POP or Movies please

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
Booking for Nov 2021....hope I can cross the border by then

we always stay at POP and haven’t been to the All Stars in many many many years. Over a 10 night stay we can save $400 US about $540 Canadian if we stay at All Star Movies....saying not open yet but if it doesn’t open they will move us.

Thoughts for those who have stayed at both, is it worth the extra money to stay at POP?

thank you

kim

we always stay at POP and haven’t been to the All Stars in many many many years. Over a 10 night stay we can save $400 US about $540 Canadian if we stay at All Star Movies....saying not open yet but if it doesn’t open they will move us.

Thoughts for those who have stayed at both, is it worth the extra money to stay at POP?

thank you

kim

You have Music in your thread title and Movies in your thread.

I would definitely pick Pop over Music. I don’t like the layout of Music at all.

Movies is my favourite of the AllStars. For a $540 savings I’d consider it, but in the end, I’d most likely still choose to stay at Pop.

I’m doing the same thing right now. Pop or movies. Saves us about $600. I think we are choosing pop. I like it better and the sky liner is so convenient and fun. I want to stay at wilderness lodge. But 1. Not taking reservations and 2. We are bringing and paying for 6 grown “kids”. It never ends. :confused3:earboy2:

You have Music in your thread title and Movies in your thread.

I would definitely pick Pop over Music. I don’t like the layout of Music at all.

Movies is my favourite of the AllStars. For a $540 savings I’d consider it, but in the end, I’d most likely still choose to stay at Pop.
Lol. Oops. Thanks for the catch on that it is Movies.

POP is my family's favorite but Movies is a close second for value resorts.
Now that the rooms are updated I would not hesitate to stay at Movies if it were a large savings.

Both are renovated rooms so similar in that respect. Is the Skyliner worth the extra money to you? That would be the main difference I'd say, at least since it's the only All Stars open so no bus sharing problems. We've stayed at both, as much as we want to try the Skyliner, we don't go to Epcot or HS that much to make it worth the extra expense.

Unless you plan on using the skyliner a lot I would stay at the All Stars. I know I am in the minority, but I prefer them over Pop.

thank you

kim
Skyliner and a Lake are the main advantages POP has over the All-Stars so I would decide if those 2 things were worth $400 to you and go with that. :)

Movies is the smallest and best IMO of the All Stars but I would pick Pop. Better layout, skyline access and less noisy.

I like them both. The skyliner is really nice, but since the rooms are essentially identical between the 2, you’ll have to decide if that’s worth the extra money. If ASMo were going to be open for my March dates, I’d probably switch to save money.

Thank you all for your insight and opinions. I forgot about bus sharing. I think we will make the jump to POP

kim

I definitely prefer Pop- Hourglass Lake is one of my favorite places to stroll within Disney property and the Skyliner is a big plus.
Having said that...I've noticed that ASM has been listing @ significantly lower rates than Pop. I, therefore, would seriously consider the All-Star resort. Especially now that the Movies' rooms have been renovated. I think the only difference I noticed was @ ASM, there is one showerhead whereas at Pop, there are 2.

If you are not going to have a rental car, I would say POP would be the better choice. The main reason being that for a 10 night stay, the food court at Movies is going to get old really fast.
If you are at POP, you can always walk over to the food court at AOA or skyliner to CBR, Riviera or Boardwalk.

We have stayed at both. We have stayed at Pop x3, Movies x2 and Music x1. We loved Pop most and Movies 2nd. Pop has a bigger food court. (Something to consider if things get back to normal).

Another vote for Pop. The lake and the skyliner are worth it. Plus being able to jump on the Art of Animation bus if the Pop lines are too long and walk over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter