• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrewilley said:
Many thanks for the nice words, but the real praise here should definitely go to the management and staff at Port Orleans - and especially the aforementioned Mr Elg, who I know makes a real effort to try to see that special room requests are fulfilled if possible.

Andre

Mr. Elg is awesome. He really helped us out with room assignments last week. We were really happy with our location and the upgrade from regular standard to Royal garden view was beyond anything I imagined when I explained our weird situation to him. Made our trip extra special.

But I still have to say, many thanks to Andre because I would never have known how to contact anyone about it in the first place without this forum and his website.

We will be there in just over 5 weeks!!!! Cannot wait!!!

I've stayed at both POR and POFQ but this is my parents' first time. It's been fun introducing them and hearing their POV as people who last stayed at the Poly when the Poly and the Contemporary were the only options. (for instance, my aunt and grandfather want to visit one afternoon and my mother was frantically trying to figure out how they could come see us without a ticket. She truly thought you needed Disney tickets to even come to the resorts!)

Anyway, they are in a king and I'm presuming they will be in Magnolia as we are in a Royal Room and they are trying to keep us semi-close. Keeping that in mind, and that my dad is a non-Disney person (he hasn't stopped complaining since we brought it up last spring), what should we do to ensure a smooth and enjoyable time specifically for the two of them? Should I contact the resort earlier in the week to make sure everything is OK? I don't even know what to ask. I just don't want to get there and then have to spend a ton of time at check-in because something is screwed up.

OMG we check in on Saturday!!!!!! :cool1:

I'm sending my fax today as soon as I go back to work after my lunch! :banana:

Thanks for all those people posting pictures! It's making me even more excited! First stay onsite EVER and first time to WDW for me in 18 years and first time for my kids EVER to go on a vacation!!! :yay: I can NOT concentrate at work!

We are checking in on Saturday too! It is our family's 1st visit. We go camping all the time but have never been on vacation for a week in a hotel.
I can't wait either!

I'm sending my fax today as soon as I go back to work after my lunch! :banana:

Thanks for all those people posting pictures! It's making me even more excited! First stay onsite EVER and first time to WDW for me in 18 years and first time for my kids EVER to go on a vacation!!! :yay: I can NOT concentrate at work!

I know typically you can't but since they are both PO can guests at either resort pool hop with each other.

First stay onsite EVER and first time to WDW for me in 18 years and first time for my kids EVER to go on a vacation!!! :yay: I can NOT concentrate at work!

Same here! I haven't been to WDW in 20 years - my husband hasn't been there since he was a kid - and it's my boy's (11 & 7) 1st trip ever!!! pixiedust:

We check in on the 22nd.....oh boy.....27 more days!!!!

I'm addicted to the dis boards and to the Port Orleans site (Thanks Andre!) - I must check in several times a day - even to just look at the pictures!

Enjoy your vacation!!! :banana:

WOOHOO! So I sent my fax to Port Orleans today and received an email from Mr Elg within an HOUR!!! OMG! So he put me on the 2nd floor in Oak Manor in a corner room just as I requested! Here is the best most amazing part.... I requested that my parents were in the closest non-Royal Room building (since they didn't book one of those) so that we would be close. I just didn't want them to end up in Alligator Bayou since it's really far. He offered my parents a COMPLIMENTARY upgrade to a Royal Room so that he could place us in side by side rooms!!!! WOW!!!! Pixie dust already! :) :) :)

:dance3::cheer2::yay::cool1:

WOOHOO! So I sent my fax to Port Orleans today and received an email from Mr Elg within an HOUR!!! OMG! So he put me on the 2nd floor in Oak Manor in a corner room just as I requested! Here is the best most amazing part.... I requested that my parents were in the closest non-Royal Room building (since they didn't book one of those) so that we would be close. I just didn't want them to end up in Alligator Bayou since it's really far. He offered my parents a COMPLIMENTARY upgrade to a Royal Room so that he could place us in side by side rooms!!!! WOW!!!! Pixie dust already! :) :) :)

:dance3::cheer2::yay::cool1:

I hesitate to post this, because I know I will sound like Debbie Downer. But please, please, remember your room is not 100% your room until you are in it. Disney can and does pull preassigned rooms and gives them away. I've paid for certain room locations and not gotten them!

Hopefully you will keep the rooms you have been preassigned. But for your own good, don't become too attached! Don't make it so that if you show up and end up with a 3rd floor non corner room, you are heartbroken. It is not a good way to start a vacation, I can tell you.:(

I hesitate to post this, because I know I will sound like Debbie Downer. But please, please, remember your room is not 100% your room until you are in it. Disney can and does pull preassigned rooms and gives them away. I've paid for certain room locations and not gotten them!

Hopefully you will keep the rooms you have been preassigned. But for your own good, don't become too attached! Don't make it so that if you show up and end up with a 3rd floor non corner room, you are heartbroken. It is not a good way to start a vacation, I can tell you.:(

I can't see why Mr Elg, the room coordinator, would go out of his way to e-mail me that this is what he is doing and then it not happen. He said "I WILL place you in a 2nd floor corner room and your parents beside you." He didn't just say he would try to do it.

I can't see why Mr Elg, the room coordinator, would go out of his way to e-mail me that this is what he is doing and then it not happen. He said "I WILL place you in a 2nd floor corner room and your parents beside you." He didn't just say he would try to do it.

He will pre-assign you those rooms. And if all goes well you will get them. However, you are not guaranteed them until you are in them. If someone checks in before you, and demands the room type you have, they may shift you and put the complainer in them.

As I stated, I've been bumped from paid for room locations before. Your room is not your room until you have key in hand, and have walked into the room.

Odds are you will get them. But sometimes stuff happens. So please don't make the joy of your vacation hinge on getting them. Thats all I'm saying.

I have to agree, so much could happen between now and then. Please do not get your hopes up and please do not give others the impression it could always happen if they send a fax. You have received some inside info that does not occur at every resort or time of year. Just be happy to be there and let it go where it happens.

Most of the resorts do not accept faxes because it is tedious, since the computer can do it more efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter