Pop-up rental

Sheepdog23

Mouseketeer
I know it is a long shot because I cannot seem to find anything in the internet, but you are all amazing with your camping knowledge and may have an answer. Is there a company still renting pop-ups(or anything else fitting on partial)? I booked a site in Nov for next new year for 2.5 weeks thinking we would bring our tent as usual and love it. But I just found out that I am pregnant so the idea of 3 kids (12, 10, 6 and 12 has autism) plus baby for 2.5 weeks in a tent is losing its appeal even though we have camped with a baby several times before. Plus we are traveling from Europe and I only thought the extra bags (2 or so) would be camping gear which our bigger kids would be able to help with . Now we have baby stuff and baby too! i was starting to wish my parents' pop-up hadn't died on the last fort trip and that the huge monster they replaced it with would fit on the same site. I have been looking but I cannot find anything including a larger site for the same period. We are dvc members as well, but we enjoy the fort a little more and want to go to the campfire every night without stress. I would be grateful for any tips.

Sadly, that company is no longer in business. As far as I know there are no more pop-up rentals of this kind in the area. I'm sure if anyone knows of one they will be along to help.

Until you figure things out, keep checking all the time for for another site. People cancel all the time. I have always been able to get rooms or sites with persistence.

Obviously, you have much more on the line, coming from Europe, and would want to have firm plans in place way in advance. But next New Years is a long way off, just keep trying.

Or you could rent a Hybrid. The Fort does allow smaller TT's on tent loops. This one looks like it would be fine.

Last edited:
FortForever makes a good point about the hybrids. For those who don't know, a hybrid has the boxed travel trailer central body but one or more fold down canvas-covered bunk ends like a conventional pop-up. In fact, one of the Disney official rental trailer vendors, Meacham's, specifically points this out on their website (see bullet point #2 referring to loops 1500 and 2000 which are the 2 tent/popup loops). http://www.traveltrailerrent.com/disneys-fort-wilderness-rental-packages.html

Hybrids would be a little more expensive that the pop-up rentals were but at least you could still make use of the site reservation you already have.

Bama Ed

PS - Bigger hybrids like Meacham's #31 would work. http://www.traveltrailerrent.com/camper--31.html

Thank you everyone for your tips. I had totally forgotten about Meacham's so I will be checking that out. My parents used their pop-up all the time but then replaced it with a monster which just stands in the driveway. I do not understand why they went so big when they were thrilled with the other. The hybrids are interesting so they are a possibility. We also talked about getting a nice cot for our tent so we did not feel like we were tent camping so I will be thinking about what will work best. Thanks again!

#31 would work great for your family. That is very similar to our hybrid, it's room and would be very comfortable. I hope you find something that works. We really enjoy being in a hybrid because we love the feel of camping outside but like the conveniences of a hard sided trailer.

5kidsmommy, how is it for the chillier nights? We are currently in sweden so summer camping almost always means winter pjs but it can get chilly some January nights in fw. I know the tent is usually warmer than the pop-up but the hybrid is primarily hardsided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter