Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....here's a question for everybody: how about online check-in? What are your thoughts. I have done it with our two on-site trips, but I really would like a room in a particular building next trip and I'm not sure if I will get it if I do online check-in.

I do believe online check-in helps with those of us that arrive early in the morning; as our room was ready both times (which was waaaay convenient!). However, although I did get a first floor room both times (as per our request), we were not as close to the main building as I would have liked.

What do you think?

Morning all!! :) I'm trying to complete my online check in. I'm at the section for Room Requests and when I click on Confirm or Add Special Requests a second box pops up with directions. I can't type anything in that box! Is it because I have a Mac or is it the site??

Hoping this is the right place to ask!

I am working on our packing list, since we leave in about two weeks :banana:

Quick question - do they provide any toiletries at the hotel? I'd rather not lug around shampoo, conditioner and body wash if I don't have to. If they provide these, are they decent quality?

Thanks!

Morning all!! :) I'm trying to complete my online check in. I'm at the section for Room Requests and when I click on Confirm or Add Special Requests a second box pops up with directions. I can't type anything in that box! Is it because I have a Mac or is it the site??

I've seen many other people reporting they couldn't add requests today. must be a glitch.

Hoping this is the right place to ask!

I am working on our packing list, since we leave in about two weeks :banana:

Quick question - do they provide any toiletries at the hotel? I'd rather not lug around shampoo, conditioner and body wash if I don't have to. If they provide these, are they decent quality?

Thanks!

Yes, and yes. H2O products, I think.

Thank you! I just started reading the threads back, and saw a few people asked the same question. Doh! Thanks for the answer anyway :)

That's ok. Sometimes all the info starts to blend together and I don't remember where I read stuff...so I TOTALLY understand. LOL :thumbsup2

I havent been able to add any requests either since yesterday. When I hit the "add req" space, a box appears prompting to check handicapped accesible room. Not what I want and no other choices. weird. I think I'll just wait and do the regular check in. We have three rooms and its important for us to be in the same building, so this way if there are any problems I can work them out with the front desk.

Cant WAIT to go home again!!:lovestruc

Just called and they told me I am unable to add any requests to my reservation since I booked it through a TA (which I suspected). So my new question is should I continue the online check in and fax my request a few days before we leave or just forgo the online check in and do in person check in and make my requests then? Which would give me a better chance of getting the building I would like? Thanks for your help!!!

DisneyMom5 said:
I've seen many other people reporting they couldn't add requests today. must be a glitch.

Yes, and yes. H2O products, I think.

Thanks!! Wonder if they are updating the system? The person I spoke with said requests are not allowed to be made online which I thought was strange.

Less than a week and we'll be enjoying this beautiful resort for the first time! We're all very excited, but I have a few last minute questions I know I can get answered on this thread!

We booked a standard preferred room, yet it says garden on our package documents. Should I make sure at check in that we didn't accidently pay for that option, or is garden just part of preferred? Also, are the preferred rooms on the first and second floors, or just first? Thanks so much to anyone who may know this stuff.

Online check in all done! Can't wait!

That doesn't make sense because standard, garden and preferred are three separate booking categories, and garden is actually a cheaper category than preferred.

Wow, I'm really glad I asked the question here. I just got off the phone with Disney and they made a mistake. When I added a day to our booking in April, it was mistakenly changed from preferred to standard. I still don't know how we ended up with garden on our documents. Now, here's the bad news.

They have no preferred availability during our stay. When I reminded her that we booked this and paid the preferred rate in Nov 2011, she just said "sorry, they may be able to help you when you check in". This feels unacceptable to me. Any advice on where to go from here?

OK....here's a question for everybody: how about online check-in? What are your thoughts. I have done it with our two on-site trips, but I really would like a room in a particular building next trip and I'm not sure if I will get it if I do online check-in.

I do believe online check-in helps with those of us that arrive early in the morning; as our room was ready both times (which was waaaay convenient!). However, although I did get a first floor room both times (as per our request), we were not as close to the main building as I would have liked.

What do you think?

Our last visit was March and I didn't do online check in and I'm grateful I didn't. I had requested a certain building and was assigned a room in a building that was not refurbed yet. I really wanted a refurbed building and by checking in when I arrived the CM was wonderful and worked to get me the building I wanted. This is the second time it has worked out this way so from my experience I would not do online check in. We also only had to wait about 45 minutes extra for the room to be ready. :thumbsup2

So my new question is should I continue the online check in and fax my request a few days before we leave or just forgo the online check in and do in person check in and make my requests then? Which would give me a better chance of getting the building I would like? Thanks for your help!!!

You should definitely fax your request a few days before you leave and as I told PP above I think checking in when you arrive is the better option. In my experience, the CM's try hard to make you happy when you are there with them. Of course, being very kind to them helps! :goodvibes

Wow, I'm really glad I asked the question here. I just got off the phone with Disney and they made a mistake. When I added a day to our booking in April, it was mistakenly changed from preferred to standard. I still don't know how we ended up with garden on our documents. Now, here's the bad news.

They have no preferred availability during our stay. When I reminded her that we booked this and paid the preferred rate in Nov 2011, she just said "sorry, they may be able to help you when you check in". This feels unacceptable to me. Any advice on where to go from here?

Maybe try calling the hotel directly and explaining what happened? They may be able to help you better than a CM in the call center. I changed my dates at one point and my reservation got changed from a royal room to a standard but I was lucky because the price she was quoting me was less than I thought it should be so I examined my reservation document and found the mistake and called straight back about it. I would have been UPSET if I hadn't found it so I can imagine how you feel. I say call...can't hurt :)

I have a question for you guys... Does anyone know if I can fit a toddler air bed in between the two queen beds in a royal room? I have an almost 2 year old who has been sleeping in a toddler bed already... And I don't think the pack n play will work?? I would love to know if it will and if there would be any room to walk around it.

Thank you!!!

We leave for our 1st trip to POR, and first for kiddos...in 15 DAYS

I MAY pixiedust:lol

I have a question for you guys... Does anyone know if I can fit a toddler air bed in between the two queen beds in a royal room? I have an almost 2 year old who has been sleeping in a toddler bed already... And I don't think the pack n play will work?? I would love to know if it will and if there would be any room to walk around it.

Thank you!!!

We leave for our 1st trip to POR, and first for kiddos...in 15 DAYS

I MAY pixiedust:lol

I'm here right now (storm break) and although we are in a regular mansion it's probably the same. I don't think between the beds would work -- but there is a good amount of space between the enterance door and the first bed in.

What do you think?
:
We just got here Monday. I wanted a mansion (but did not get royal) -- so I requested the other two on my reservation (80 or 85). When we arrived they were super nice! It was just about 11-11:30. The guy said "I see you have a request for 80 or 85 and they have given you 80. However, it is not ready yet -- but I will look to see if there are any available that meet your request. " and then he gave us Magnolia Ter which is a super great location. Close to food court/pools/bus everything for us.
I Did Not use the online check in and the lines looked the same in length at check in. Probably the online moves quicker, but honestly it did not take that long. He said it comes in waves. Then, when online wasn't busy they would take from the other line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter