• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a CM tell me that resorts make room assignments 2 days before check in and to call the front desk of the resort at that time to make room requests.

Another ill advising CM! They actually make room assignments and plan up to a week out. That way we can try to accommodate requests without backing ourselves into a corner. What I would do is fax my template in 7-10 days out and if you don't get a call or email back don't worry about it. But if you do get a notification yay! But if you absolutely need to try and reach the resort then PM me when it gets down to that time frame. But I would just send the fax.

I'll do that. Thank you.

1 CM told me alligator bayou is closest to the main building but from the map it looks like either side had buildings equally close. Would I be more likely to get close if I just say close to main building than if I get to specific by requesting AB by main building. My thought is them there focus would be AB and I could get at the far end if that area.
Thoughts??

My family will be staying at POR June 17th-21st and will be flying in to MCO. So my question is, our flight lands at 11:30am and I don't know what to do about lunch. We will have DD7 and DS4, who will have been up since about 5am to make our flight. Can we eat in the airport? Will we miss our ME ride to the resort? I'm not sure my little monsters will be able to wait to eat without a melt down.

Another ill advising CM! They actually make room assignments and plan up to a week out. That way we can try to accommodate requests without backing ourselves into a corner. What I would do is fax my template in 7-10 days out and if you don't get a call or email back don't worry about it. But if you do get a notification yay! But if you absolutely need to try and reach the resort then PM me when it gets down to that time frame. But I would just send the fax.

Wait so Venomhatch you suggest we fax our request 7-10 days out? I thought they were saying to fax it 3-5 days out?

tcleveland65 said:
My family will be staying at POR June 17th-21st and will be flying in to MCO. So my question is, our flight lands at 11:30am and I don't know what to do about lunch. We will have DD7 and DS4, who will have been up since about 5am to make our flight. Can we eat in the airport? Will we miss our ME ride to the resort? I'm not sure my little monsters will be able to wait to eat without a melt down.

You wouldn't miss your ME ride since they run them continuously. Go and eat! Way better than a meltdown on your first day!

Just keep trying, the Disney websites can be a little bit flaky at times. (Mostly on days when there's a "y" in the name of the day). Otherwise, just do it the old-fashioned way at the Front Desk when you arrive.

Andre

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Isn't that the truth! I agree, keep on trying or just wait until you arrive :)

The DME Bus for the trip TO your resort is not a scheduled bus. You can catch any bus that's leaving. If you take too long, your luggage may get there before you do tho ;)

However, the DME bus FROM the resort to the airport is scheduled (3 hours before your flight) and if you miss it, you are stuck getting to the airport on your own.

Wait so Venomhatch you suggest we fax our request 7-10 days out? I thought they were saying to fax it 3-5 days out?

Yeah I spoke with the Room Assignment Manager face to face a few times before the move from POR to SSR and he told me 7-10 days is fine.

Mouskemom said:
I was looking at room diagrams for the alligator bayou and it seems there is really no place to keep your clothes. Is there really no dresser? Just the e little drawers under the Murphy bed?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just a little tip that came in handy for me....

I brought a hanging sweater organizer and hung it on the "closet rod" in the sink area. I put all the folded clothes in that and used the small drawers for socks, undies, bathing suit etc. This worked great and they fold flat in the bottom of your luggage.

I brought a hanging sweater organizer and hung it on the "closet rod" in the sink area. I put all the folded clothes in that and used the small drawers for socks, undies, bathing suit etc. This worked great and they fold flat in the bottom of your luggage.

I need to remember to get one of these. It will also come in very handy for our cruise next year, I think.

Any suggestions of what rooms are better? Better view, better room? We are staying this May 2013 at Port Orleans for 4 days, just not sure what room to book. Any advice you an give me on the Port Orleans would be greatly appreciated.

Last month we were in room 1403 (garden view) which I thought was a great location. It was a short walk to the FC and parking lot. We had a car so being near the parking lot was a plus.

I've seen other posts about the a/c & ceiling fan. We used both to balance my liking it colder & my daughter wanting it warmer, and the temp in the room was fine day & night.

solana131 said:

Ooh...good idea!

The Orlando airport has a great food court. We always eat there before our flight home. And as PP said, you won't miss your bus.

The Orlando airport has a great food court. We always eat there before our flight home. And as PP said, you won't miss your bus.

Yeah no matter who you fly home on there is always some good choices. Even if a hotel bell CM has to borrow a car from the motorpool you'll get back to you hotel in time as long as you don't put yourself down to 30 minutes before you leave. I had to take someone from poly to POR about a week before my vacation because they had to be there in an hour and wait times for any transportation then wait for another to bring you back from say DTD or something. Your be over an hour depending on any stops there are between.

We are two couples staying at POR April 27 - May 3. We reserved preferred rooms at our travel agents suggestion. She also put upper floor and close together. We had originally booked garden view so we wouldn't be looking at a parking lot. When we fax our requests would it be better to do one fax for two couples? Can we add non parking lot view now? This is our very first visit to Disney....we are 50.....so this is a dream come true for us! I am getting so excited!

We are two couples staying at POR April 27 - May 3. We reserved preferred rooms at our travel agents suggestion. She also put upper floor and close together. We had originally booked garden view so we wouldn't be looking at a parking lot. When we fax our requests would it be better to do one fax for two couples? Can we add non parking lot view now? This is our very first visit to Disney....we are 50.....so this is a dream come true for us! I am getting so excited!

I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Yes it is nice to get your request but an room in Disney is better than no room at Disney so not fret too much and just take in the magic!

I need to remember to get one of these. It will also come in very handy for our cruise next year, I think.

I plan to get one of these for this trip also. I am also going to get a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. I think it will fit nicely in the sink area, maybe under the wall safe. I plan to do laundry at least once.

I plan to get one of these for this trip also. I am also going to get a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. I think it will fit nicely in the sink area, maybe under the wall safe. I plan to do laundry at least once.

We bring pop up hampers all the time and love them. They fold up and pack nice and they are great to take to the laundry if you have to do it while staying at the resorts. I may look into the hanging device the other poster spoke about, that might be nice to have since we are hoping to get a King in AB (already paid for King room).

Thanks everyone for the advice, good to know I can feed the kids without the worry of missing a bus.

Can't wait for our trip, my DH says I'm obsessed with planning our first trip to Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter