend's mess coming... who's to say another mess isn't on the horizon even when this is sorted out?

Perhaps even just booking with a new airline for your return flight so you're not stranded is the way to go. If a flight was delayed from our departing airport, at least I'm close enough to home to not be stuck there...
Ha, I'd rather be stranded there, unable to get home, than stranded here, unable to go! (Oh no, we're stuck in Orlando? More Dole Whips!) Kidding, of course. Maybe.

I am so hoping that this means they are getting back on track. Supposed to fly out early Friday morning Dallas to MCO. Fingers crossed.
I don't post very often, but same here Friday 6AM Dallas to MCO. Very anxious since driving is less likely to be viable option considering it would take 16+ hours. Finger crossed.

Best of luck to all of you flying out this week. I hope it all works out.

We fly out SW on Saturday morning from Omaha-St. Louis-Orlando. I am really getting worried. I just want to get to MCO! If I get stranded at Disney, I can live with that, just not getting stuck in Omaha with no chance of vacay! I have to wear a heart monitor this week to monitor my heart rate. I am thinking this will not be well-timed!

Used to fly out of Omaha all the time when we lived in Council Bluffs. I hope everything goes well for you.

I don't post very often, but same here Friday 6AM Dallas to MCO. Very anxious since driving is less likely to be viable option considering it would take 16+ hours. Finger crossed.
That's our flight! Our only hope is it all gets straightened out. This will be a trip for just DD 16 and I so there is no way I would drive by myself all that way. Buying super expensive tickets on a different airline isn't really an option either so hoping we won't have to reschedule. DD will be heart broken if we do. Who am I kidding though, so will I!! Good luck to you.

That's our flight! Our only hope is it all gets straightened out. This will be a trip for just DD 16 and I so there is no way I would drive by myself all that way. Buying super expensive tickets on a different airline isn't really an option either so hoping we won't have to reschedule. DD will be heart broken if we do. Who am I kidding though, so will I!! Good luck to you.
Good luck to you as well!! and I agree, different airline prices are completely insane right now considering its only 4 days away.

I have been watching out of curiosity, and MHT doesn't seem to be affected in the way some other locations have been.
I got out of Manchester just fine, but the connection was cancelled. If I would have known, I could have extended my vacation in NH instead of camping out all night in the Baltimore terminal. Not fun!
I did get my money back but I had to pay 2.5x more to book a flight on a different airline for the next day.

I am watching like a hawk too. I set up flight alerts for the first flight from GRR to MDW and the connection from MDW to MCO for every day this week. We are scheduled on those flights next Tuesday so if they get cancelled at all this week, I would at least like an idea of what time they are being cancelled. I booked a refundable flight on Delta, but it is scheduled to depart an hour EARLIER so I will need to decide whether or not to get on that plane. I do not want to make the wrong decision. If the SWA flights go off as scheduled every day from now through Monday, I will feel a lot more confident in cancelling the Delta flight. I will also feel a lot better when I see that the SWA plane is sitting on the ground in GRR on Monday night, waiting to take off first thing Tuesday morning.
Check flightaware.com and enter the flight numbers eg swa1234. You get the flight history as well as “where is the plane now?” I used it Saturday and I still got stranded. I knew my plane made it to Baltimore but there she sat without a crew to get me home. So sad!

Double booked for tomorrow.. my back up flight leaves 3:30 hours before SWA. Waited almost three hours on the phone only to be told..."your flight is scheduled to depart on time... blah, blah, blah. I’m usually flexible but not this trip. My schedule is tight for departure and return ...can't do cancellations or delays. Guess I will be eating airfare.🤬

Last edited:
I'm hanging onto two res also.... AA and SWA b/c I have no confidence the swa will go as planned.... I'm seeing a lot of connector flights canceled today and I'm thinking I'd rather pay more than get stuck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter