Portofino Bay Suites + Club Level?

coopersmom

DIS Veteran
We are looking at a stay at the Portofino Bay next February for my son's birthday. My sister-in-law will be traveling with us and we are planning on getting a suite. Do the suites come with club level access or can that be added for an additional charge? (And, if it's the latter, how do you do that.)

I've Googled and read endless Loews descriptions, but it's very unclear. It seems quite odd that higher level rooms don't offer the same amenities as cheaper, club rooms (lounge access, turndown, etc.) and I'm just checking to see if that's accurate. If it is, we might be better off just getting two club rooms, which is about the same cost as a suite.

I've called and done online chat with Loews and reservations has no idea what I'm even asking, frankly. They just regurgitate the same information as I can find myself online under the individual room descriptions.

Suites don't come with club. You can add that separately at booking or at check-in. It will be about $100 extra per night per room.

At PBH, club is just a lounge and not a specific floor, so club access is available to anyone for a fee.

Suites don't come with club. You can add that separately at booking or at check-in.

Do suites have turndown service? Concierge access? The lounge isn't make or break, but if we can get two rooms there for the same cost and more amenities, what's the point of getting a suite?

Also, we are far away from the dates now, and I see zero availability on the villa suites ... So I can't even price them. Every other room type room is available. Am I missing something?

Do suites have turndown service? Concierge access? The lounge isn't make or break, but if we can get two rooms there for the same cost and more amenities, what's the point of getting a suite?

Also, we are far away from the dates now, and I see zero availability on the villa suites ... So I can't even price them. Every other room type room is available. Am I missing something?

What are your dates?

Everyone has some concierge access. It isn't in the lounge but outside of it. And you can request turn down service if you want. All they do is turn your bed down, turn the lights on dim and turn on the radio. They'll also give you a small bottle of water. We've had turn down service in the suites before but I can't recall if we've always gotten it without requesting it.

If you look at the room amenities here http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Portofino-Bay-Hotel/accommodations you can see that turn down service is available to everyone upon request.

Are there connecting rooms available in the club category?

You can add club to anything as long as there is space available. Access to the club lounge is an option to any room. Booking club outright will give you two deluxe rooms. I don't know if there are deluxe connecting rooms.

The Club lounge is located lobby level and is not a specific FLOOR.However, those that book club directly are generally placed in the Villas wing.You can add club access for an additional charge ( subject to availibility ) but your rooms could be ANYWHERE and a long hike from where the lounge is.When we looked into the suites, they would not allow us to add club access before check in ( I think it is to make sure that the club isn't going to be overly booked).We wanted the club access more than the suite, so we ended up booking Club level to guarantee access.

Is the club option an access to the bar as well as breakfast? What are the benefits? What else is included?

Is the club option an access to the bar as well as breakfast? What are the benefits? What else is included?

Additional room amenities including: evening turndown service, and cotton signature bathrobes
Complimentary admission to fitness center at Mandara Spa®
Access to our 3,500 square foot lounge located off the main lobby
Personal concierge services to help with all your vacation needs
Complimentary use of computer with internet access and printer
TV viewing area and board games lending library
Complimentary Starbucks coffee, assorted teas, and soft drinks throughout the day
Continental breakfast served each morning (Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 10:30am; Friday - Sunday 7:00am - 11:00am)
Afternoon Break (12:00pm - 3:30pm)
Hot & cold hors d'oeuvres and complimentary beer and wine (5:00pm - 7:00pm)
"Something Sweet" each night (8:00pm - 9:30pm)
Lounge open daily 7:00am - 10:00pm

Suites don't come with club. You can add that separately at booking or at check-in. It will be about $100 extra per night per room.

At PBH, club is just a lounge and not a specific floor, so club access is available to anyone for a fee.

What do you mean by 'per room'? We are going to get either two separate rooms (one for guys, one for gals), or a suite.

Club would add $200 total for choice A. Is it $100 or $200 for choice B? :surfweb:

Booked club level for our upcoming darkside vacation. Have stayed CL at Disney hotels and also at Royal Pacific. Are the CL rooms located in the main building (by the villa pool) and if we require a pet room are there any on the club floor?

Booked club level for our upcoming darkside vacation. Have stayed CL at Disney hotels and also at Royal Pacific. Are the CL rooms located in the main building (by the villa pool) and if we require a pet room are there any on the club floor?

The Club lounge is located on the lobby level ( down the hall from the front desk).Club rooms can theoretically be anywhere in the resort, but they tend to cluster Club level guests in the villa wing.There is NO specific club floor like at Disney.You can not ( per the resort) book a club level pet room without resort approval

On-site hotel availability for pet-friendly rooms: ■Royal Pacific: Standard and Water View rooms.
■Hard Rock:Garden View rooms.
■Portofino Bay: Garden View or Bay View rooms.
■Club level rooms, deluxe rooms, and suites cannot be booked as pet-friendly accommodations without special permission from the hotel.

Pet-friendly rooms ■Loews loves pets! Pets are welcome at all three of Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels.
■The hotel will charge a $50 per night cleaning fee up to a maximum of $150 per stay.
■Maximum of two pets per room. Guests are responsible for feeding and walking their pets (the hotels do not have on-site boarding facilities).
■At this time there are no specific restrictions on pet type or size. Of course, the hotel reserves the right to remove guests with loud or dangerous pets.

The Club lounge is located on the lobby level ( down the hall from the front desk).Club rooms can theoretically be anywhere in the resort, but they tend to cluster Club level guests in the villa wing.There is NO specific club floor like at Disney.You can not ( per the resort) book a club level pet room without resort approval

On-site hotel availability for pet-friendly rooms: ■Royal Pacific: Standard and Water View rooms.
■Hard Rock:Garden View rooms.
■Portofino Bay: Garden View or Bay View rooms.
■Club level rooms, deluxe rooms, and suites cannot be booked as pet-friendly accommodations without special permission from the hotel.

Pet-friendly rooms ■Loews loves pets! Pets are welcome at all three of Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels.
■The hotel will charge a $50 per night cleaning fee up to a maximum of $150 per stay.
■Maximum of two pets per room. Guests are responsible for feeding and walking their pets (the hotels do not have on-site boarding facilities).
■At this time there are no specific restrictions on pet type or size. Of course, the hotel reserves the right to remove guests with loud or dangerous pets.

thank you! Our last pet stay was at PBH in the pet wing bay view. My only problem is my two Shih Tzus have gotten very neurotic since we had a tree come down on the house last year. Now they begin to panic whenever the weather turns nasty, which can happen frequently in FL.I am afraid that they would begin to howl. They also are pretty much a mated pair, have been together for five years (the male is now 10). I know that they would probably board them seperately in the kennel

Depending on your dates, February can be a very busy month - New England schools get winter break in February and the states vary the week so we all aren't out at the same time. If you can see everything else but not suites, it is likely that they are already booked. Your best bet is to call and ask to book a villa suite (either 1 or 2 bedroom, whichever you need) and see if one is available.

I know when I booked for our upcoming stay, I did it all on line and I had a choice for a villa suite with or without club level. (I can't tell you the price difference.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter