Por fans....

How many people are in your family?

Just curious. During our last stay, it seemed that everyone we met had three kids! Of course this is probably untrue, but thought I'd ask here to see if most Por fans are families of five

You do see a lot of families of five at POR since its the cheapest onsite option for families of five.

Half the resort cannot accomodate families of five (the mansion buildings are four max occupancy) so its not like plenty of smaller families don't stay there too.

But I have noticed during our stays, you do see a lot of families with three kids which is no small wonder since the price diff between POR and the deluxe's that accomodate five is huge!

All that said, POR is this family of four's favorite resort!

You do see a lot of families of five at POR since its the cheapest onsite option for families of five.

Half the resort cannot accomodate families of five (the mansion buildings are four max occupancy) so its not like plenty of smaller families don't stay there too.

But I have noticed during our stays, you do see a lot of families with three kids which is no small wonder since the price diff between POR and the deluxe's that accomodate five is huge!

All that said, POR is this family of four's favorite resort!

We're a family of 4. I agree that you do see a lot of families of 5 since that is the least expensive place for a family of 5 to stay on WDW property.

We prefer Alligator Bayou theme-wise and were put in Magnolia Bend twice because on those trips we were told that all AB rooms were booked with families of 5. I wish that another moderate (perhaps CBR, as the square footage of those rooms is a little larger) could be upgraded to sleep families of 5.

We're a family of 4. I agree that you do see a lot of families of 5 since that is the least expensive place for a family of 5 to stay on WDW property.

We prefer Alligator Bayou theme-wise and were put in Magnolia Bend twice because on those trips we were told that all AB rooms were booked with families of 5. I wish that another moderate (perhaps CBR, as the square footage of those rooms is a little larger) could be upgraded to sleep families of 5.

You and me both! We would love to try Cbr or csr!!!!

Family of 4. Love POR. Probably because it as my first Disney resort as a kid--in a family if 5!

family of 3

Will be our first time in POR in October.. for 12 days 11 nights.:banana::banana:

We upgraded DS to an adult for our free dining trip.

Family of 5

This will be our first stay at POR and to be honest we put it off as long as we could because we wanted to do the other options that are limited to 4. We squeezed in one last "one room" trip at CSR just days before my youngest turned 3 and last trip we brought my parents along to justify the cost of two rooms at CBR.

I will admit I always assumed I would feel like we're "stuck" with POR as the only affordable option for 5. Now that the trip is getting closer I am excited to try it out. Hopefully we like it. If not, our trips will have to become more infrequent to save up for the extra cost or we may go offsite (which DH is strongly against)

Family of 5

This will be our first stay at POR and to be honest we put it off as long as we could because we wanted to do the other options that are limited to 4. We squeezed in one last "one room" trip at CSR just days before my youngest turned 3 and last trip we brought my parents along to justify the cost of two rooms at CBR.

I will admit I always assumed I would feel like we're "stuck" with POR as the only affordable option for 5. Now that the trip is getting closer I am excited to try it out. Hopefully we like it. If not, our trips will have to become more infrequent to save up for the extra cost or we may go offsite (which DH is strongly against)

You did things a lot smarter than we did. We stayed at Sports our first trip as a family of four. Money was tight. We had a fabulous trip though. Our second trip we stayed at POP. This time my baby was 2 and we felt that we wanted to squeeze in one more value trip before we were forced to move to a mod for money sake. I wish we chose another mod for this trip just because now we "can't".

We stayed at POR last trip and we liked it. The kids HATED the trundle bed and they fought over who would sleep in it. Now that they have the murphy beds, they are all excited to try it out. However, now they took out some storage in the rooms and we are afraid it is going to be very tight! It may just force us to go deluxe as well.

We are a family of 5 when my stepson joins us for the trip (his first trip with us will be in March) and for our first trip with all 5 we are considering POR or ASMu suite. He won't come on every trip with us (probably one per year) so I hope to slowly explore the options available for 5 people!!

We are a family of 5, And we loved it! :cheer2: I am going back in September with a friend and my youngest son and we are staying there again. It is such a nice resort.

However, now they took out some storage in the rooms and we are afraid it is going to be very tight!

To help with the storage issue I plan on bringing one of those fabric shelving units that you can hang in the closet. I've read here on the boards that it works out really well.

To help with the storage issue I plan on bringing one of those fabric shelving units that you can hang in the closet. I've read here on the boards that it works out really well.

I did the shoe organizer over the door when I took 3 girlfriends from work. That and a surge protector for all of our chargers was the best investment I ever made.

We're staying at POR in December and we don't have any kids. :) Just 2 adults. We'll be booking a king bed room.

Our first family trip in 2008 we were a family of 5 but were able to stay at AKL because then youngest DD was just under 2. I'm glad we did it. Now money is tighter and for our trip at the end of August we will be a family of 6 as we now have DS who is just under 2!

I know it will be tight but after all the research I did it was the least expensive option...even off site. We are still excited to go and try POR! We live in a tiny house with one bathroom so this won't be a challenge! My kids can't wait for the water slide!

We're staying at POR in December and we don't have any kids. :) Just 2 adults. We'll be booking a king bed room.

I often travel solo and book riverview (used to be waterview and riverview) and would always ask for a view of the river.

Twice I have been in king bed rooms and both have been right on the river. It is a wonderful way to spend the evening by pulling my chair out and watching the water taxi go by for its last run of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter