• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud and wondering what my Disboard friends think :scratchin
If we have a couple of requests on our reservation that we made when we originally booked our trip and now I can do the on-line check in, if I check 2 totally different requests, I wonder which ones the CM's look at when they are assigning a room:rolleyes:

I asked this same question to the CM I spoke with a few days ago. She claimed her notes would override my check-in requests although I've found great discrepancies (and some incorrect info) from the phone CMs in the past. Just to be sure, I plan on calling to reconfirm everything after I do online check-in next month.

I've had conversations with 2 room assigners and both confirmed that they see requests made during online check in and requests added to the reservation via phone. And they both said they prefer requests made via calling because people list them in order of preference and wish there was a way to rank the online choices.

I asked this same question to the CM I spoke with a few days ago. She claimed her notes would override my check-in requests although I've found great discrepancies (and some incorrect info) from the phone CMs in the past. Just to be sure, I plan on calling to reconfirm everything after I do online check-in next month.

I've had conversations with 2 room assigners and both confirmed that they see requests made during online check in and requests added to the reservation via phone. And they both said they prefer requests made via calling because people list them in order of preference and wish there was a way to rank the online choices.

Thank you both for great info.
That would be nice if they had a way of ranking our requests during on-line check in.
I'm not really picky about our room other than we love the lakeview standard rooms. On my reservation I have the request of 4th floor, lakeview. But after talking to my DDnL, she said the boys really thought the 50's section looked "cool" since they love to bowl so on my online check in, I thought I would check 50's, lakeside. I wish I could have just one more choice during online check in but oh well :rolleyes: any room will be great!

Going to Disney World December 26, and staying at POP!

So excited!

Some questions:

Was wondering, what is your opinion of the beds. Are they comfortable? Are they hard, soft, or somewhere in between?

We have a preferred room reserved, and would like to be close to the main building. I think the preferred rooms are in the 60's, 70's, and 80's buildings. Which one of these areas is indeed closest to main building?

Do you like the food court? How is the food? I realize this is an individual thing, but do you like the food and how it tastes?

I think I read that the bus service at POP services POP only, no other resorts.
Is this correct?

TIA for any input! :)

Going to Disney World December 26, and staying at POP!

So excited!

Some questions:

Was wondering, what is your opinion of the beds. Are they comfortable? Are they hard, soft, or somewhere in between?

We have a preferred room reserved, and would like to be close to the main building. I think the preferred rooms are in the 60's, 70's, and 80's buildings. Which one of these areas is indeed closest to main building?

Do you like the food court? How is the food? I realize this is an individual thing, but do you like the food and how it tastes?

I think I read that the bus service at POP services POP only, no other resorts.
I this correct?

TIA for any input! :)

1. The beds are truly my least favorite thing about POP. I found my bed to be incredibly hard and the sheets cheap/scratchy. However, I will admit I have a very nice pillow-top mattress at home and buy the softest sheets I can find, because being comfortable in bed is a priority to me. So for the average guest the beds/bedding may be fine, but it is the one thing that really bothers me. I've stayed Deluxe 3 times and slept like a baby each time; I've stayed Value twice (POP & ASMo) and found the beds to be miserable, although POP was better than ASMo where I tossed and turned every night.

2. 50's, 60's & 70's all have preferred rooms. There are no preferred rooms in 80's or 90's. Depending on room location, I think the preferred sections are all equally close to the main building.

3. We were there last year during Free Dining and were not impressed with the food court. The lines were so long and slow-moving, and the place was always hectic, even at 11pm. We ended up eating most of our meals in the parks because it was so much faster (and better suited our tastes) and cereal in our room in the mornings. The resort was at 100% occupancy during our trip, which is around 2,800 guests for one food court. Enough said? ;)

4. Correct. We LOVE the dedicated bus service and POP and had no issues on our trip.

We also really enjoyed the ability to walk over to AoA and wander the resort, use the food court, etc. We are looking forward to our stay at POP again in 3 months, hard beds and all! :cool1:

Going to Disney World December 26, and staying at POP! So excited! Some questions: Was wondering, what is your opinion of the beds. Are they comfortable? Are they hard, soft, or somewhere in between? We have a preferred room reserved, and would like to be close to the main building. I think the preferred rooms are in the 60's, 70's, and 80's buildings. Which one of these areas is indeed closest to main building? Do you like the food court? How is the food? I realize this is an individual thing, but do you like the food and how it tastes? I think I read that the bus service at POP services POP only, no other resorts. Is this correct? TIA for any input! :)

1. I don't mind the beds, but I like it a little firmer. I have a pillow top and home and i sleep miserably on it. Honestly I think they're in between hard and soft. I've slept on worse.

2. Answered above!

3. I like the food but it is very busy, even when you think it wouldn't be! (Like 10-11 at night) it's improved over the years but it has a fair amount of grab and go items if you don't want to wait in line. The lines are unfortunately fairly slow going, but everything is pretty fresh when that's happening. It's slow because they have to keep making food.

4. Indeed that's true! It's pretty great!

Where would be the best place to put a twin sized air mattress in the room? Our 2 year old is too big for a pack n play.

Can someone explain how the streamlined check in works? Will I get a text if my room is ready based on the time I selected during online check in? Kind of hoping to know if it's ready before hand so we could stop by and get groceries before arriving. All these new changes, I can barely keep up and we were just there a few months ago!

Due to arrive to Pop on 10/30 in standard room with 2 teens! Haven't been there since 2007 so have a few questions.

What building is close to pool? Food court? Bus stop? Parking lot?

Do all rooms have refrigerators?

How soon in advance can you check-in ONLINE? (this is new for us !) And, where do you do this....mydisneyexperience.com?

Where is the closest grocery store?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to another GREAT Disney trip :)

Kim

Due to arrive to Pop on 10/30 in standard room with 2 teens! Haven't been there since 2007 so have a few questions. What building is close to pool? Food court? Bus stop? Parking lot? Do all rooms have refrigerators? How soon in advance can you check-in ONLINE? (this is new for us !) And, where do you do this....mydisneyexperience.com? Where is the closest grocery store? Thanks so much! Looking forward to another GREAT Disney trip :) Kim

All rooms now have fridges, no freezers. Online check in happens on the Disney website. Go to your reservation and it'll be there. It happens 60 days out. As for what's where, there's a map on the first page of this thread.

You should actually request a late check out as soon as you get in your room. Call housekeeping, it's first come, first serve. The latest check out time is 1pm without fees.
Anybody know what the fees associated with this are? Depending on the cost, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they let me hangout in my room until 2pm. :rolleyes1

I'm thinking about staying at POP the 2nd week of December. Do the Pop Warner kids stay at the resort during that time?

Can someone explain how the streamlined check in works? Will I get a text if my room is ready based on the time I selected during online check in? Kind of hoping to know if it's ready before hand so we could stop by and get groceries before arriving. All these new changes, I can barely keep up and we were just there a few months ago!

Trishadono
Posted back on 7/31 that she was checking in with streamline on 8/11.
Said she would report back with photos and a description of what happened ASAP.
So everyone wondering about Streamline, (like me!!) look out for her post on or a bit after 8/11.
We check in 8/17 so looking forward to her review of it.

Does anyone know if I can fill my mug in the morning with Ice Coffee, or do I have to get hot Coffee and wait for it to cool and then add ice? Also do they offer in the morning regular unsweetened Ice Tea?

Thanks

Does anyone know if I can fill my mug in the morning with Ice Coffee, or do I have to get hot Coffee and wait for it to cool and then add ice? Also do they offer in the morning regular unsweetened Ice Tea?

Thanks

I don't recall seeing iced coffee. You could fill your mug before you go to bed at night and put it in the fridge to chill overnight.

They do have unsweetened ice tea, though. It's in one of those Gold Peak dispensers where you choose sweet tea, green tea, unsweetened, etc. I think the unsweetened is pretty good and have it at least once a day while there.

Last year we had the magic bands for our trip and the resorts gave us the little rubber mickey rings with 2013 on them to put on the magic band. We used them to help secure the bands closure. Is Pop Century giving these out this year?

TIA

Last year we had the magic bands for our trip and the resorts gave us the little rubber mickey rings with 2013 on them to put on the magic band. We used them to help secure the bands closure. Is Pop Century giving these out this year? TIA

From what I understand there are no sliders this year, only for AP holders and the sliders come with the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter