POP room advice

meggiemouse

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POP, standard room. Which decade would you request? We have kids and have requested two adjoining rooms.

We always go for the 70s sections. First there is no pool so it's quieter at night. Second it is right next to the transportation and food court, so it is very convenient

This might help you. The red shows the preferred areas. They have now added a category that would be Standard Pool View so that is beyond the red but still by the pool. For nice quiet rooms in Standard I would request 50's, 60's or 70's Lake View rooms. Lake View means no parking lot views. None are a terrible walk to the main hub, none will look at pools aka noise and avoiding the 80's and 90's will avoid teen groups and longest walks. At the intersection of the buildings are the elevators and cut through so you don't have to walk around the buildings.

pop-century-map.jpg

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Depends on what you want. I love the 80's building facing the parking lot because we drive and it is nice to have the car right there.

We always go for the 70s sections. First there is no pool so it's quieter at night. Second it is right next to the transportation and food court, so it is very convenient

^^ Second this. Loved 70's building 10!

We are staying here in April for the first time. Is it safe to say that 90's, 50's or 60's would be a good choice with close proximity to a pool and short distance to busses? We don't care about a quiet area.....it certainly won't be quiet with our little guys! :)

I really like the 50's area. That said, I would go with whatever theme appeals to you the most. :-)

We stayed 60's Pool View in August 2013. It was so loud at the pool late into the night and early in the morning that we called to complain several times. We will never do that again. If I stayed at POP again, I would choose 60's or 50's Lake View.

I'll definitely need to read up on this thread :D We are staying at Pop Century for our honeymoon in October!!! I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter