• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century

grandma3

Earning My Ears
First visit to Pop Century in January. Looking for room recommendations. I noticed a lot of recommendations for 4th floor. Will I be disappointed in the first floor? I really don't want to do steps. Looking for close to bus stops. Thanks

I have asked for the first floor for most of my Value Resort trips, I just like the first floor better. I've never really had any problems with noise as far as people walking by or in adjacent/above rooms. Maybe I'm just more tolerant but the only time I've had noise problems was when I had a connecting door in my room and that was maybe once or twice. I've never heard the people above me walking...not once.

I know sometimes they talk of view being better higher up, but honestly without a balcony the term view doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

I always (too) choose the first floor. No noise from what I hear. It's just easier not worrying about stairs or elevators.

First visit to Pop Century in January. Looking for room recommendations. I noticed a lot of recommendations for 4th floor. Will I be disappointed in the first floor? I really don't want to do steps. Looking for close to bus stops. Thanks

We always ask for the 1st floor and never have issues with noise or sleeping through anything. We are staying at preferred pool view this time and I told my dad we may not get 1st floor, but we always check in early (before noon most times) so we usually get what we want.

We stayed there thanksgiving week last year and were on the first floor. We never had any problems with noise or anything else.

I actually cannot think of a good reason to stay on any floor but the first floor :). It's our favorite and is most convenient.

I always request the 1st floor, 60s preferred, not pool view. If you have a pool view, it gets loud at nap time with the microphone and music.
They do have elevators, though, so you wouldn't have to use the stairs.

I always ask for the 4th floor (I dislike people above me), corner room, standard, lake view and I prefer the 50's building. Keep in mind that there are elevators for each building so your not hiking it up some stairs everytime. But if you like the bottom floor than go for it! You will be fine :)

In a facility with wooden floors it makes a difference but for those of you on the fence about which floors, the building is concrete. Never heard anybody walking or anything above me. Just an FYI. Everyone has their preference.

Oh and a little fyi, if your ground floor, look outside at night. There are bunny rabbits everywhere and they are adorable! You will feel like Snow White

I've had first floor pool view and noise was an issue--and I'm not a light sleeper. It was foot traffic--not from the pool itself.

I love the 50's lake view, top floor. THere are elevators so stairs don't have to be an issue.

We have stayed there two times and both times have gotten preferred pool view and 4th floor. My daughter likes being higher so that's why we always did 4th floor. We did the preferred pool view so we were close to the pool, lobby food court and buses.

Nothing to add, really..The elevators are quite quick-no waiting. I love 4th floor, I think we usually get lakeside.This time we have preferred and Im a little nervous about not having that lake view like in the standard. Once you get your 'path' memorized, its really very simple. You can request upper floors if you didnt mention it. As for bus stops, there's just the one-out front. So, as close to the dining hall as you can get for the room. Check the resort map, I think we usually choose 50's or 60's.

I will be bringing my youngest child back at nap time for a few days. Is lake view best for napping?

We have stayed at Pop several times and had both a first floor and a higher floor room. We have also stayed lakeside and poolside. Honestly, we are so exhausted at night that we haven't had any trouble napping/sleeping in any of them. The only problem I had lakeside was that it was years ago and my then toddler boy was a wanderer. I felt like I had to be even more super vigilant in the few minutes we were getting out the door each morning.

I say choose whatever floor you like. I personally like any floor but the first floor. The stairs don't bother me.
There is elevators as well in every building.

I've stayed on the 4th floor, 1st floor and either 2nd or 3rd floor (can't remember which). The only issue I ever had with noise was during our first trip which was the 4th floor, and it was purely coincidental. We got put next to some crazy people I guess. Our last night there, when we had to wake up very early to catch our flight home, there was a baby crying for several hours (this wasn't the bad part necessarily). I could tell the crying was coming from the bathroom so I'm pretty sure they just stuck the baby in the bathroom, and we kept hearing the parents literally screaming at the baby, "SHUT UP!!!!" all night. I finally made a phone call, explained the situation, and someone went to their room and then it finally stopped. This was around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

We haven't had any issues since that off-the-wall one and we have stayed at Pop 3 times, soon to be 4. :). I wouldn't hold it against Pop Century either. It's always a possibility that there will be crazy people anywhere you go, lol.

We requested (and stayed on) the 1st floor last month. There was absolutely no noise and very little traffic. We had a preferred, non-pool view in the 50's section that faced a wooded area.

I personally like the second floor because noise doesn't bother me but lizards do. Last time we had a room on the first floor we had a lizard and a frog visit us in our room. It was raining quite a bit that day. Since then I always request the second floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter