• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We are planing on flying with SW in March 2018 (to WDW of course!), so I know it'll be Octoberish before I will be able to book our flights. My question is, should I book as soon as the dates are released for our times traveling or watch and wait to see if the prices go down? If I book right away and then the prices go down can I call in and get a credit? If so, how do I get the credit? Back to my original charging CC or will it be credit through SW that I will have to redeem within a certain amount of time? We are not frequent fliers, so unsure how that all works. Thanks!!

We are planing on flying with SW in March 2018 (to WDW of course!), so I know it'll be Octoberish before I will be able to book our flights. My question is, should I book as soon as the dates are released for our times traveling or watch and wait to see if the prices go down? If I book right away and then the prices go down can I call in and get a credit? If so, how do I get the credit? Back to my original charging CC or will it be credit through SW that I will have to redeem within a certain amount of time? We are not frequent fliers, so unsure how that all works. Thanks!!
This, unless, I believe, you re-book within 24 hours of the initial booking. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Traveling to MCO 6/26 and returning 7/2. The return flights were outrageous so I only booked the flight down one way so I could watch pricing on return flight. Has anyone noticed that when you show round trip there is a huge difference on the pricing for the return trip from one way. Almost $60.00 each ticket. totally crazy. We need a non stop flight has my DH will not do connecting flights. Just when I though the pricing went down. Is this the norm? :scared:

Traveling to MCO 6/26 and returning 7/2. The return flights were outrageous so I only booked the flight down one way so I could watch pricing on return flight. Has anyone noticed that when you show round trip there is a huge difference on the pricing for the return trip from one way. Almost $60.00 each ticket. totally crazy. We need a non stop flight has my DH will not do connecting flights. Just when I though the pricing went down. Is this the norm? :scared:

It's always the same price for me

Could you potentially be searching for different numbers of tickets when you do the searches? i.e. 1 adult vs. 2 adults? Sometimes there is only one ticket at a certain price. Otherwise, the prices should be the same regardless of one way vs round trip.

No. Southwest never charges more for round trip than they do for two one ways.

No. Southwest never charges more for round trip than they do for two one ways.
I thought I was always searching for 2 fares. But maybe only had one. Okay glad to hear they never change from one way or round trip. Thank you.

What are SW codes and how do you get them...

There is a place on SW's reservations for a promo code, but they're very, very rare. I kind of remember they had a sale a weekend few years back (maybe more) that had a code, and I don't recall seeing one since. The best thing to do is sign up for rapid rewards and get on their mailing list and keep an eye out for sales, which they do run on a fairly regular basis (they can happen any time, but Tuesday is a frequent start day). The other thing to remember with Southwest is that you can rebook your flights if a lower price comes along and keep the difference as a credit for a future flight that flies within one year of your original booking date.

My group of 6 is flying southwest tomorrow to Orlando. I purchased early bird checkin for each person in the group. We didn't all purchase together so I had 3 separate reservations. I checked in and got our boarding passes this morning and we all have really high B numbers (B 38 39 40 51 52 59). I realize an A is not guaranteed with early bird but wasn't expecting such high numbers. What are my chances of getting 3 seats together so we can have 1 adult with the kids?

My group of 6 is flying southwest tomorrow to Orlando. I purchased early bird checkin for each person in the group. We didn't all purchase together so I had 3 separate reservations. I checked in and got our boarding passes this morning and we all have really high B numbers (B 38 39 40 51 52 59). I realize an A is not guaranteed with early bird but wasn't expecting such high numbers. What are my chances of getting 3 seats together so we can have 1 adult with the kids?

That seems really odd, as we always check in right at 24hr mark, and have never gotten lower than middway through B. I guess it's possible that a lot of people on your flight paid for EBC if you got the very end of B when they are checking you in at 36 hrs.! I would not be happy if I had paid extra money to be right before C group, but also can't imagine if I was checking in at 24 hr. and got seats on C.

Are there 2 adults and 4 kids or you meant 1 adult with 2 kids and other 3 adults? How old? Any that would qualify for family boarding? If so one adult could board with them between A and B. If not, whoever the first three to board in the middle of B shouldn't have a problem getting 3 seats, probably toward the back. You can try and put someone in the row behind and save seats since the others are not far behind. If not, the first three can swap out with others as needed when they get on.

No that is not normal. Are you sure you got all of you early bird for both ways?

...I purchased early bird checkin for each person in the group....we all have really high B numbers (B 38 39 40 51 52 59). I realize an A is not guaranteed with early bird but wasn't expecting such high numbers....

That seems really odd, as we always check in right at 24hr mark, and have never gotten lower than middway through B....

No that is not normal. Are you sure you got all of you early bird for both ways?

That was my reaction too. My personal experience is that I never buy EBCI and going to Orlando I'm pretty good about checking in at the 24 hour mark and I'm often a low A (40-60) or a high B (1-about 20). I realize there's randomness in the number of EBCI's, but getting those low B's (38-59) seems like EBCI didn't kick in somehow. The only thing I can think of is maybe some large group bought a bunch of tickets and paid for EBCI for everyone. When checking in at the airport, I'd ask if EBCI was applied when doing the online checkin.

How recently did you purchase the EBCI?

You can check here for the next release date.:-)
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

We are currently accepting air reservations through August 14, 2017. On February 23, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through September 29, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

JUST THE ANSWER I CAME HERE LOOKING FOR!! :banana: We're planning on going down on either 9/23 or 9/24 for 4 or 5 nights for F&W and I was hoping I could compare flight pricing first to help decide our exact dates (along with comparing DVC availability)!! :thanks:

My DH and I are planning a trip in October. We like direct flights to and from MHT to MCO. We have always taken direct first thing in the morning and returned later in the evening. I noticed that starting sometime in June SW only has one direct flight home which leaves at 930am.
That means ME would pick us up around 6:30 am o_O
Does anyone know if this is a just a summer schedule or their new schedule. It looks like not only is there a stop but you have to change planes in BWI.
And actually there is only one direct flight to Orlando too the early 6am flight which is the one we usually take.
I hope they bring back more direct flights

I'm sure people are sick of this question, but I'm just trying to clarify. The 4 members of my family (me, hubs, and 2 kids) have our own RR number. How do I use the other's points? It seems I would have to transfer them to my account (which costs money) or could I book as them (even if they're minors?) and pay with my credit card? If I did this, I would have to book separately, correct? Can I please have suggestions on the best way to do this? Thanks!

I'm sure people are sick of this question, but I'm just trying to clarify. The 4 members of my family (me, hubs, and 2 kids) have our own RR number. How do I use the other's points? It seems I would have to transfer them to my account (which costs money) or could I book as them (even if they're minors?) and pay with my credit card? If I did this, I would have to book separately, correct? Can I please have suggestions on the best way to do this? Thanks!

Make an account for them with their rewards number and you will see their points. You can book anyone on those points. It can be them or you or all of you with one persons points. I book my daughter and I all the time with my points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter