Possibly odd question about ADRs

CyclistMom

Earning My Ears
Hi there, making ADRs for our trip in November (I know I'm late, but we just suddenly decided to go).

Here's my question. We're a family of 5, which I think often impacts our ability to get a reservation (not just at WDW). Does anyone know what would happen if I made a reservation for a party of 4, but then showed up with a party of 5, AS LONG AS WE'RE WILLING TO FIT AT THE SMALLER TABLE??? Our twins are still small and easily fit side-by-side at a table for 4.

If this improved my ability to make reservations (there are way more tables for 4 than there are large tables), would the restaurants be really annoyed when we showed up with 5, or would they accommodate us as long I smiled sweetly and said that we're happy to sit at the cozier table? (And honestly, often with a party of 5, we end up at a big round table that could easily seat 8, and we're so spread out that it's hard to have a conversation or cut food for the little ones. We often prefer the smaller table.)

To be honest I would say no it probably wouldn't work. I wouldn't want to chance it. It may help to say a party of 6. Even though the children are little it can be against fire regulations (# of people in a place) not to mention I have heard that people are usually turned away or at the very least have to wait additional time (like hours) to wait for a table. I guess if you didn't mind waiting that long, that is if they even let you do it. Especially since you are going during FD, I say that cuts down on your chances as well.
Another thing that may help you is the Nov cancel thread. I see alot of cancelations for families of 5, maybe that would help you.
Good luck, hopefully others will have advice as well. Enjoy your trip! :)

Nope.Won't work. In fact they may make you wait longer for a table or they may not be able to fit you in..If need be book for MORE people than you have ..like 6 .It is better to show up with less people than more.This does not work though for any places that require a credit card deposit though

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking. It's just too bad to end up at such a giant table when we really don't need (or want) it.

I'll check out the Cancel thread. Being new, I didn't even know there was such a thing! Cool.

You would probably be causing yourself some grief in the long run. It may work. May not. Depends on the timing and luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter