Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be staying at POR FQ for the first time in 11 days! i'm pretty excited. we always stayed at all stars or pop. but since my bf is taking me this time he wanted to do something a little more special. I've been looking at pictures online and the resort looks BEAUTIFUL. I can not wait

I will be staying at POR FQ for the first time in 11 days! i'm pretty excited. we always stayed at all stars or pop. but since my bf is taking me this time he wanted to do something a little more special. I've been looking at pictures online and the resort looks BEAUTIFUL. I can not wait

You won't be disappointed, it's even better in person. Have a great trip, we'll be arriving in only 19 days!

We were able to get on the bus at 7:15 AM for HS for a rope drop at 8AM. We were there in plenty of time for rope drop and were at the front.

Thanks for posting this info... I wasn't the original person asking the question, but I was watching to see the answer. This is good to know. :thumbsup2

D~

Congrats on the upgrade to a water view corner room.

We asked for building 4 or 5 and away from the smoling areas.
We will see what we get. We have a standard room - since we keep our curtians closed most of the time.

Packages - I would not pur the reservation # on it - you do not want someone able to look it up.

Just do the POFQ address, your name (the name or names of the person the room is registered in), and your arrival date.
Guest Services can find your reservation number by arrival date and name of room registation.

I would also make sure the return address is your home address - which should match the address on your reservation.

11 days for us too! Can't wait! First visit in over 22 years for me. First visit for my 4 & 8 year old boys. First time staying on site. I am more excited than anyone else in my family & I am not even a huge Disney fan. I think it is because of the kids - I can't wait to see it through their eyes!

I just did online check in!! I just did online check in!! I just did online check in!! Now if I can just keep the flying thing a secret for 10 more days... our kids think we are driving. This is our first stay at FQ & I'm so glad I found this thread- you guys are awesome :thumbsup2

Leaving tomorrow..........woo hoo!!!!:banana: Arriving Friday at Pop for 2 nights and then checking in to FQ for 6 nights and no kids!! :woohoo: The last time DH and I were there by ourselves was our honeymoon 21 years ago. Time for us to be kids again! :goodvibes

I just did online check in!! I just did online check in!! I just did online check in!! Now if I can just keep the flying thing a secret for 10 more days... our kids think we are driving. This is our first stay at FQ & I'm so glad I found this thread- you guys are awesome :thumbsup2

I just did online check in, too! It's our first stay here, also! Can't wait!

We stayed at the POFQ in mid-August. I'd love to do a trip report, but that is certainly not going to happen, so thought I'd give my review here, in brief. I loved loved loved POFQ. Having stayed at all of the other mods (except POR), Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, and the Dolphin, POFQ would be my first choice in the future. The grounds are beautiful, and we loved the small size of the resort. We were in building 5, on the courtyard side, which was so close to everything, but still very quiet. I really don't think there is a bad location, though. The CMs were so friendly and wonderful. The boat transport to DTD was really convenient. We had several breakfasts and a couple of dinners at the Sassagoula FW, and everything was very good. We particularly enjoyed the pot roast, fried chicken, and the shrimp po' boy. I can't speak to bus transport, as we had a car.

The only negative thing I can say, which really won't be a negative for everyone, is the pool. My kids are 13 and 14 and found it kind of lame. The slide is very cool-looking, though short, and for younger kids I think the pool is great. We didn't have a chance to get to POR to check out those pools and amenities, which they may have liked better.
We'll definitely return, hopefully for a longer stay, and have an opportunity to enjoy the resort more.
Thanks to those on this thread who helped me in planning a very enjoyable trip!

going in 248 days. we love the POFQ.

gusgus76 :yay:

1977 CR
1978 (one day trip)
1979 Off grounds Holiday Inn
1982 CR
1984 Treehouses
1986 Campers FWR
1989 CBR
2010 POFQ one night, AKL Jambo House 6 nights

If we wanted to use the boat back to the hotel, after cirque.... is this easy to do ? and how long does it take....

Where do we get the boat from also, please:)

If we wanted to use the boat back to the hotel, after cirque.... is this easy to do ? and how long does it take....

You catch the boat at the dock right beside Rain Forest Cafe. The boat ride takes maybe 15 minutes or so. It is a nice relaxing ride.

We are going to POFQ from the 23rd-27th in October and I cannot wait! We have stayed at all the other mods except this one. We will be buying DVC next year, so this will probably be our only trip, but I am excited!

Depending on when the show finishes (the last boat leaves at 11pm) you'll have to make your way all the way around to the opposite end of Downtown Disney (near Rainforest Cafe) to get the boat to Port Orleans. You can use one of the internal DTD water taxis which go from near Cirque to the Rainforest Cafe dock though, unless you want to walk & shop of course. If you do miss the last boat it's not too serious, as the DTD bus stop is just nearby and the carry on running for several more hours.

What time does Jackson Square Gifts and Desires open in the morning?

8am

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter