• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR vs POFQ

You can take the bus or boat to POR from POFQ and back. We have stayed at both. We Prefer POFQ because my family want beignets a few times a day. Food court has less at POFQ but has real plates and utensils. Either one is nice.

We love POR! We have never experience a problem with the bus, but I guess that can vary. We have eaten both the counter service and table service there and they are so-so, IMO. We like the boat to Disney Springs - just a nice change from the bus.

You can take the bus or boat to POR from POFQ and back. We have stayed at both. We Prefer POFQ because my family want beignets a few times a day. Food court has less at POFQ but has real plates and utensils. Either one is nice.

That is never a guarantee. The bus is only for when they are sharing (which we found not often) and that working even hinges on where you are since it may have already gone to the one you are heading. We have also been on the boat where it does not stop at POFQ on the way to POR, so it wasn't an option for FQ guests to use it to go to POR. If one is planning to stay at FQ and utilize POR, walking is the most common method of getting back and forth.

We liked both. But POR is quite a large resort and I remember staying there once with one of my senior family members and she momentarily got a bit "lost" on one of the winding paths. She joked that "using breadcrumbs like Hansel and Gretel" would probably have helped. :blush: There is good signage, but we had stayed at the resort quite a few times and were pretty oriented to the layout; it was all new to her. Her minor dilemma (she laughed it off as a "senior moment") just stays in my memory as a mini caveat and I certainly wouldn't cross the resort off my list because of it.....it's really very lovely and thoughtfully themed and I definitely recommend it. POFQ is charming in its own right and the "street" signs (Rue Da Bagga) are a hoot. It is a cinch to navigate. I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. Their popularity is well-earned.

That is never a guarantee. The bus is only for when they are sharing (which we found not often) and that working even hinges on where you are since it may have already gone to the one you are heading. We have also been on the boat where it does not stop at POFQ on the way to POR, so it wasn't an option for FQ guests to use it to go to POR. If one is planning to stay at FQ and utilize POR, walking is the most common method of getting back and forth.

There is a bus that shuttles guests back and forth between POFQ and POR.

There is a bus that shuttles guests back and forth between POFQ and POR.

Good to know. This was not an option my last stay.

But it wouldn't change my mind because why stay one place and have to travel another for the amenities I want.

We have always used the inter- resort shuttle. no problem. We have taken the boat from POR to POFQ.

We have always used the inter- resort shuttle. no problem. We have taken the boat from POR to POFQ.

When I stayed there was no shuttle. One time we had an issue and they had a golf cart take us, but that was pixie dust.

And I stated the boat issue is FQ to POR. But again, if I'm using the amenities at POR, have to add additional travel time, why would I pay the same or more to stay at FQ?

When I stayed there was no shuttle. One time we had an issue and they had a golf cart take us, but that was pixie dust.

And I stated the boat issue is FQ to POR. But again, if I'm using the amenities at POR, have to add additional travel time, why would I pay the same or more to stay at FQ?

To be clear...you can use the boat between FQ and POR until 5pm. The shuttle bus runs all day.

I have no interest in ever staying at POR. I hate the theme. I really like POFQ, in spite of a lack in table service restaurant, which seems to be the main difference for some people. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking, if you already liked POR...

We stayed at POR for the first time last week, and loved it. Loved the quiet pools (we didn't go to the main pool ones), loved the space in the food court, loved the theming and grounds. One evening we walked along the water to POR to see the resort and get beignets. Just by that one interaction, I know that I would not want to stay there. I felt that the buildings were all really close together, and the food court felt cramped to me even at 7:30pm. While I know that the compact size is a big bonus for some, it wouldn't be a good fit for my family.

I've stayed at all the moderates except POFQ and just can't make myself stay there. It's silly but I don't like the look of the buildings, they just look motel like to me where POR has a more resort look. If it's still there (I haven't been there in a while) the harlequin in front of the pool sorts of puts me off, which is odd since I collect harlequins and masks from Italy at Epcot. I'm also one of the few that don't think any of the moderates are too big and spread out, the walk from the farthest building at any of them just doesn't bother me (and I'm a 60 year old woman)
I'm the same way. The buildings at POFQ do absolutely nothing for me. I've often said that it looks like the Mardi Gras section of Dollar Tree threw up all over a generic motel. The decorations are cheesy at best and creepy at times. POR, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I've yet to stay in Alligator Bayou, but it certainly looks lush. Magnolia Bend is absolutely beautiful with it's large mansions. I love eating in the food quart, as well. I think it is my favorite of the hotel food quarts I have experienced. I enjoy being in there when they break out into song! It's also great fun to see YeeHa Bob perform. I know people say that they prefer the small size of French Quarter, but I enjoy knowing my room is ever far from a bus stop and I hardly think POR is all that huge. It's a lovely walk to the pool or food quart.

We were just at POFQ in April. We felt that the dining area had really been toned down. all of the MArdi Gardi stuff had been taken down.

There was an internal resort bus (POFQ to POR and POR to POFQ) multiple times a day, every day the week we were there.

We liked both. But POR is quite a large resort and I remember staying there once with one of my senior family members and she momentarily got a bit "lost" on one of the winding paths. She joked that "using breadcrumbs like Hansel and Gretel" would probably have helped. :blush: There is good signage, but we had stayed at the resort quite a few times and were pretty oriented to the layout; it was all new to her. Her minor dilemma (she laughed it off as a "senior moment") just stays in my memory as a mini caveat and I certainly wouldn't cross the resort off my list because of it.....it's really very lovely and thoughtfully themed and I definitely recommend it. POFQ is charming in its own right and the "street" signs (Rue Da Bagga) are a hoot. It is a cinch to navigate. I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. Their popularity is well-earned.
I've stayed at POR multiple times (4) and I still get lost on the winding paths since the resort is so huge.

I'm the same way. The buildings at POFQ do absolutely nothing for me. I've often said that it looks like the Mardi Gras section of Dollar Tree threw up all over a generic motel. The decorations are cheesy at best and creepy at times. POR, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I've yet to stay in Alligator Bayou, but it certainly looks lush. Magnolia Bend is absolutely beautiful with it's large mansions. I love eating in the food quart, as well. I think it is my favorite of the hotel food quarts I have experienced. I enjoy being in there when they break out into song! It's also great fun to see YeeHa Bob perform. I know people say that they prefer the small size of French Quarter, but I enjoy knowing my room is ever far from a bus stop and I hardly think POR is all that huge. It's a lovely walk to the pool or food quart.
The Dining Hall at POFQ has been totally re-done and is no longer creepy. When was the last time you were there?

There was an internal resort bus (POFQ to POR and POR to POFQ) multiple times a day, every day the week we were there.

I'm glad they did that. It still won't change my mind about resort ... it shouldn't cost the same or more when it offers less and I have to shuttle.

But it's great for lots content with it! Just want those who don't know as I would be disappointed to book and find out on arrival those extras are not there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter