POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are all packed (except for carry ons) for our 11 night adventure and I'm overpacked and overweight so I need to spend a bit of time determining what will stay at home.

Our flight home doesn't leave until 10:30 PM so we would like to spend the afternoon swimming. Since you are supposed to get towels for the pool from your room, how would that work? Does anyone have experience with this situation? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our flight home doesn't leave until 10:30 PM so we would like to spend the afternoon swimming. Since you are supposed to get towels for the pool from your room, how would that work? Does anyone have experience with this situation? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When we stayed there last year and wanted to swim before our room was ready, there were towels available behind the front desk. You just have to ask.

We are staying in a standard room at POP in October. Should I request a certain area at POP to stay in if I want to be closest to the bus stop and the food court? Thanks!

jonimccann said:
We are staying in a standard room at POP in October. Should I request a certain area at POP to stay in if I want to be closest to the bus stop and the food court? Thanks!

I would make your request "close to bus stop" or "close to food court". I've had two room assigners tell me they prefer when guests say what they're looking for. It opens up more possibilities to grant your request when they know what you're looking for.

jonimccann said:
And does POP have a place for me to wash our clothes?

Yes there are 3 places to do laundry... Each one is adjacent to a pool. The machines take quarters and there is a change machine in the bldg along with a vending machine that sells a handful of laundry products. I recommend bringing some tide pods or other small single serve detergent pods and dryer sheets (products were $1 ea and single use). Last I saw it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry (and heavier items will need more than 1 drying cycle). Also take your MB or KTTW card as you will need that to gain access to the building. HTH. :)

For our Disneymoon in October I booked a Preferred room and requested a King bed. With those requested, where do you think we'll be staying?

For our Disneymoon in October I booked a Preferred room and requested a King bed. With those requested, where do you think we'll be staying?

Check out these maps from the first page:
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/br...PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg

Preferred rooms are in the 50's, 60's, or 70's, with the 60's having the most. None of the preferred rooms are lakeview. If you don't want extra noise, I would request the 70's section, because in the other sections, preferred rooms might face a pool (but not be directly by the pool).

The second link shows the position of king rooms. If you get your request for a king, you will be in the "arms" of the T-shape of the building.

With all the bus talk a few pages ago, what time will we need to line up if we want to get to RD? I think I read the first bus starts an hour before the parks open, so if MK opens at 9am, the first bus will leave POP at 8am? Will there be lots of people trying to get on this bus?

With all the bus talk a few pages ago, what time will we need to line up if we want to get to RD? I think I read the first bus starts an hour before the parks open, so if MK opens at 9am, the first bus will leave POP at 8am? Will there be lots of people trying to get on this bus?

I tried to aim to get a the bus stop at 7:45 each morning for a 9 am RD, but we rarely made it before 8. There was never more than one bus full of people for any park there at that time, with the exception of our last day. We were in line by 8 on our last day to head to MK. The line was longer than I'd ever seen. Two of the articulated (double) buses pulled up one behind the other and those of us near the end of the line still had to wait for the next bus. However, even with that crowd, we still made it through the gates in time to see the opening show.

Also, I think the buses start running at 6:30. Two days we had pre-park-opening ADRs and arrived at the parks (MK and AK) by about 7:40. At that time there were already some people (without ADRS) lined up at the MK gate waiting for park opening!

Yes there are 3 places to do laundry... Each one is adjacent to a pool. The machines take quarters and there is a change machine in the bldg along with a vending machine that sells a handful of laundry products. I recommend bringing some tide pods or other small single serve detergent pods and dryer sheets (products were $1 ea and single use). Last I saw it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry (and heavier items will need more than 1 drying cycle). Also take your MB or KTTW card as you will need that to gain access to the building. HTH. :)

Thanks so much!!! I'll be sure to put some laundry supplies and quarters on my packing list!

Hi all, I am a long time lurker, rare poster. Just wanted to thank all of you for your contribution to this thread. It has help me so much with our upcoming trip to WDW. 3 more sleeps and we will be at Pop Century for the first time! Can't wait!

Someone was checking in with streamlined check in today right? Any updates? :)

Yes Trishadono was going to put up something after check in. Might not have a laptop with her, or might wait till she comes home. Would love to know before Sunday that's when we get there.
5 more days!!! :banana:

About doing the laundry:

(background: I never did laundry during vacation, or used one of those laundry machines that you pay with coins, I've never seen those before either haha)

My sister and I are in a kind of wake-up early/sleep-late schedule, specially since our breaks will be in-park breaks. The possibility of washing our clothes and therefore bringing less stuff sounds super appealing to me. But I don't think I'll have time to do it? ): How long does one load take? Is there an option of leaving the clothes washing and picking them up later?

Hi all - Leaving in two days for a mother/daughter trip at POP!! :yay: I did online check in and am scheduled for streamlined so I would be happy to also report my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter