Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So I just checked frontier with your suggestion, and there are only 2 flights the day we arrive and one gets us there at 2:10pm and the other is just after midnight the following day. Jet Blue has more flights but not really earlier than Frontier.

This is just a quick 4 night trip for us so we need to be in Orlando first thing on our first day.

Which means I may end up with $900 flights on Delta...

Thanks for trying!!
Hope your plans work out, without any complications.

Ugh - the SW fun continues. After our second attempt at flying out this weekend, we a different airline for our outbound flight. Went to the SW desk at the airport, explained we didn’t want the rescheduled flight out & that we need to make changes to our return flight as we were now flying out of a different airport. Was told the changes were made, and only the return flight showed in my account (not the outbound flight). This morning our return flight booking is just gone from my account (the flights still exist on SW). When I search the confirm # it says the reservation was cancelled! All I can think is that when we weren’t on the rescheduled outbound flight last night it somehow counted us as a no-show & cancelled the entire booking, even though they had supposedly removed that leg from our reservation. On hold while we get ready to head to the park, but won’t likely get through before we leave, so I also sent a message on Twitter & will try calling again later tonight after we’re done for the day. Luckily we aren’t scheduled to leave until Sunday.

I’ve been a pretty loyal SW flyer for years, both because they offer nonstops out of our airports & the flexibility of booking with points, but our experience this weekend may well change that.

My next flight is near Christmas. I'm keeping my eye on this. We fly SW for the direct flights, which are the ones getting cancelled at my airport. Just be honest. I feel it's flight crews, not weather. It's a perfect morning today and the first direct flight to MCO is cancelled while other destinations are taking off. I think SW is ok, but not as great as others think or SW portrays themselves.

I'm anxiously watching this and need to start watching more closely. Are the cancellations nationwide, or concentrated in certain regions? We're scheduled to fly SW this Thanksgiving to DLR, not Orlando.

Got an offer from AMEX overnight for a Delta SkyMiles Gold with 70,000 miles LOL! Someone is on the ball...told DH we may need to consider as Delta flies both MHT and BOS to MCO. I'm waiting to see what the JetBlue offer (wait - it's coming) will be... We've been SWA for over 20 years but this might be a break up!

:rolleyes1

Got an offer from AMEX overnight for a Delta SkyMiles Gold with 70,000 miles LOL! Someone is on the ball...told DH we may need to consider as Delta flies both MHT and BOS to MCO. I'm waiting to see what the JetBlue offer (wait - it's coming) will be... We've been SWA for over 20 years but this might be a break up!

:rolleyes1
My friend’s flight Friday night to Orlando was canceled from PVD. She drove to Manchester to get a flight Saturday morning…. It worked she got to FL!! Wish I would’ve been able to get on that flight.

Mine cancelled this morning was rescheduled for Wednesday morning. I was supposed to be home last Friday night. I will not be flying southwest again- in fact, I won’t be flying anywhere for a good long while. This has been a terrible mess- driving would have been much better and that’s saying a lot!

I'm anxiously watching this and need to start watching more closely. Are the cancellations nationwide, or concentrated in certain regions? We're scheduled to fly SW this Thanksgiving to DLR, not Orlando.

Same exact situation so also wondering!

Casual observation: There are far fewer cancellations, so far, today, as aircraft and crew are repositioned. If flights have been delayed, the typical delays have been 5-10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter