Port Orleans riverside

DQfreak23

"Please stand clear of the doors, Por Favor Manten
Thoughts on port Orleans riverside? Pool? Food court?

Love the food court! Lots of options and lots if seating. The main pool looked fun, although we stuck to the quiet pool by our room.

We loved POR. The pool was really fun for the kids and they enjoyed the water slide. The food court had something for everyone. We were scheduled to stay there again this summer until free dining was announced and it did not include POR. We switched to CBR to save money, but will definitely be back to POR someday.

I wasn't so impressed. We were bothered by pool noise at night, two nights with no hot water and we were bothered by outside noise in general. Landscapers right outside our door, guests rolling suitcases down the sidewalk, kids running. We heard EVERYTHING. It was ridiculous.

Otherwise we loved the atmosphere. Good bus transportation. Resort was too huge for my taste and we were in one of the closer buildings!

Next time, IF there is a next time, I will bring ear plugs for sleeping, request to be away from any pool, and be upstairs where hopefully there will be less foot traffic.

That's my two cents. It wasn't awful but it was frustrating.

Loved the atmosphere and the food court was really good but crowded. The pool was underwhelming compared to SAB or the main pool at CSR but I think it would depend on the age of the kids as to whether they would love that pool or not. Most problems with bus service of any resort that we've stayed at so far, if I wanted to go back I would stay at FQ instead and walk over to POR to enjoy the resort.

I love POR. I think they have the best food court at WDW. I've never had a problem with room or pool noise, but then I have never had a room near the pool. My last stay we rarely saw another guest near our room.

Love it! Wife and I are heading back in few weeks. Pool noise was probably us after 11....sorry. Food is great though we are only there now for a quick bite before heading out to the parks.

The smaller pools are the only ones open after 11 so if you dont stay up late during your stay then you may want to request a room away from the pools. Garden view usually is far enough away.

Hard to get a fair answer to that question here. DIS boards have this phenomenon called the POR Army that invade every thread declaring it the single greatest resort on the planet!! :laughing: popcorn::

Hard to get a fair answer to that question here. DIS boards have this phenomenon called the POR Army that invade every thread declaring it the single greatest resort on the planet!! :laughing: popcorn::

I'm not sure what is unfair about people offering their opinion when asked. If you have a differing opinion you are welcome to share it too.

Btw, I have stayed at 9 different Disney resorts, and would only speak badly about 2 of them.

I am proud to be part of the PO Army. We like both the French Quarter and Riverside. It still is a matter of taste. We are moderate people (occasional splurge to the Beach Club) and neither CSR or CBR have ever held any fascination for us.

I'm not sure what is unfair about people offering their opinion when asked. If you have a differing opinion you are welcome to share it too.

Btw, I have stayed at 9 different Disney resorts, and would only speak badly about 2 of them.

My comment was ment has a good natured jab at the POR Army. That's why I put in the laughing face. ;) It wasn't ment to offend anyone.

You can't deny that this entity exists!! :teeth:

I am a PO fan as well. I love both resorts, but I do try to book POR first if possible. I know people say it is spread out, but I like that. I think it helps keep it a very quiet resort. I love walking the grounds, especially at night. I think one of the most romantic resorts! I also am a fan of Yeehaw Bob!

Best moderate by far... As you can see from my signature below we did POR and POFQ back to back and are going back to POR in dec!

Another POR fan here. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Just curious OP... I see quite a few stays there in your signature, have you had some not-so-great experiences there and are wondering if others have too?

We love POR. It is my opinion that the moderates are HUGE and very spread out. Therefore, our last couple moderate stays have been preferred. It is the only way to go for our family. We also love deluxe resorts occasionally :)

I'm also curious OP- looks like you've stayed at POR 4x. What have your experiences been?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter