Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am mostly a lurker on the boards, but I had to shout out a Thank You to everyone posting information on POR. We Loved it!

We stayed at POR over Easter for 5 nights...It was amazing and beyond our expectations...I paid for a preferred room and requested building 14 and we got it...Upon check-in we were greeted before even reaching the door asking if we did online check-in (which I did)...The very kind lady was able to pull up my information from an ipad (or tablet)...She then told us to sit down at one of the couches in the Lobby while she got our packet...My husband who said he was going to miss OKW with being greeted "Welcome Home" was speechless when an older gentlemen opened the door for us and said "I have been waiting for you"....That made his vacation right then and he is not a Disney Junkie like myself :thumbsup2...

We were always able to find seats at the pool ...Location to food court and bus depot was perfect! Busses were prompt! I sware we barely ever waited. We also used the boat to DTD a few times...My youngest got her hair wrapped...Kids enjoyed the arcade. My husband had to drive to another resort but he and my son did another Fishing Excursion this year. So many positives to this resort! I am already putting dates together for next years Spring Break 2014 at POR!

There was life vest upon request to the lifeguards when I was there earlier this
Month.

Hi all! I just booked for August thru a travel agent. I have always booked directly thru Disney before so I'm wondering if I can still fax in a room request before we go? I did tell her to request first floor connecting rooms, but I'm wondering if I can put further requests in a fax closer to checkin or does everything have to come from my TA?
Thanks!

Sure. Details are in first post of the thread.

Andre

Thanks! Didn't want to step on my TA's toes! She got me a great rate for August but it was only good for standard rooms so I'd like to send in a request so we hopefully don't get stuck out in the boonies, lol! Glad to hear that I can!

I am promoting this hotel for our stay in August- but my kids are pushing for CBR! They don't think this one looks as interesting- but I think it's lovely. Any suggestions for what perks this resort has over CBR?

Do you think it is a mistake not to fax any requests if we booked a standard room? DH and I have been going back an forth. I want AB so we can have the Murphy bed and my two kids don't have to sleep together (DD 4 and DS 6) but he would prefer the mansions because of the look. We decided to just not put any requests and leave it to chance. We considered requesting "close to the main building" but then decided to just let it be. Now I am worried!!!! Any thoughts?

I am promoting this hotel for our stay in August- but my kids are pushing for CBR! They don't think this one looks as interesting- but I think it's lovely. Any suggestions for what perks this resort has over CBR?

My kids love taking the boat to downtown Disney from POR!

Do you think it is a mistake not to fax any requests if we booked a standard room? DH and I have been going back an forth. I want AB so we can have the Murphy bed and my two kids don't have to sleep together (DD 4 and DS 6) but he would prefer the mansions because of the look. We decided to just not put any requests and leave it to chance. We considered requesting "close to the main building" but then decided to just let it be. Now I am worried!!!! Any thoughts?

Honestly, if it was just my family going, I probably wouldn't put any requests in. It is a big resort, but it is so beautiful that we actually enjoy the walk to the pool, food court, etc. However, we travel with my parents and mom has a bad knee so I usually request connecting rooms on the first floor close to the main building to cut down on the amount of walking she has to do. If it weren't for that, I would leave it up to fate. You never know, you might like where Disney puts you better than what you would have picked out yourself! Now, if you have a specific reason for making a certain request, then by all means, go ahead!

Ok today is my 180 day mark and balanced is paid (thanks Mr Taxman) and ADR's are made. So is it too early to pack??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have been reading this forum for weeks! My family's first trip in 9 days. Soooo excited. As we are driving down from Ontario. Thanks for all of the helpful advice that everyone posts, really don't care how close or far from bus stops we are, just happy to be going! Quick question though, with a standard room are we more likely to be in the AB section? Kind of hoping for it, but kind of thinking we will be wherever we are supposed to be!

Ok today is my 180 day mark and balanced is paid (thanks Mr Taxman) and ADR's are made. So is it too early to pack??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Mr Taxman screwed up for us. We still have to wait at least 3 more weeks. We did use part of the refund to make our reservation though. DH keeps asking when were getting the rest since he wants to pay off the vacation so bad. We're so excite about it. We're already thinking about the bounce back offer even though we haven't even taken this trip, lol.

So excited for our first stay at POR. We have stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club before, as well as staying at POFQ in 2006, but we are really looking forward to Riverside! Only 69 more days until we are there! Any standard room recommendations for the Royal Rooms?

Ryan:)

Does Muddy Rivers (at the pool) serve food? and if so, what kind, is there a menu anywhere? The menu on the DIS just has drinks. If not, how far is the walk from the pool to the CS up front? I was planning an evening at the pool and just thought we would eat a light dinner while there. tia

Didn't see anything foodwise at Muddy River this past Wednesday & really didn't look like they were set up to accommodate making food. It's a quick walk over the bridge to the food court & we saw alot of people bringing food from there to the pool area. Great place to relax & unwind! :wave2:

Which would upset the vacation more? Your kids having to sleep in the same bed or your DH having to stay in AB? Also, will DD and DS fight over who gets to sleep in which bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter