Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first post in this thread has a great map. Also, try a google map or bing map satellite view or birds eye view to really get a good feel for the lay out of the resort.

We are HERE!!! the resort is beautiful....walked around a bit after dinner so quiet and peaceful!

In Bldg 4, room just steps away from the bus stop and all the action!

only waited about 10 minutes for on-line check in....got to our room, called bell services for our Garden Grocer order, delivered within 15 minutes...AC wasn't working, told bell service guy, he called maintenance, guy was here in 5 minutes and rebooted it! great customer service!!!

WE LOVE POFQ!!!

We are HERE!!! the resort is beautiful....walked around a bit after dinner so quiet and peaceful!

only waited about 10 minutes for on-line check in....got to our room, called bell services for our Garden Grocer order, delivered within 15 minutes...AC wasn't working, told bell service guy, he called maintenance, guy was here in 5 minutes and rebooted it! great customer service!!!

WE LOVE POFQ!!!

Great to hear, we'll be there in just over 1 week :cool1:

WE LOVE POFQ!!!

YAY!!!! :cheer2: So glad you like POFQ! We'll be there on Sunday, I'm SO excited! Have a fantastic time! :tink:

we will be staying at the POFQ for 6 nights in feb, first time at this resort. i have stayed at river side once before and i enjoyed that resort alot.

Counting down the days!!! We will be there in a month for our Honeymoon!!!

So excited!! :goodvibes First time staying at POFQ!!

You should end up in buildings 1,2, 5, 6, or 7. Have you tried looking at the maps over at www.portorleans.org? It shows the lay of the resort really well.

POFQ really is a great resort, hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks a TON for the good info! I had seen one map before, but didn't know if maybe some of the buildings that are farther back from the river might also be considered as riverview (even i maybe there was just a "sliver" of a view would cause it to be considered as one?). Can't wait to go, no matter where they stick us!

WE LOVE POFQ!!!

YAY!!! I am so glad you love it... Can't wait to see all the pics you are taking. :wizard: Have fun at HoB tonight! :)

D~

Got back Friday from 6 days at POFQ and I'm officially experiencing the post-vacay blues. I miss it all so much! :sad1:

Our stay was WONDERFUL. This was my 3rd time at POFQ but it's a while between trips for me (1992 & 2002). We got rooms on the first floor of Building 1, looking right at the courtyard fountain. Brought back some nice memories of our honeymoon as we had a corner, riverview room in Building 1 then. :love:

I've got absolutely no complaints. Housekeeping was great, resort staff was awesome, our room was comfortable (though am I the only one that feels like the new Queen-sized beds are awfully small??? They just seemed narrower than our Queen at home). Bus service was FAB-U-LOUS!!! Never waited more than 5 minutes our entire stay.

I'd love to try some new resorts just to experience the different theme-ing but I don't know whether I'll ever be able to stay somewhere else than POFQ. It just feels right for us & has everything we want (compact size, good bus service, reasonable rates).

Counting down until January 2015 now... :wizard:

Got back Friday from 6 days at POFQ and I'm officially experiencing the post-vacay blues. I miss it all so much! :sad1:

Our stay was WONDERFUL. This was my 3rd time at POFQ but it's a while between trips for me (1992 & 2002). We got rooms on the first floor of Building 1, looking right at the courtyard fountain. Brought back some nice memories of our honeymoon as we had a corner, riverview room in Building 1 then. :love:

I've got absolutely no complaints. Housekeeping was great, resort staff was awesome, our room was comfortable (though am I the only one that feels like the new Queen-sized beds are awfully small??? They just seemed narrower than our Queen at home). Bus service was FAB-U-LOUS!!! Never waited more than 5 minutes our entire stay.

I'd love to try some new resorts just to experience the different theme-ing but I don't know whether I'll ever be able to stay somewhere else than POFQ. It just feels right for us & has everything we want (compact size, good bus service, reasonable rates).

So glad you enjoyed it. I will be there in 7 days for my second time..:yay:

Two more days and I get to make my dining reservations which means 180 days til I see POFQ again. (However, if our dog doesn't die by then -- she's already lived past her life expectancy -- we will be postponing our trip as she has become hard for our next door neighbor to care for. We have a room-only reservation, so I have up until a week before to reschedule our trip without penalty. Also hoping for room-only code to come out.)

Welcome Back

Glad you enjoyed POFQ. We have our 4th stay coming up in 32 days and feel the same way when we think about trying another Moderate. POFQ does feel just right :goodvibes

Last year we did the carriage ride at POR that took us over to the FQ and I immediately fell in love! :love: At that moment DH and I decided that our next trip would be to the FQ.

My only hesitation is the pool. We've stayed at POR and CBR which both had great pools that my DS 10 loved. For those who have stayed at the other mods, were your kiddies happy with the FQ pool? We use the pool almost every day for a mid afternoon break and I'm worried that he will be bored with it.

We went on a carriage ride with mommy2mrb, her daughter, and my youngest son last night and it was wonderful!! I'm sure we'll both be commenting more about it when we get to it in our TRs. I'm so glad she booked it after we read about it here and on Andre's site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter