Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to contribute to another tedious discussion of tipping, but we forgot to tip our first morning. We got a towel animal. We tipped $5 for the five days after, and got one more towel animal. We definitely had different housekeepers every day. It really is luck.

Oh eeek! In less than 24 hours we will be checking in for our first visit to POR!

I have one thing to say... L U C K Y!:cheer2:

I hate to contribute to another tedious discussion of tipping, but we forgot to tip our first morning. We got a towel animal. We tipped $5 for the five days after, and got one more towel animal. We definitely had different housekeepers every day. It really is luck.

Oddly, we had the same mousekeeper for our whole week. I thought, doesn't she get a day off? I don't think that's customary.

I have one thing to say... L U C K Y!:cheer2:

Oddly, we had the same mousekeeper for our whole week. I thought, doesn't she get a day off? I don't think that's customary.

How do you know who your mousekeeper is?

How do you know who your mousekeeper is?

We saw her. She was on our floor. We said hello to her. My DD lost a tooth and had some blood on the pillowcase. She came back the next day and checked on her. She was very sweet.

We saw her. She was on our floor. We said hello to her. My DD lost a tooth and had some blood on the pillowcase. She came back the next day and checked on her. She was very sweet.

Wow, that was so nice! And what a special memory, to lose a tooth at DisneyWorld!

Room placement question...

How likely is it that 2 adults who booked a Standard View room will be placed in the AB section? I'm assuming since that is the only section that sleeps 5 they would be more inclined to give that area to larger parties?? :confused3

I am not one to put in room requests, I'm sure I would be happy with either section. I just really love the look of the Mansions, and I'm asking purely out of curiosity just to have a general idea :)

Andrea817 said:
Room placement question...

How likely is it that 2 adults who booked a Standard View room will be placed in the AB section? I'm assuming since that is the only section that sleeps 5 they would be more inclined to give that area to larger parties?? :confused3

I am not one to put in room requests, I'm sure I would be happy with either section. I just really love the look of the Mansions, and I'm asking purely out of curiosity just to have a general idea :)

Rare, especially if they are busy. I would still put in a request for mansions.

Disney Florist will be able to have access to the room once it shows up on the computer as available.

It is not like they have to go to the front desk, like if you use an off-site services Like Memories by Betsy. They all work for the same person and most likely have a master key card to get in all of the resort rooms.

Just like where I work, in facilities management, we have 24/7 access to all of our buildings to gain access by master key card.

Great, thanks. I feel better. This is going to be fun!

We were just there in May. We checked into our room and went to Epcot. When we got back the room had been decorated and a gift left (it was Mother's Day). My husband said that he just had to text Disney florist the room number. It was great!!:goodvibes

Awesome, this is what I want to achieve. TWICE! :yay: Once for our 30th anniversary :flower3: and a few days later her birthday. princess:

And thanks
webstah,
I couldn't quote your post for some reason. No alcohol needed so I will be good to go!

Just a forewarning, you might want to bring a sound machine. That's what we did and I am so glad we did! The AC unit in the room is really loud and if you're late sleepers you will definitely have kiddos running by your window, excited to start their day!

:rotfl2: I have to laugh at this. Our first trip to WDW, almost 6 years ago, we were delayed on flights into Orlando. We ended up FINALLY getting into our room around 1:30 am.

At 6 am, my husband whispered to me as I was peeking out of our window (Wilderness Lodge), "What are you doing?!?!"

I ran and jumped up and down on our bed and whispered back, "I'm so excited! We're in Disney World!" Yes, a nap later that afternoon was perfect. :lmao:

Hey all
We just payed off our balance!! pixiedust:Wohoo!:dance3:

Now that we have switched from a RR to a Garden view with a murphy bed to accommodate our nieces in the same room with us, which building shall I request?

Corner, close to food or pool, first floor, second floor, near a bus depot?

We have a toddler, a 9 and 10 yr old and 3 adults.

Thanks for the input.

Heading to POR for a quick 3 nighter Saturday. Currently volunteering in Costa Rica last two weeks.

Hey all
We just payed off our balance!! pixiedust:Wohoo!:dance3:

Now that we have switched from a RR to a Garden view with a murphy bed to accommodate our nieces in the same room with us, which building shall I request?

Corner, close to food or pool, first floor, second floor, near a bus depot?

We have a toddler, a 9 and 10 yr old and 3 adults.

Thanks for the input.

Buildings 16 and 17 are the closest to the main building without bring preferred. We requested a first floor ( because me kids are stompers and we didn't want to fight the stairs), corner ( two windows made the room seem bigger) in bldg 16 or 17. We got a first floor corner room in 17. Close to a quiet pool. Right in between 2 bus stops. We liked it. Some days it felt like we were walking forever, but not much of a difference between the two to make a big difference.

Buildings 16 and 17 are the closest to the main building without bring preferred. We requested a first floor ( because me kids are stompers and we didn't want to fight the stairs), corner ( two windows made the room seem bigger) in bldg 16 or 17. We got a first floor corner room in 17. Close to a quiet pool. Right in between 2 bus stops. We liked it. Some days it felt like we were walking forever, but not much of a difference between the two to make a big difference.
We too, had a garden room.

So I am checking in for the last time, before leaving tomorrow night for the big drive from DE.

I decided to take tomorrow off, to get some last minute things done at home - we also have a wicked storm coming today - and I might have to call a contractor in the morning for some repairs.

We should be arriving something around 10:00 am or so on Saturday. We are rotating two drivers all through the night - on nothing but adrenalin and the fact that after two years of planning - we are on our way.

I hope to bump into a few people - and I cannot wait to see Todd at the lounge. I am sure I will be ready for a glass of wine the first night.

Wishing everyone safe travels that is going to check-in this weekend! Hope to see you there.

Have a safe drive and a magical trip! pixiedust:

Is the POR using the magic bands at all? Or probably more accurately, when will they be implementing these?

Do you think it would be ok to check in online and still send a fax with request? I'm really hoping for some major pixie dust and will try and see if the can upgrade us to RR. I would do my online check in with what's on my Reservation right now and ask for the possible upgrade on the fax. Would that work?
Should I just skip online check in all together.

Do you think it would be ok to check in online and still send a fax with request? I'm really hoping for some major pixie dust and will try and see if the can upgrade us to RR. I would do my online check in with what's on my Reservation right now and ask for the possible upgrade on the fax. Would that work?
Should I just skip online check in all together.

I did both. I even sent my faxed request like 9-10 days out. It was the last day I had a fax machine available before vacation. The RRs don't hold 5 ppl, do they? Only upgrade I can see would be to a preferred building, while closer to main bldg, is farther away from quiet pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter