Portofino Check in question

joshua4

DIS Veteran
I have three rooms reserved at Portofino in a few weeks for 6 adults and two kids. I will likely get to the resort before everyone else. I wanted to get to resort, pay off rooms and check in for all of them so that I have the room keys with express passes and there is no chaos when the other people arrive. Is there any issue with me checking in for all three rooms or will I need one of the adults from each room to be there for that? (I am fine with my credit card being on all of the rooms) Also, I am assuming that once I have our room key, I can go to guest services and they can add our park tickets (purchased from undercover tourist) on to the room key. Is that correct? Trying to have everything all taken care of so that when everyone gets there, they can stash their luggage with bell services and we can go to parks.
Thanks

You should be able be able to check in all rooms if you were the initial contact for the booking. You will need to supply the name of all room occupants because each one needs their own room key, which will also be used as your express pass as you are staying at Portofino Bay.

As for your second question, park passes don’t get added to room keys and will be a separate document. Since you purchased through Undercover Tourist (UT), I believe UT should either mail or email your tickets to you. If there is a different option, UT should have listed it in their confirmation email when tickets were purchased.

Thanks -- I have a hard copy of each of the park passes (they emailed them to me and I printed out). I think I can add the park pass to the app but I was hoping that I could get it put on a hard plastic card to stick in our lanyards. Is that not a thing? Glad you raised it because maybe I will just fold up each of the paper passes into a small rectangle and stick in lanyard pouch.

I guess the adults could have the passes in their apps but not sure what we do with the kids passes? Can you put multiple passes in the app? What do people generally do with the UT passes they purchased?

Thanks -- I have a hard copy of each of the park passes (they emailed them to me and I printed out). I think I can add the park pass to the app but I was hoping that I could get it put on a hard plastic card to stick in our lanyards. Is that not a thing? Glad you raised it because maybe I will just fold up each of the paper passes into a small rectangle and stick in lanyard pouch.

I guess the adults could have the passes in their apps but not sure what we do with the kids passes? Can you put multiple passes in the app? What do people generally do with the UT passes they purchased?
The room key/express pass will be hard plastic. The park passes are just cardboard paper passes.
You can get those at the Universal counter in the lobby. Both should fit into your lanyards.

The room key/express pass will be hard plastic. The park passes are just cardboard paper passes.
You can get those at the Universal counter in the lobby. Both should fit into your lanyards.
Ah -- thanks. That makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter