POR - Building Request

sicembears

Earning My Ears
We are heading to POR next week, and have a River View room booked. When looking at the buildings on the map, it shows that AB buildings 14,15,18 & 27 are all 'Preferred'. Does that mean that ALL of the rooms, even the ones that are 'River View' are considered preferred? If I were to fax in a request for a RiverView room in those locations, does that require an upgrade?

"
  • Preferred Location (located in Riverside’s Alligator Bayou section ONLY): These rooms offer close proximity to the restaurants, transportation and main buildings at Riverside. Preferred rooms are ONLY located in Alligator Bayou lodges 14, 15, 18 and 27 — there are no preferred locations in the mansion buildings or at French Quarter. Views vary and can include parking lot or bayou/stream/garden outlooks — but not pool/river views. 2016 prices vary seasonally from $232 to $332."

This is from portorleans.org. Unofficial but really handy. :)

There's no preferred river view room category to book so I would say that you can request those buildings.

Have a great time and let us know how your trip went when you return.

You can request a room in one of those buildings, but being that they are preferred rooms, its possible they are booked up since it's a bookable category. At POR specifically, a lot of people will book a preferred room just to be guaranteed a room in AB whether because they prefer the theme or they want the murphy bed. Mansion rooms don't have a murphy bed.

Rule of thumb is to book the room category most important to you, and request anything else. If river view is most important to you, book that and then request preferred. If King is most important to you, book that and then request water view (for example).

Frankly, I think the best river view rooms are in the mansions. Some of the rooms are rather close to the river, just on the other side of the walking path from it.

We are heading to POR next week, and have a River View room booked. When looking at the buildings on the map, it shows that AB buildings 14,15,18 & 27 are all 'Preferred'. Does that mean that ALL of the rooms, even the ones that are 'River View' are considered preferred? If I were to fax in a request for a RiverView room in those locations, does that require an upgrade?

Yes, all the rooms in these buildings are preferred location rooms. It is a separate booking category. River view rooms will be anywhere else in the resort that has a view of the river (except Royal rooms). It would likely being either Building 38 in AB or in one of the mansions named Magnolia Terrace or Acadia House.

Personally, I find the preferred location to be a good choice for spending a few extra $$$. These buildings are definitely worth the extra for the convenience.

Requesting one of these buildings is a waste of a request, IMO, because it is an upgraded bookable category. I would request Magnolia Terrace, close to the bridge to the pool, perhaps, as a fairly good option.

Yes, all the rooms in these buildings are preferred location rooms. It is a separate booking category. River view rooms will be anywhere else in the resort that has a view of the river (except Royal rooms). It would likely being either Building 38 in AB or in one of the mansions named Magnolia Terrace or Acadia House.

Personally, I find the preferred location to be a good choice for spending a few extra $$$. These buildings are definitely worth the extra for the convenience.

Requesting one of these buildings is a waste of a request, IMO, because it is an upgraded bookable category. I would request Magnolia Terrace, close to the bridge to the pool, perhaps, as a fairly good option.

No, this is not correct information. The preferred rooms in Alligator Bayou have either standard or garden views. The river and pool view rooms in the preferred lodges are included in those categories, so you can request a river view room in the preferred lodges - which would be either lodge 14 or lodge 27

• Preferred Location (located in Riverside’s Alligator Bayou section ONLY): These rooms offer close proximity to the restaurants, transportation and main buildings at Riverside. Preferred rooms are ONLY located in Alligator Bayou lodges 14, 15, 18 and 27 — there are no preferred locations in the mansion buildings or at French Quarter. Views vary and can include parking lot or bayou/stream/garden outlooks — but not pool/river views. 2016 prices vary seasonally from $232 to $332.

I asked this question before and Andre (the guy who runs the Port Orleans website) said that with a river view you can be placed in buildings 14 or 27

Just got back from POR. My reservation was for a river view and then I requested a river view room in building 27. We got exactly that. The walk to the main building and old man island was pretty short and we eventually figured out a short route to the parking lot and laundry/quiet pool.

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood. Good information to know!!! Thank you.

Just got back from POR. My reservation was for a river view and then I requested a river view room in building 27. We got exactly that. The walk to the main building and old man island was pretty short and we eventually figured out a short route to the parking lot and laundry/quiet pool.
We were there in building 27 river view same time you were....Building 27 and 14 were close to main bldg and offer pretty river views. The mansion buildings are probably about the same distance if you stay close to the main footbridge, I would't want to be at the back of this resort!

We took the short cut to the main South bus depot and there's nothing in bridging 14 or 18, that wouldn't be pretty - even the parking lot views are so landscaped it's really beautiful!

I'd have to say I agree the parking lots aren't horrible looking but we still avoid a standard rooms so I don't have to hear the cars and see them. I'd rather look at a quiet pool when I leave the room than someone's Chevy.

What building would you suggest we request with a pool view room booked, would prefer to be close to the main building.

What building would you suggest we request with a pool view room booked, would prefer to be close to the main building.
That would be the pool view rooms in Alligator Bayou Lodge 18.

We have a "preferred room" and it appears that most "preferred" rooms are in Alligator Bayou.... The mansions look really pretty... is there a reason that the Alligator Bayou rooms are considered "preferred"???

We have a "preferred room" and it appears that most "preferred" rooms are in Alligator Bayou.... The mansions look really pretty... is there a reason that the Alligator Bayou rooms are considered "preferred"???

Actually, ALL the preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou. In Disney Resort Speak, preferred means closest to the Food Court, Main Pool, Gift Shop, etc. If you look at the map below, you will see that the preferred rooms, marked in Blue, are the closest to the food court.

http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter