• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside - Never again......

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
.......will i stay anywhere else!!!;)

i truely loved POR- the resort was wonderful- the main pool was huge with slide and water spraying out- lots of chairs and a big kids pool- hot tub was sooo relaxing

i didn't see any garbage- the resort was spotless- each morn when we were getting up to leave there were painters touching up spots at the blds.

we were in AB 15 with parking lot view (lol) the room was great-
i faxed in request for AB 14, 15 or 18-it was roomy with double sinks, 2 dbl beds and trundle bed- i have stayed at the AKL and i thought these rooms were just as big- we were a 5 min walk from the food court and south (main) bus depot- 2 min from the quiet pool (spent a lot of time in quiet pool)

mouse keeping was faboulous- finally, i got towel animals every day- it was so exciting to come back to the room to see what the maid had done- she would have our toys hanging from the windows, little mounds on the bed with towel animals & kids toys the first day i left a note with our tip ($5.00 per day) to please leave some x-tra soap and shampoo- well, she left a bag of soap and a bag of shampoo- for the rest of our trip there was 1 daily bag with soap and shampoo!!- requested iron and extra pillows- had them in under 30 minutes- maid always left extra towels for pool

buses were prompt coming within 10 min on EE days- only problem was epcott on Mon which wasn't an EE day- we got to bus stop at 7:50 am and waited almost 50 min for bus:mad: - while we waited- 4 MK buses, 3 AK buses went by- i finally asked one of the drivers to call dispatch as this wait was unacceptable- this was the only day we had a problem with buses

ate at the food court many times- all stations open- food was delicious- especially the pizza- although some food court CM's had rather "stinky" attitudes for some reason or other- maybe they were hot or something but i did my best to ignore!!
lots of seating- get the re-fillable mugs- well worth the $10.99
also ate at boatwrights- breakfast reasonable- dinner rather expensive but big portions

kids loved the arcade- it was huge!!

i just loved the boat ride to DTD- very informative driver and a nice relaxing boat ride!!

i would rather stay at POR then AKL- i just loved the whole ambience- beautiful land scaping - the rooms were not old looking at all- beautiful drapes with the characters and shower curtain with characters!!- family agreed we will definetly stay at POR again!!

lisa

YAY!!! Thank you so much Bratray for the thumbs up on POR! We leave Tuesday and were getting a little nervous, but you put our minds at ease!!! Glad you had a great trip!! We can't wait!!:bounce:

bratray,

Thanks so much for your post. It was very informative and extremely reassuring.

We will be staying at POR in December via SOG. We were initially very unsure about staying at POR, but I am reading more and more good thing, which is helping to settle my nerves.

Again...thanks. You made my day, really!

Oh, when I read the title of this thread I think my heart sunk clear down to my stomach. We will be at POR in a couple days and I have been so worried whether we would like it or not. Thanks for the reassurance. I'm really excited to be there now.

now I am even more happy with our choice.

It is not often you get a really positive and informative review.

Thanks a lot,

Thank you so much for that post Bratray....I was worried when I saw the subject line! Now Im more excited than ever about our upcoming trip to Port Orleans! We leave 1 week from today-woo hoo!!!!!

Bratray... thanks for the review. DW and I stayed in POR Sept. 2003 and loved it. Stayed in AB14 which was awesome. Going this Dec. and have requested a Mansion to try them out. We loved this resort and I could never understand all the negative reviews.

Glad you had a great stay there.:p :p

We, too, loved POR. Last August was our 1st trip there. AB RM 1615. Right near quiet pool. 5 minutes from food court, main pool, bus stop. We loved the theming. Our boys even went fishing one morning at the pond! The food court was great. We even still have some of the free coloring pictures that were there!! Souvenirs!! The only reason we would not go back right away is there are still other resorts we haven't tried!! We would like to stay in every one before we repeat!! All in all, I would heartily recommend POR to anyone!! Thanks, Bratray!!:teeth:

Deb:earsgirl:

Thanks for the report!! We usually stay at POFQ but are trying POR this November. I was not looking forwrd to switching resorts as we love POFQ but feel better now after reading your post. Thanks again!!

Great report, Bratray!! I honestly LOVE Riverside..it is my favorite resort. I'm taking DH to AKL for the first time this September and then it's back to Riverside from here on out...I miss it!! ;)

Great trip report. We leave 3 weeks from today and as you can see below POR is our favorite...almost like our summer home away from home. There have been so many negative reports about this resort...(most probably justified ) but maybe a bit overblown. Sounds like maybe Disney heard from the "customers" and realized that certain parts of this resort were lacking. Did you have a chance to see Bob in the lounge ?
If so, did you have fun ?

You really fooled me! ;) I thought you were going to say you didn't like POR. :eek:

I am sooo glad you liked Dixies Landing, I mean POR. We have always had a great time there, and love the AB rooms too. We are trying AKL just because of the FTP, but will probably be back at POR next time.

hi king goofy

unfortunately there never seems to be enough time for everything- on my way to the arcade one eve i stopped as my daughter said some man was singing in the lounge- it seemed like everyone was having a blast- wish i could have joined them but we were to be up by 6:00 am to get ready for yet another EE!!

I really do love POR!!:p

Lisa

The title almost had us! lol

Glad you had a great time. DL/POR is our favorite Moderate resort!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

So glad you really liked it. It is our favorite moderate. We have been going since it opened as Dixie Landing. Everything you said is so true of this resort.

The only thing now is that we stayed at WL a few times and like that too. Stayed at AKL but it was just ok, POR f/k/a DL will always be our home resort.

Can't wait only three more weeks until we are there. Yippie.

Diane

I need to quit falling for these subject lines. You had me thinking there was a problem:eek: . We stayed at POR last year on an upgrade and it was wonderful. We had DS (4) and DD (2) with us at the time and it was a perfect family trip. I do remember thinking a few times that it also held romantic possibilities;) if we were so inclined to leave the kids off for some quality time with the grandparents.
We wanted to go again this year on a package deal, but I was a little concerned with the possible impact of the renovations. So, we decided to upgrade this time around...to WL! Wonder how that's going to work out.

:teeth:

You almost had me ! I love staying there ( it will always be DL to me ) We are staying at the WL this time , but I am starting to miss the DL already . Glad you had a GREAT time !!!

Wishing everyone a "tagged" day

Your subject line made me nervous, too - BUT I loved reading your report. Thanks for posting!

Bratray, I fell in love with Port Orleans - French Quarter last vacation. I am sure once I stay at Riverside, I will fall in love with that resort, too. I'm so glad you had a magical vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter