POP more expensive than CSR

woody5

Mouseketeer
I was looking into booking a trip for the end of March. I was surprised to see the cost of a standard room at POP was slightly more expensive than a standard room at CSR. I guess Disney feels the Skyliner is more valuable than the amenities at CSR!

I was looking into booking a trip for the end of March. I was surprised to see the cost of a standard room at POP was slightly more expensive than a standard room at CSR. I guess Disney feels the Skyliner is more valuable than the amenities at CSR!

That's weird. I just checked our dates for next June and CSR is $70/night more than Pop. And when I put in the dates for the last week of March, CSR is about $30/night more than Pop (which would definitely make me consider CSR).

I think the Skyliner probably has some to do with that, sadly CSR doesn't get any special transposition outside of busing.

I just brought up 3/23/24-3/28/24 and yes I see POP at $299 and CSR at $293, but all the resort prices are ridiculous during that time:sad2: Almost all Deluxe are $800 - $1,100o_O At those prices I personally would look at staying offsite.

View attachment 782163
View attachment 782164
POP and CSR are our favorite value and moderate .................. but why in the world would I pay $299 for POP when I can pay less for CSR? Standard View at CSR is where we like - Ranchos.

I agree. In what world is $299 a value resort?

Have you not seen the pricing for AOA suites, they are moderate/deluxe resort pricing but considered a value resort due to the lack of amenities. POP also has the Skyliner which is what increased the price for this resort as did the fact that it's spring break and Easter time next year.

I stayed at Pop Century over the weekend and I was able to get it for less than $200/night thanks to my sister's Florida resident discount. Based off of the quality of the room, there is no way that it's worth $300+/night. I don't care about the Skyliner. That is blatantly overpriced lol

I looked into AoA too and those suite prices are nuts. They were more expensive than Grand Floridian and Contemporary.

We stayed at POP during spring break this past March and paid $189 +tax per night with a discount. I will say that in all our many trips , we have never paid rack rate. The few times we could not get a WDW discount we stayed offsite or at a discounted US resort or went somewhere else. We love the skyliner and it has made POP our go to resort but not at these rates, same for the Epcot or monorail resorts, just like POP is not worth $300, WDW deluxe is not worth $800 - $1100 per night. I always laugh when I read that being able to walk to 2 parks (with 1 walk being a mile long) or use the monorail or having a balcony is "priceless". I agree with Hopperfan, that it's an easy decision to pick a mod over POP at those rates and for us that would be one of the PO resorts:)

I get $293 per night for CSR and $299 for POP, March 23-28. Going to book CSR!
When I put in those specific dates, I get those prices. The problem might have been that I was putting in a 7-night stay so I was hitting 2 weekends and prices are higher on weekends.

Last edited:
It is about max hotel revenue. The demand is there for Pop, so they can get the rates. /shrug

I stayed at Pop Century over the weekend and I was able to get it for less than $200/night thanks to my sister's Florida resident discount. Based off of the quality of the room, there is no way that it's worth $300+/night. I don't care about the Skyliner. That is blatantly overpriced lol

I looked into AoA too and those suite prices are nuts. They were more expensive than Grand Floridian and Contemporary.
Yea I would never pay those prices for AoA - I’d rather just stay at deluxe. But we have only 1 child, so us all sharing a room isn’t an issue. I get how people with multiple children need more room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter