Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Wow! I didn’t know United let you rebook at lower fare. Was there a change fee?

No. I’ve only flown southwest since when I was a kid flying different airlines so they are all I really know. I also didn’t know that. I saw that it went down, and googled it and found that you could rebook through them like southwest. I know that the most basic fare you can’t but we did the one up from that (basic is no carryon, can’t pick your seat, or make changes and next up was only like 20 more). Everything I read said it was the same as southwest about having to use the credit one year from booking, but my credit says good until December 2023. Which is nice because we will actually be able to use it (never end up flying within a year of booking).

Wow! I didn’t know United let you rebook at lower fare. Was there a change fee?
I didn't know that either! This must be new-ish. In 2020, I had to change flights, there was no fee but I didn't get the difference back in credits. (I don't think it was Basic since social distancing was firmly in place and they'd been only offering Economy fares from my airport.)

Thank you @pens4821! we have a September United flight that I felt was higher, but not crazy like some other fares, so we took it rather than wait. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it goes down. They've been the most reliable carrier from here as of late.

The late June ones are now up to $600-800 RT pp from here 😳 They were $450+ when I started looking.

Bonus tier qualifying points for the Spend 10,000 get 1500 tier qualifying points are for cumulative spending, right? I feel like I’ve spent waay more than that this year so far but have yet to earn anything! (Tier qualifying bonus points I mean)

Bonus tier qualifying points for the Spend 10,000 get 1500 tier qualifying points are for cumulative spending, right? I feel like I’ve spent waay more than that this year so far but have yet to earn anything! (Tier qualifying bonus points I mean)

So, just to be clear, they are tier qualifying points, but they aren't a bonus on your overall point total. It just means that, of the 10k points you have earned from that spend, 1500 qualify for tier status. This is also only true on some of the SW card types.

I can see my tier qualifying points in the app when I click into Rapid Rewards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-143357.png
    Screenshot_20220511-143357.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 4
So, just to be clear, they are tier qualifying points, but they aren't a bonus on your overall point total. It just means that, of the 10k points you have earned from that spend, 1500 qualify for tier status. This is also only true on some of the SW card types.

I can see my tier qualifying points in the app when I click into Rapid Rewards.
Yes, thank you. I just see on my statement that every month that goes by it shows me 0 for my RR Tier Qualifying Points earned and I am sure I have put more than $10,000 on it since January but maybe I didn't...

Yes, thank you. I just see on my statement that every month that goes by it shows me 0 for my RR Tier Qualifying Points earned and I am sure I have put more than $10,000 on it since January but maybe I didn't...
If you log into your Rapid Rewards account at Southwest.com: go to "My Account", then "see all points activity" under "My rapid rewards", then use the drop down menu under "point type" to sort for Tier Qualifying Points you have earned.

Another RDU'er here. We're flying out at 5:45 am...arriving at MCO at 7:35 am!!! o_O I'm excited about it though!

ETA: I hope it doesn't get changed!
EEEEKKK!! that is an AWESOME time!! We arrived really early on our last trip, had a car service and we stopped by the Publix, went to check out and found out we were too early to buy WINE!! So.....we ordered some through Instacart on the drive over to the hotel!!

I'm hoping for an early flight like that!

#jealous

What type of card do you have? I don't think anything counts if you have the lowest fee one.

To be clear, they aren't "extra" bonus points. Of the points you earn, a portion of them also count as tier qualifying. I see the below when I log into SW and click on Rapid Rewards. That 1,500 tier qualifying credited when my first statement closed with over 10k spend.

ETA- you can only earn 15k tier qualifying per card so, if you spent $200,000 on both cards in a year, you would still need 5,000 other qualifying points to hit A list. If you're forcing that kind of spending through the card, I'd assume you're booking all flights on points and you won't have any cash flights that boost your qualifying miles.

View attachment 649928
Thanks again for this. I just came back and reviewed your post. I am booking revenue flights until I hit A list and earn CP (still confused about what qualifies as points towards CP) but my tier qualifying points did show in my account on the desktop. So just to make sure there’s a 15k max per card on those, right? I should hit my goals before I need to switch cards but it’s always good to know!

Thanks again for this. I just came back and reviewed your post. I am booking revenue flights until I hit A list and earn CP (still confused about what qualifies as points towards CP) but my tier qualifying points did show in my account on the desktop. So just to make sure there’s a 15k max per card on those, right? I should hit my goals before I need to switch cards but it’s always good to know!
I just looked on my app. I have priority and it says I earn "unlimited" tier qualifying points. 1500 for every 10k spend.

I could have sworn I read that maxed out at 15k points per card somewhere else. Maybe that's one of the features that changed in late 2021?

On my daily check of flights I just noticed they added wanna get away plus fare today to the flight options. It was $30 more than wanna get away fare.
Looks like it'll vary? A flight I was looking at for next month is $20 difference.

I didn't realize transferable flight credit? Does anyone know what that means exactly?

Edit looks like 1 time credit transfer to another rapid rewards member. Original booking date still applies for expiration

After checking this morning at BWI, I looked at a DCA for the same date it was a $30 difference for the new fare category. Then I just checked the original BWI flight again...it says $30. Then I checked for a day earlier, $30. I'm using my laptop right now.

I could have sworn it was $20 this morning, but now wondering if I read it wrong on my phone (tinier print! lol) Maybe they're all $30?

After checking this morning at BWI, I looked at a DCA for the same date it was a $30 difference for the new fare category. Then I just checked the original BWI flight again...it says $30. Then I checked for a day earlier, $30. I'm using my laptop right now.

I could have sworn it was $20 this morning, but now wondering if I read it wrong on my phone (tinier print! lol) Maybe they're all $30?

Idk I just noticed it on the 4 flights I am taking that it is $30 more. I will have to snoop at the flights some more lol. I honestly have no interest in paying it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter