Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there connecting Royal rooms at Oak Manor? I've read the FAQ/info post and noted the layout pics w/ connecting doorways but it did not specifically tell me whether the Royal rooms had this option as well. I ask because our reservation states adjoining rooms and the CM did say something about no connecting Royal rooms.

Are there connecting Royal rooms at Oak Manor? I've read the FAQ/info post and noted the layout pics w/ connecting doorways but it did not specifically tell me whether the Royal rooms had this option as well. I ask because our reservation states adjoining rooms and the CM did say something about no connecting Royal rooms.

There are 100% connecting rooms, I forget the % but I thought someone here (probably andre or venom) said maybe 50% on property have the connecting doors. The phone CMs while nice seem to be clueless. It took more than 6 calls to get a room request that said connecting rooms. We would be told they put in adjoining which means the same, which it doesn't.

I gave up and made sure to send a fax room request. I got an immediate response that we were given our requests one of which was connecting rooms.

I would just fax your requests before your trip.

In the FAQs it says you can check in as early as you like. I have also read somewhere that you can check into your resort after 7 am.

We will be staying offsite the night before and need to make it to the MK for Crystal Palace ressies at 8 am. Will they let me check in earlier than 7 am? I need to to get my tickets and have access the Dining Plan so picking them up early won't work.

How much time should I leave to check in, drive to MK, and get to the park entrance? Nervous about making my reservations- I am thinking about cancelling them.

We will be staying offsite the night before and need to make it to the MK for Crystal Palace ressies at 8 am. Will they let me check in earlier than 7 am? I need to to get my tickets and have access the Dining Plan so picking them up early won't work.

How much time should I leave to check in, drive to MK, and get to the park entrance? Nervous about making my reservations- I am thinking about cancelling them.

You should be able to checkin and get your keycard from 6am I think, although your room most likely will not be ready then.

If you drive, you'll have to park at the TTC, get to the monorail station, get a monorail to the MK... so the resort buses might be quicker. By car, I'd say an hour should be sufficient though, so as long as you get away from POR by 7am you'll be fine.

Andre

I am so very disappointed in you guys..........................................................

For the first time EVER I had to go to page 2 of the Resorts section to find you!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I thought I read somewhere that Port Orleans French Quarter has a daily Mardi Gras parade. Do you kwow what time the parade is?

In the FAQs it says you can check in as early as you like. I have also read somewhere that you can check into your resort after 7 am.

I would try to be at POR at 6ish. They should have switched over to the next hotel day by then, and that gives you plenty of time to get to MK.

Have you considered just staying at POR the night you get in? It feels so weird to pay for a room you are literally only sleeping in, that is, until you wake up and don't have to get up at 5am to move hotels. I've done it both ways now, and the sleeping-in way feels better. :)

We arrived at POR after 1am in Feb, and while that wasn't all that fun (especially since the Bell guy that took our stuff to our room with us was LOUD and chatty and didn't seem to care that we were passing by peoples' rooms and they were trying to sleep), it was nice to wake up in the morning and not have to move.

Does anyone know any details of the mattresses in the AB rooms? We were in building 18 last week and I thought out mattresses were comfy. We need a new one at home and I think I recall them being Sealy from my bedbug inspection but I didn't look closely to see any other details.

Not sure if this is quite the right place to ask, but since we're staying here I figure I might as well. I'll be packing a suit for a dinner at V&A, but is there any place I can get it pressed (I think that's what it's called) if it gets overly wrinkled? I'm new to the whole suit thing, and didn't know if the resort or somewhere else on Disney would be able to help in this case. Thanks :)

Not sure if this is quite the right place to ask, but since we're staying here I figure I might as well. I'll be packing a suit for a dinner at V&A, but is there any place I can get it pressed (I think that's what it's called) if it gets overly wrinkled? I'm new to the whole suit thing, and didn't know if the resort or somewhere else on Disney would be able to help in this case. Thanks :)

There is laundry (and press only) service at POR. Please see the laundry section here for all the details as well as costs.

http://portorleans.org/services.php

Here now and OMG what did they do to the beds? They are the most uncomfortable things I've ever slept in

Here now and OMG what did they do to the beds? They are the most uncomfortable things I've ever slept in

we were in building 18, top floor room 1836 and both our beds were GREAT! This was last week.....weird.

I'm so excited now that I decided on Riverside! I called this morning and got 25% off on Garden View, so I was able to add an extra night and it was still less than what I had previously booked (which was POFQ).

I just finalized our flights, and we will be arriving at MCO at 9 a.m. I'm thinking that will put us at the resort around 11 ish? Any suggestions on what to do Day 1?

We are not planning to go to parks on either travel day, and at this point we will also have 1 free day in the middle of the week with no theme park tickets. (Staying a total of 8 nights). Any suggestions on non-park stuff to do when at POR welcome!! :cool1:

I'm so excited now that I decided on Riverside! I called this morning and got 25% off on Garden View, so I was able to add an extra night and it was still less than what I had previously booked (which was POFQ).

I just finalized our flights, and we will be arriving at MCO at 9 a.m. I'm thinking that will put us at the resort around 11 ish? Any suggestions on what to do Day 1?

We are not planning to go to parks on either travel day, and at this point we will also have 1 free day in the middle of the week with no theme park tickets. (Staying a total of 8 nights). Any suggestions on non-park stuff to do when at POR welcome!! :cool1:

Take the boat to Downtown Disney and spend time by the pool!

we were in building 18, top floor room 1836 and both our beds were GREAT! This was last week.....weird.

I must admit I found the new beds to be quite comfortable too. Perhaps a touch soft at the edges (sit on an edge and it sinks down a bit) but fine to sleep on.

Andre

Sleeping in, hanging out at the pool / Old Man Island, moving pools and hanging out at a quiet pool, renting a bike, renting a water sprite, taking the boat to Downtown Disney, gong on a photo safari to POFQ, watching a movie on the lawn at night, having a meal at Boatwrights, enjoying Yeeha Bob in the evening . . . Ah I feel more relaxed just thinking about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter