• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR requests

MyThreeKids123

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling to the world in just a few days, and stay at POR. We are staying in a standard room. Are there any kind of request suggestions that someone can make for us? I know would prefer to be on the upper floor. Is it possible to request one of the newly redone rooms? Does anywhere ever NOT make requests, and just enjoy what they are given....I am thinking of doing this.
Thanks for reading :)
Karen

My friend and I did the just-enjoy-what's-given--neither of us had stayed there before, and we didn't have terribly strong feelings for one section of the resort over another based on pictures and reviews. We ended up in Alligator Bayou building 35. It was a little bit of a hike to the main building, but the only drawback to that was that we didn't use our refillable mugs as much as we otherwise might have. Not a big deal, and if I hadn't had blisters the size of Rhode Island on each foot (ouch!) the walk wouldn't have been much of an issue at all. We quickly found the upside to that location--peaceful, felt like you were really getting away from it all, quiet pool right outside our door, laundry room a few steps away, two minutes from door to bus stop. We were on the first floor but noise wasn't a factor.

We're going again in February and though we loved the location before, we're leaving it up to fate (and Disney :)) to pick our location again. The whole place is beautiful. If you have or can make time, be sure to explore the resort and walk over to other sections of it, maybe stroll or take the boat to French Quarter too. I'm really amazed and impressed by how much thought and detail Disney puts into their properties.

Have a fantastic trip!

I'm sorry , i really haven't heard the place before ,can you tell me where it is?

We stayed for one night last year after a cruise and I didn't make any requests. We were on the third floor in Magnolia Terrace with a room facing the courtyard. It was really nice, and we had paid for standard. We also checked in and got into our room around 10am, and this was in early May. We may have just gotten lucky, so I didn't take chances this year and made some requests. If you really don't have preferences, then it makes it easier on you - you can do online check-in with no problem and take the first available room so you don't have to wait for it all day. You also won't be disappointed :thumbsup2

Less than 10 days until my trip!! Staying at POR, and didn't make any requests (except for the king bed, which was an upcharge). This is my first time ever staying at a Disney resort. All our other trips were with my parents in their camper at Fort Wilderness.

I simply don't know enough about the property to make a request. From the pictures, my wife likes the mansions, and I lean towards the Bayou section. Leaving it up to chance on the location will probably be best! lol.

We have stayed at POR 5 times and I made request every time and got the request. You won't get what you want if you don't ask. I always called in and the castmember will put notes on your reservation. Disney has always been great about doing what they can to make your stay the best it can be.:thumbsup2

We requested a renovated building (Magnolia Terrace) about two weeks ago and got it. We also requested a room in the front so we wouldn't face the parking lot. We got a nice courtyard corner room on the ground floor which was right near the bridge to the lobby. Great room. The renovated rooms are nice. I will try to post pictures.
80n8kF
[/IMG]
hCX24T
[/IMG]

It depends on how many are in your room, if there are 5, you will be in the AB section, and note, the AP buildings are 2 floors, with no elevators.
You can make a request to be near the main buildings. Or book a preferred room which will guarantee that you'll be close to main buildings.

We stay in the mansion section. I love either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter