POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
One year we went 2 weeks and stayed at POFQ. Then we went down for another week and did pop with FD. We have stayed at pop ever since. Everyone will always tell you a moderate and a deluxe are so much better and you should upgrade. For some that is true but I have stayed at all levels and prefer pop. I find the difference between a value and a moderate not worth the money. I mean the pool slide is cool but we add the WP option to our tickets. Everyone talks about covered bust stops. But I prefer the que line vs the hoards trying to get on the bust all at once and yes it happens all the time.

I agree 100% :thumbsup2
We have stayed at moderates and deluxe a couple of times but when POP opened on December 14, 2003, we were there and we have never looked back. I never realized, until we stayed at POP, the Disney feel that we were missing by staying at a moderate/deluxe and not to mention the money we save.

Does pop have pool towels?

Maybe it was just done for a busier time, but when we were there a couple of weeks ago, a towel cart was left out and open at the ground floor by the elevator every evening. This was in Building 1 - Lady. Maybe something they are experimenting with. It was nice to have it.

Maybe it was just done for a busier time, but when we were there a couple of weeks ago, a towel cart was left out and open at the ground floor by the elevator every evening. This was in Building 1 - Lady. Maybe something they are experimenting with. It was nice to have it.
They've been doing that for years. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

They've been doing that for years. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

Yeah, we've seen them on occasion, but this is the first time we've seen them every night. Just thought I'd share for the one asking about the towels. Didn't know if they might be in the process of going to that on a regular basis or whatever. Either way, it was nice to have them there. :)

My fiance and I will be staying at POP this September and it'll be my third time at the resort. I absolutely love it.

It's our honeymoon and we originally booked CBR, because all the advice about honeymoons in Disney said to go with a moderate or deluxe for the "atmosphere." However, the price never sat well with us and about a month ago we decided to switch back to POP. Why pay so much more money because we feel like we have to be adults for this trip? It's Disney for goodness sake! :thumbsup2

We booked a preferred room for this trip, so I don't think it can get any better. :goodvibes

This exactly for me too. I'd rather stay at POP and upgrade free QSDP to DDP than stay moderate for the small difference in price. Have stayed at POFQ and CSR. Although I liked them both I much MUCH prefer POP. Everyone is different but just forget what you think about values and enjoy what they offer. There is so much. Have a great trip!

Thanks I can't wait!

I agree 100% :thumbsup2
We have stayed at moderates and deluxe a couple of times but when POP opened on December 14, 2003, we were there and we have never looked back. I never realized, until we stayed at POP, the Disney feel that we were missing by staying at a moderate/deluxe and not to mention the money we save.

I do enjoy the deluxe's but a mod is just the same to me I guess. But even a moderate this trip is 1300.00 more. No thanks! We bought Villains unleashed tickets and frozen summer fun package and will spoil the kids. Plus a couple of character meals. Plus we prefer the QSDP so it just works out for us.

My fiance and I will be staying at POP this September and it'll be my third time at the resort. I absolutely love it.

It's our honeymoon and we originally booked CBR, because all the advice about honeymoons in Disney said to go with a moderate or deluxe for the "atmosphere." However, the price never sat well with us and about a month ago we decided to switch back to POP. Why pay so much more money because we feel like we have to be adults for this trip? It's Disney for goodness sake! :thumbsup2

We booked a preferred room for this trip, so I don't think it can get any better. :goodvibes

I think people suggest that if you plan to stay at the resort a lot. I personally am not a resort person so even though I would love to stay at some of the other resorts, I can't justify spending the money! The "values" are already much more expensive than any hotel we'd stay at outside of Disney anyway! Like someone else said too, the covered bus stops would be nice but people are rude and the queue formation for the bus lines at Pop is great!

Thinking out loud and wondering what my Disboard friends think :scratchin
If we have a couple of requests on our reservation that we made when we originally booked our trip and now I can do the on-line check in, if I check 2 totally different requests, I wonder which ones the CM's look at when they are assigning a room:rolleyes:

Thinking out loud and wondering what my Disboard friends think :scratchin If we have a couple of requests on our reservation that we made when we originally booked our trip and now I can do the on-line check in, if I check 2 totally different requests, I wonder which ones the CM's look at when they are assigning a room:rolleyes:

I had this problem last year & I just called to confirm my requests. I ended up getting the call in ones. :)

If we have a couple of requests on our reservation that we made when we originally booked our trip and now I can do the on-line check in, if I check 2 totally different requests, I wonder which ones the CM's look at when they are assigning a room

It seems to me that the online check-in selections, if any, are used over any noted requests.

Case example 1: For Pop Century, I had 50's building 1 and ground floor as noted requests. During online check-in, I selected "ground floor" and "50's." Room assigned was ground floor in 70's. (But I did get it changed to 50's upon check-in.)

Case example 2: For All-Star Movies, I had Mighty Ducks building 1 as a noted request. During online check-in, I requested "ground floor" and "Mighty Ducks." Room assigned was ground floor in Love Bug. (But I did get it changed to Mighty Ducks upon check-in.)

Next case example, where I tried something simpler: For All-Star Sports, I had Touchdown section as a noted request (no building specified). During online check-in, I picked "Touchdown" as my only request. Room assigned was...in Touchdown. And, by sheer chance, it happened to be a ground floor, which is what I wanted (but didn't request this time).

Not really scientific or whatever, but this is what I experienced. I think the online choice(s) are used if you select them, and one my more more weighted that the other. Or something. :confused3

I finally got a PIN, unique offer code, whatever it is called. I was so excited, but am not going to change a thing. I wanted one so bad back in May when I wanted to go to POR or POFQ, but now you all have me so excited for POP!!!!

At least I made the list. Hopefully I will get one earlier in the planning stages next time.

Do we know what the movies are this month? :3dglasses

POP movies for Aug. 2014

9:00 PM - By the Hippy Dippy Feature Pool at Pop Century

•Sundays - Brave
•Mondays - Pocahontas
•Tuesdays - Oliver & Company
•Wednesdays - A Goofy Movie
•Thursdays - Brother Bear
•Fridays - Wreck it Ralph
•Saturdays - Enchanted

Here is AOA, if you like to walk over there.

Movie time - 8:30 PM

•Sundays - The Princess and the Frog
•Mondays - Tarzan
•Tuesdays - The Fox and the Hound
•Wednesdays - Hunchback of Notre Dame
•Thursdays - A Bug's Life
•Fridays - The Little Mermaid
•Saturdays - The Muppets

Just checking out the map again for our first pop stay trying to figure out which section I want to request when I call tomorrow to update some things on my reservation. We are standard view. The map looks like all of the 60's standard rooms are lakeview? Am I correct?

Just checking out the map again for our first pop stay trying to figure out which section I want to request when I call tomorrow to update some things on my reservation. We are standard view. The map looks like all of the 60's standard rooms are lakeview? Am I correct?

Yes. :goodvibes

We will be staying May 2015. I work at a school school so we have been going the past couple years during spring break. Loved it! This year we start school early so our last day will be right before Memorial Day weekend (if we have no snow days of course) . :yay: My oldest daughter will be in college this year so she will be out, it shouldn't interfere with football camp for my son, and my youngest it might disrupt her social life but she loves Disney. I am looking forward to going at a different time. Kind of an end of the school year celebration!

This will be our first stay at Pop! I am so excited I have always wanted to stay there. It will be nice to have 2 rooms too! I booked Preferred Pool View. So my understanding we will be close to main hall and right by the main pool. I am so excited!! I have been looking at Pics watching videos of the resort, and my first of many questions is the bus pick-up set up like you are leaving a park....organized lines? Does that make sense? lol If it is I like that set up!

If we have a couple of requests on our reservation that we made when we originally booked our trip and now I can do the on-line check in, if I check 2 totally different requests, I wonder which ones the CM's look at when they are assigning a room:rolleyes:

I asked this same question to the CM I spoke with a few days ago. She claimed her notes would override my check-in requests although I've found great discrepancies (and some incorrect info) from the phone CMs in the past. Just to be sure, I plan on calling to reconfirm everything after I do online check-in next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter