Port Orleans Riverside

Forensicmom

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney last year for the first time and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. We loved it a bunch and wanted to go back but we needed to cut costs. After much research, we decided on the Port Orleans Riverside.

We just got home last night after spending 6 nights/7 days there in the Parterre Place buildings in a newly refurbushed Royal Guest Room.

We were thrilled with the entire resort. The room was clean, very nicely ddecorated and the beds were VERY comfortable. We had plenty of room for our family of 6. We did have to get two rooms. They gave us connecting rooms and adjoining rooms with the other part of our group.

The food court was HUGE and Boatwright's Dining Hall was very good. Unfortunately, because of the very cold weather, we did not get to experience the pool.

My husband and I both agreed that for $2,000 less, we would pick the POR over the Wilderness Lodge anytime. They were both very nice but WL was not any better.

Thank you for this review! We did WL for our first trip and want to return but also need to cut costs. We are also thinking of POR. I just can't decide if we need to spend the extra $ on preferred.

That's exactly what we were thinking but we've come to realize that the Disney takes care of all their resorts. They were equally nice.

One negative thing I read about the moderate resorts are the "outside" doors with no internal hallways, like at the deluxes. For us, we found it quieter because in the hallways at WL, things echo really bad when anyone talks. We heard NOTHING at POR, not even our other family members on both sides of us.

The ONLY downfall to the POR compared to the WL is that it was very easy to take the boat to MK. At POR, you need to take a bus to everywhere except DTD and that took 30 minutes.

I know- we loved the boat to MK! And that's great to hear about the exterior hallways- they did tend to echo at WL. My son is upset about not having the boat and the geyser and fireworks and electrical water pageant. But I do believe POR has different things he will like and we can always visit the lodge- just no way we can spend that again but we for sure want to stay onsite!

Love the review, we are considering a Royal Room too and love to hear others talk about them!

My husband and I are staying at POR in April. Im very glad to hear such good reviews! I can relax now lol

Headed to POR in October for a vacation with our daughter, son-in-law and four grandkids. It will be our first time staying on property. I am very happy to read all the wonderful reviews. My daughter is surprising the grandkids with the trip and we are surprising them by joining them once they arrive. Can't wait!

We are staying at POR for the first time in April, so I'm really glad to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. :goodvibes

I too am happy to hear the good reviews of POR.

Because we are a family of 5 there isn't much choice within a decent budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter