Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

The schedule starts with 3 flights on Saturdays, but tends to condense down to 2 or even 1 depending on demand. Sundays have been starting out with 2 flights and weekdays just one.
I just wish they would have 1 nonstop flight per day again. Layovers stress me out and the best option they have right now is a 45 minute layover in ATL, which probably isn’t a good thing because if there are any delays on the first flight, we will get left if the second flight leaves on time. We almost got left at MDW in July because of this happening. I had to send my daughter running as fast as she could to try and catch them before they left us. She made it just as they were about to close the door.

Southwest bumped out our March flight to MCO by 30 minutes, giving me the opportunity to change to an earlier flight. However, that means our Early Bird would move to the end of the line of those that already purchased Early Bird for the new flight. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how many would now be in front of us and what our boarding group/number might be. We always purchase our flights as soon as they're released and typically end up with A or early B boarding groups. It's a spring break flight out of Indy. Debating if we should keep the 8:30p flight or switch to the 5:20p. We're a family of 4 that likes to sit together.

Southwest bumped out our March flight to MCO by 30 minutes, giving me the opportunity to change to an earlier flight. However, that means our Early Bird would move to the end of the line of those that already purchased Early Bird for the new flight. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how many would now be in front of us and what our boarding group/number might be. We always purchase our flights as soon as they're released and typically end up with A or early B boarding groups. It's a spring break flight out of Indy. Debating if we should keep the 8:30p flight or switch to the 5:20p. We're a family of 4 that likes to sit together.

I would switch it, your number should still be low enough to sit together. I don’t do early bird and never had a problem sitting together.

The only time we were unable to sit together (with or w/o EBCI) was when our flight was canceled (weather) and we had to fly the next day, so we rescheduled onto the flight less than 12 hours before it left. (Which reminds me, I never did call and see if we could get a credit for the EBCI that we lost.)

I have 47000 points, but need 95000 to book flights for 7 of us. I prefer using points that way if we have to cancel we get the points back vs travel funds. I can buy the remaining points for $792. The total cash prices for flights is 1330. What is my best option here? I'd use my SW card to buy the points so I'd get points on that as well

Eeekk!!!

I just got this email from SW and they're extending my A-List status through 2022! WOOT for me!

Here's hoping others get this early Christmas present too!!
View attachment 629363
Back in October my husband got an offer to keep his A-list through 2022 (which had already been extended due to the pandemic) if he completed 4 one-way trips or 2 round trips by a date in November (I think that was it). He ended up doing 2 quick 2 day 1 night golf trips although he ended up doing a 3rd trip for work. He just found cheap places to go to (first was Chicago, second was Dallas). SWA is def. trying to encourage travel :laughing:

There was also that Companion Pass offer where if you booked by X date you'd get it. He got that one as well although it's a promotional Companion good in portions of Jan-Feb so we're trying to figure out if we can use it with a place we want to go to. I know they do those periodically with the promotional Companion Pass so keep an eye out for those!

Back in October my husband got an offer to keep his A-list through 2022 (which had already been extended due to the pandemic) if he completed 4 one-way trips or 2 round trips by a date in November (I think that was it). He ended up doing 2 quick 2 day 1 night golf trips although he ended up doing a 3rd trip for work. He just found cheap places to go to (first was Chicago, second was Dallas). SWA is def. trying to encourage travel :laughing:

There was also that Companion Pass offer where if you booked by X date you'd get it. He got that one as well although it's a promotional Companion good in portions of Jan-Feb so we're trying to figure out if we can use it with a place we want to go to. I know they do those periodically with the promotional Companion Pass so keep an eye out for those!
I also got that offer to extend my A-List by doing the 4 flights and I had 2 of the 4, but I was only scheduled for 1 additional flight during that time so who knows if they just gave it to me or what but I'm not asking questions or complaining! :confused3

HA! :rotfl:

Right now I have CP for DH, but it'll be slim if I can make the spending requirement between now and then - $125k is a lot to spend and we even put DS's college tuition on that SW card to get the points!

I'm not asking questions or complaining! :confused3
I wouldn't be either lol!
Right now I have CP for DH, but it'll be slim if I can make the spending requirement between now and then - $125k is a lot to spend and we even put DS's college tuition on that SW card to get the points!
We've earned Companion once (this promotional one is the second time we had Companion) by a combination of my husband flying every 2 weeks (WGA fares so it didn't add up as quick) and signing up for the SWA CC. That was when the requirement was for 110K points. It can def. be quite a benchmark even more so now with the raised requirement to get that Companion without it being a promotional one or due to a signup bonus. I do look fondly back on the time when we had Companion, we def. found ways to use it before the expiration date lol.

I did a search of this thread but wasn't able to locate the answer.

If I purchase EBCI but choose to cancel our trip (have cancelled twice already but thankfully border open now), will my EBCI be refunded if I purchase it? We are flying using points.

Our return trip sadly has 2 stopovers....ugh!....but EBCI would be more beneficial with that situation.

I did a search of this thread but wasn't able to locate the answer.

If I purchase EBCI but choose to cancel our trip (have cancelled twice already but thankfully border open now), will my EBCI be refunded if I purchase it? We are flying using points.

Our return trip sadly has 2 stopovers....ugh!....but EBCI would be more beneficial with that situation.

Unfortunately no if you cancel your flight your EBCI is not refundable.

View attachment 629390

Unfortunately no if you cancel your flight your EBCI is not refundable.
Thanks so much! They refunded my EBCI in 2020 when the border was closed but probably did it as it was an exception due to unusual circumstances.

I think I'm going to wait until closer to our travel dates to purchase it and see if we truly are going this time before purchasing it. Basically all I want to do is ensure my DD and I can sit together and don't really care where in the plane that is so purchasing it, even closer to travel dates, should still secure that...hopefully!

I found and booked a non stop BOS-MCO 5/21/2022 flight! We are still on a Delta flight to return unless SWA puts up a non stop. I thought there was some "agreement" that there are no non-stop BOS-MCO flights? Not my problem...LOL!

FLIGHT
# 3544
DEPARTS
BOS 07:00AM
Boston Logan
mail
ARRIVES
MCO 09:55AM
Orlando

I have 47000 points, but need 95000 to book flights for 7 of us. I prefer using points that way if we have to cancel we get the points back vs travel funds. I can buy the remaining points for $792. The total cash prices for flights is 1330. What is my best option here? I'd use my SW card to buy the points so I'd get points on that as well
We cant even buy 4 tickets for that anymore!

I found and booked a non stop BOS-MCO 5/21/2022 flight! We are still on a Delta flight to return unless SWA puts up a non stop. I thought there was some "agreement" that there are no non-stop BOS-MCO flights? Not my problem...LOL!

FLIGHT
# 3544
DEPARTS
BOS 07:00AM
Boston Logan
mail
ARRIVES
MCO 09:55AM
Orlando
There is usually 1 non-stop flight from BOS-MCO (and MCO-BOS) on Saturdays only.

Thanks so much! They refunded my EBCI in 2020 when the border was closed but probably did it as it was an exception due to unusual circumstances.

I think I'm going to wait until closer to our travel dates to purchase it and see if we truly are going this time before purchasing it. Basically all I want to do is ensure my DD and I can sit together and don't really care where in the plane that is so purchasing it, even closer to travel dates, should still secure that...hopefully!
I had tickets booked on points for November for the beach and we decided not to go. I didn't cancel but changed the trip to a date in the future so I could keep the EBCI. We are now going to Disney in October so I plan to change the trip to those dates when October opens.

I had tickets booked on points for November for the beach and we decided not to go. I didn't cancel but changed the trip to a date in the future so I could keep the EBCI. We are now going to Disney in October so I plan to change the trip to those dates when October opens.
Thanks. That's a great idea if you're sure you can travel within a year. Unfortunately for us we haven't been to Disney in over 2.5 years so an option like this won't work for us. Things I used to take for granted planning a Disney trip, I no longer do. In the past, being 6 weeks out I'd start pulling things together for our trip. Now we don't even really let ourselves get too excited due to the disappointment of having to cancel so many trips. :(

Thanks. That's a great idea if you're sure you can travel within a year. Unfortunately for us we haven't been to Disney in over 2.5 years so an option like this won't work for us. Things I used to take for granted planning a Disney trip, I no longer do. In the past, being 6 weeks out I'd start pulling things together for our trip. Now we don't even really let ourselves get too excited due to the disappointment of having to cancel so many trips. :(
I hope you get to go on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter