Port Orleans riverside

Dismom820

Mouseketeer
so I have a reservation in April for Pop Century, a preferred pool room so we can be close to the food court, buses, etc. we've stayed there before and are comfortable with the arrangements. However my mom has never really stayed in a "nice" hotel and I would like to surprise her with a room at Port Orleans riverside. I'm debating on either the Royal Rooms with the princess themed which my daughter would LOVE or it's a preferred room that would have us close to the dining and shopping. I've never stayed at this moderate resort but I have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and if the walk is anything like it is there, my mom would prefer the preferred room to save on walking time. How big is this resort? Is the walk from the Royal Rooms to the dining area that long of a walk? I stayed in the Jamaica area of the CBR and the walk to the dining area was annoying when we were tired and hungry. So my question is giving the situation, which room would you choose? Is the preferred rooms at Port Orleans really that close to the dining area? And also how are the buses set up here? Thanks in advance for any advice!

so I have a reservation in April for Pop Century, a preferred pool room so we can be close to the food court, buses, etc. we've stayed there before and are comfortable with the arrangements. However my mom has never really stayed in a "nice" hotel and I would like to surprise her with a room at Port Orleans riverside. I'm debating on either the Royal Rooms with the princess themed which my daughter would LOVE or it's a preferred room that would have us close to the dining and shopping. I've never stayed at this moderate resort but I have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and if the walk is anything like it is there, my mom would prefer the preferred room to save on walking time. How big is this resort? Is the walk from the Royal Rooms to the dining area that long of a walk? I stayed in the Jamaica area of the CBR and the walk to the dining area was annoying when we were tired and hungry. So my question is giving the situation, which room would you choose? Is the preferred rooms at Port Orleans really that close to the dining area? And also how are the buses set up here? Thanks in advance for any advice!

We loved PoP for what it was....a great price for staying in WDW...We used to get the 5o's section so it was convenient.

POR is fabulous. Everything about it is.....For the price difference, it's definitely worth it IMHO....Now in terms of the preferred.. I do believe they're are in the AB section.
We stayed in the mansions section.. Magnolia Bend to be exact..We found this to be perfect. So close to their own bus stop. Very close to the quiet pool . also a short 2 minute walk to the movies under the stars ( next mansion over ) Maybe a 4 minute walk to the watering hole area ( main pool ) & just across the bridge ( another 2 minutes )to the main bldg.... The way it's set up at this resort is NOTHING like CBR....That's the worst designed place out of all IMHO.... Here everything is pretty convenient...Great places to eat as well as the lounge w/ YeeHaw Bob...Very funny. And the boat ride is also a nice added bonus too.... Also be sure to try the beignets over @ POFQ..

Royal rooms are not a bad walk to main hub and Preferred rooms are all Alligator Bayou so may not be your DD cup of tea.

This map shows you the locations (red Royal, blue Preferred).

http://www.portorleans.org/

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

We loved PoP for what it was....a great price for staying in WDW...We used to get the 5o's section so it was convenient.

POR is fabulous. Everything about it is.....For the price difference, it's definitely worth it IMHO....Now in terms of the preferred.. I do believe they're are in the AB section.
We stayed in the mansions section.. Magnolia Bend to be exact..We found this to be perfect. So close to their own bus stop. Very close to the quiet pool . also a short 2 minute walk to the movies under the stars ( next mansion over ) Maybe a 4 minute walk to the watering hole area ( main pool ) & just across the bridge ( another 2 minutes )to the main bldg.... The way it's set up at this resort is NOTHING like CBR....That's the worst designed place out of all IMHO.... Here everything is pretty convenient...Great places to eat as well as the lounge w/ YeeHaw Bob...Very funny. And the boat ride is also a nice added bonus too.... Also be sure to try the beignets over @ POFQ..
We do love PoP…we've stayed in the 50's and she wasn't crazy about the walk, so this year we booked a room in the preferred pool rooms, so we know it'll be right at the buses and food court. Disney is running a killer deal right now that would make this possible for us to upgrade for around $500-$600 and now I'm just trying to decide if we want to stay in the royal rooms or preferred…i LOVE the looks of the Royal rooms more but if the walk is too much, we'll just stay in the preferred rooms…i agree with you on the layout of CBR i feel like that resort is way too spread out…beautiful but the walks were ridiculous! hahah

Royal rooms are not a bad walk to main hub and Preferred rooms are all Alligator Bayou so may not be your DD cup of tea.

This map shows you the locations (red Royal, blue Preferred).

http://www.portorleans.org/

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif
oooo thanks for the map…that makes it a bit better to put thing into perspective. yes, my DD would definitely prefer the Royal Rooms over the alligator ones hahahah i just knew at CBR i was soooo annoyed at how spread out things were…this doesnt look too bad…i think i might try and get us the royal rooms and just go for it…the deal is almost too good to be true hahha its just around a $600 difference…and i've been dying to try the Royal Guest Rooms out…i think it would be a great surprise for my mom to pull up to this resort instead of Pop.

oooo thanks for the map…that makes it a bit better to put thing into perspective. yes, my DD would definitely prefer the Royal Rooms over the alligator ones hahahah i just knew at CBR i was soooo annoyed at how spread out things were…this doesnt look too bad…i think i might try and get us the royal rooms and just go for it…the deal is almost too good to be true hahha its just around a $600 difference…and i've been dying to try the Royal Guest Rooms out…i think it would be a great surprise for my mom to pull up to this resort instead of Pop.

We love the Royal Rooms and even my last time, we were the farthest room out and still was nothing compared to most of CBR walks.

We do love PoP…we've stayed in the 50's and she wasn't crazy about the walk, so this year we booked a room in the preferred pool rooms, so we know it'll be right at the buses and food court. Disney is running a killer deal right now that would make this possible for us to upgrade for around $500-$600 and now I'm just trying to decide if we want to stay in the royal rooms or preferred…i LOVE the looks of the Royal rooms more but if the walk is too much, we'll just stay in the preferred rooms…i agree with you on the layout of CBR i feel like that resort is way too spread out…beautiful but the walks were ridiculous! hahah
Agreed... But if you were to get a room in the Oak bldg./#90 towards the northern/west end you'd be very close to Magnolia and then a lil walk to the Main pool area. If you requested in the southwest/ end of the bldg. you'd be a real short walk across that bridge right there...This might be better 4 ya...

We stayed in the Royal Rooms building 90 on the map. We felt it was very convenient to dining, pool and bus stops.
My girls adored the princess room!!
Best of luck making your decisions!

Aside from location, another added benefit of POR is the boat to DS and, I really like Boatwrights restaurant. It's not fancy, but good!

We stayed POR RR on our fist trip when my daughter was 5 so I think it will always have a special place in my heart. We loved the room, grounds, & boat to DS. We HATED our walk... we were in bldg 95 on the parking lot side in the far back corner. I would stay at POR RR in a heartbeat again (we love the mansion pools), but I would book a pool view to guarantee being closer to bus & main bldg.

We stayed in AB preferred room last April, and I did not care for it all, just not my taste in theme-ing, grounds or pools. But this is personal preference.

I recommend booking preferred at POR. I do feel the mansions look nicer but..... the preferred also put you really close to the main pool AND the food court. Agreed the walk from the mansions is not bad but the preferred rooms are just closer. I think your mom will be happier.

We stayed POR RR on our fist trip when my daughter was 5 so I think it will always have a special place in my heart. We loved the room, grounds, & boat to DS. We HATED our walk... we were in bldg 95 on the parking lot side in the far back corner. I would stay at POR RR in a heartbeat again (we love the mansion pools), but I would book a pool view to guarantee being closer to bus & main bldg.

We stayed in AB preferred room last April, and I did not care for it all, just not my taste in theme-ing, grounds or pools. But this is personal preference.
AB is sort of like HHR, in terms of theming...some love it...some don't:confused3

Agreed... But if you were to get a room in the Oak bldg./#90 towards the northern/west end you'd be very close to Magnolia and then a lil walk to the Main pool area. If you requested in the southwest/ end of the bldg. you'd be a real short walk across that bridge right there...This might be better 4 ya...
Thanks!

I recommend booking preferred at POR. I do feel the mansions look nicer but..... the preferred also put you really close to the main pool AND the food court. Agreed the walk from the mansions is not bad but the preferred rooms are just closer. I think your mom will be happier.
Thanks!

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter