Portaits of Family - Hours and Cost?

mlayton14

DIS Veteran
I have seen some of the professional photo sitting pictures (assume they are the same photographers that wander about the ships during all hours) on the trip report boards and some of them are great ! That being said, I assume these are only available during times and locations listed in the navigator? Usually around dinner time and a brief time later at night.

Also, are these additional costs beyond what you would pay for the photo CD/prints? If you choose not to pay for the photo CD/print package, are the individual prints or digital images the same cost as those you would pay for any other pictures? something around 20 bucks per?

Are the lines for these generally long ??

Thanks very much in advance !

I have seen some of the professional photo sitting pictures (assume they are the same photographers that wander about the ships during all hours) on the trip report boards and some of them are great ! That being said, I assume these are only available during times and locations listed in the navigator? Usually around dinner time and a brief time later at night.

Also, are these additional costs beyond what you would pay for the photo CD/prints? If you choose not to pay for the photo CD/print package, are the individual prints or digital images the same cost as those you would pay for any other pictures? something around 20 bucks per?

Are the lines for these generally long ??

Thanks very much in advance !
All photos taken by the photographers that are in the atrium (with background setups) as well as the wandering photographers in the dining rooms, and at the character locations are part of the Shutters photo package offerings, or individual prints.

You can, if you wish, arrange a private seating for an additional cost, and those photos are not included in the packages. Sorry, don't know that cost.

Yes, if you don't buy the CD you can just get individual photos. I believe the 8x10 was around $20. The cruise is the only time we get a family photo.

Yes, if you don't buy the CD you can just get individual photos. I believe the 8x10 was around $20. The cruise is the only time we get a family photo.

Oh that's much more reasonable :) I wanted to get a couple of pictures, but those packages...OUCH!

Oh that's much more reasonable :) I wanted to get a couple of pictures, but those packages...OUCH!
PHOTOS (Sep 2014)
Individual prices are:
8X10 - $20.95
6X8 - $14.95
The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise CD.

To clarify, even if you order the full digital plus prints package, that would not include any photos taken in the studio? You would still have to pay for those individually? Our cruise package is $439.95 (pre cruise discount) so adding on additional costs is a bummer.

To clarify, even if you order the full digital plus prints package, that would not include any photos taken in the studio? You would still have to pay for those individually? Our cruise package is $439.95 (pre cruise discount) so adding on additional costs is a bummer.
Yes, if you do studio shots (ones you set up with Shutters) those are NOT included in any packages you may have purchased.

I have never wanted to book an additional studio session though. Shutters have backdrops out most nights - plain white, plain black, with a chair, with a picture of the ship in the background, with a sunset, etc. We got great family pictures just using these setups, without having to book anything additional.

Just to clarify, you can get family shots without setting up an appointment and those are included in the package. We did a family sitting for about 15 minutes and got tons of family shots.

Just to clarify, you can get family shots without setting up an appointment and those are included in the package. We did a family sitting for about 15 minutes and got tons of family shots.

This is in the studio? Can you just show up any time if they have availability, or just certain times?

Would love more info on the studio shots. Traveling on the Fantasy next month for my in-laws 50th. There will be 16 people in total. Trying to get a decent pic of the entire group before a dinner seems like it may be a bit challenging. I just know, the lines are long and this may be a little time consuming.

Does anyone have any idea on how you go about arranging this? When it's available? Cost? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you buy the full photo CD it will include:

All photos taken by wandering Shutters photographers (around the ship, in the dining rooms and on Castaway Cay)
Aqua Duck photos
All photos taken in front of the backdrops in the Atrium (these are set up in the evening)
All photos taken by Shutters photographers during character meets

For an extra fee, you can book a private photo shoot during the day and avoid the lines. Just speak with somebody at the Shutters desk

I looked into a private photo shoot on our first cruise when we had a large group. We decided it wasn't worth it. I can't remember how much they were going to charge, but it wasn't insignificant. We wound up with lots of family portraits from the evening backdrop sessions and purchased the full CD. During the regular evening sessions they will take 6-8 shots of your family in different poses.

Would love more info on the studio shots. Traveling on the Fantasy next month for my in-laws 50th. There will be 16 people in total. Trying to get a decent pic of the entire group before a dinner seems like it may be a bit challenging. I just know, the lines are long and this may be a little time consuming.

Does anyone have any idea on how you go about arranging this? When it's available? Cost? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I know there is a limit to the number of people than can shoot in the studio and in front of those backdrops before/after dinner but I don't know what that number is so I would call and ask. There was a gal on our last cruise that had brought all her children and grandchildren with her (I want to say there were 24 all together?) and they could not accommodate her for a studio or even outside photo shoot. So every night, she got her family all together and got a picture taken by the photographers on the steps in the Atrium.

I know there is a limit to the number of people than can shoot in the studio and in front of those backdrops before/after dinner but I don't know what that number is so I would call and ask. There was a gal on our last cruise that had brought all her children and grandchildren with her (I want to say there were 24 all together?) and they could not accommodate her for a studio or even outside photo shoot. So every night, she got her family all together and got a picture taken by the photographers on the steps in the Atrium.

This is true. We were over the limit once. The photographer told us that their insurer will only cover accidents (such as the lights or backdrops falling on people) for groups of 8 people or fewer. They are not allowed to have larger groups standing in the backdrop areas.

This is in the studio? Can you just show up any time if they have availability, or just certain times?

We did it in the atrium. They had an area set up in th corner. You had to wait in line but each group had a set amount of time for the photos. We knew about it ahead of time and got there early.
This was in 2011. Not sure if it is still done like that.

Approximately how much is the photo cd?

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):
7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;
5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;
4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;
2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices –
14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;
12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the CD with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the above packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.

For those photo packages of 6, 10, 15 & 20 - Are those only for the 8X10 photos or is it a combination of 6X8 and 8X10?

Trying to figure out if any packages are worth it :)

We just got off Fantasy and did the photo package. Every night there were "backdrops"set up around the atrium. If you are looking at Royal Court they had one set up to the right (near the hallway that went to Animators) with various backdrops. They had two set up to the right, usually one with a white backdrop and one with a ship backdrop. Most nights the also had a photographer set up on the stairs and one by the statue. Also had one by the mosaic wall where the throne is near guest services. (this was always the quickest line) We would get dressed for late dinner and go down to the atrium by 5pm and hit most of the backdrops before the 615pm show. After dinner was always really quiet (in between meals always busy). They take the pictures so quickly and don't check whether eyes are closed etc I would suggest visiting multiple backdrops on different nights and you will have some shots to chose from.

For those photo packages of 6, 10, 15 & 20 - Are those only for the 8X10 photos or is it a combination of 6X8 and 8X10?

Trying to figure out if any packages are worth it :)
Any combination of 8X10 and 6X8. A picture is a picture, regardless of size for the packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter