• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone from Disney reads this thread I just want to say BRING BACK THE SHRIMP LO MEIN! It was my favorite item on the menu. It will be missed.

If anyone from Disney reads this thread I just want to say BRING BACK THE SHRIMP LO MEIN! It was my favorite item on the menu. It will be missed.

I'm with you EpcotBill, but may I add a request to bring back the Mom's Night Out Fried Chicken -- it's really the green beans that go with that dinner that I like. Heck, we would head over there for that dinner (Thursday night, I think) whether we were staying at Pop or somewhere else.

I loved the Lo Mein but would have them leave out the shrimp. Was really looking forward to eating it on my next trip. :(

I have not been impressed with the new menu. No big deal though. We just eat somewhere else. The music at the pool was at a nice level this afternoon so maybe they read this thread.

My DH wants the Chicken Penne Alfredo brought back. He LOVED this. I know there is still one on the menu however I seen a pic of it and it looked nasty. :crazy2:

On a positive note though, they still have their POP waffle. :yay:

I'm heading down in 10 days, (!!!) but I'm going down with a group. I'm kinda nervous that they're going to stick us in the 80's or 90's because it is a group of "kids/teenagers." Can somebody post some positive information about that area so I'm not so concerned staying here. At least I'm stoked about the Floppy Disk pool! :cool1: Either way it's Disney and we won't be spending a lot of time in our rooms, but cockroaches are my one bug I'm not okay with. Spiders, ants, those giant crazy bugs Florida has, are all fine. Not roaches. Help?[/QUOT

We go with a group every year, and have found that the more requests that you make the the harder it is to fill for a group. If you want 1st floor, then it is almost impossible to get numerous rooms together, and they will fill the rooms together first. So decide what matters most. Now I just ask for same building, but I say that I would rather have 1st floor than anything else. With a pool preferred room, I am now guaranteed to just open the door and be at the pool pretty much. Others in the group that need connecting rooms, usually are up higher on the ends, etc. Also tell them you are willing to wait, because they will fit you in something available, but maybe waiting will get you something you would rather have. Enjoy!

I'm with you EpcotBill, but may I add a request to bring back the Mom's Night Out Fried Chicken -- it's really the green beans that go with that dinner that I like. Heck, we would head over there for that dinner (Thursday night, I think) whether we were staying at Pop or somewhere else.

My DH wants the Chicken Penne Alfredo brought back. He LOVED this. I know there is still one on the menu however I seen a pic of it and it looked nasty. :crazy2:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
please all you guys, take the time to let them know!

In case you are over at the Boardwalk, they did sell the 20 ounce bottles of Cherry Coke. I looked for them in Pop and AoA but none. I'm not sure if you can find them in any of the other resorts but I was excited to see them sold there one night.

Thanks, but I try not to drink that much of it, just a glass here and there.:)

Dear Mrs. Hardt,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I would welcome the
opportunity to personally discuss your comments. However, I have been
unable to reach you. Please provide me with your daytime telephone
number and the best time to call. You are also welcome to contact me
directly. I am available Monday, Tuesday and Friday between 12:30 p.m.
and 7:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday between 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
EST.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Lindsay Watson
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-560-3649

disney is always trying to update things, as they should! and they don't know which changes are good or not so good unless they hear from us! please call or email to let them know.

they can bring in new "healthy" options, but the whole theme of Pop Century is just that. sorry, things like Sushi or veggie burgers,etc. just don't fit the theme. Mom's night out does, esp FRIED chicken.

and the shrimp lo mein was wonderful!!!!! if you want these things to come back , let them know!!

This is our 4th trip to WDW and we have always stayed at ASMo and loved it there. We decided to change it up this time and booked Pop for Oct. You guys are making me so excited!!! :yay:

The kids are getting ready for bed, everything is packed and now we are down to 12 hours before our flight!!!!!!! I can't wait to get there, I hope I can sleep tonight!

The kids are getting ready for bed, everything is packed and now we are down to 12 hours before our flight!!!!!!! I can't wait to get there, I hope I can sleep tonight!

That day before vacation is always so exciting :). Have tons of fun!!

I definitely agree that the food court should be open later - when the parks close at 11pm/12am it's kinda rough to expect your guests to be coming home hungry with nowhere to eat. When I was there earlier this month, almost every night we'd get off the bus after leaving EMH at 11pm and getting to the hotel around 11:45pm, and people would literally jump off the bus and start running to the food court just to get food before they closed. It would be nice if they could stay open an extra hour on EMH nights or something.

Maybe they expect most guests are getting food at the parks and won't want any when they get back to the hotel. Honestly I think they should have a small amount offered somewhere for all hours, even if it's a vending machine.

Bummer! I guess no working out for 10 days! :lmao:

You'll be walking so much I don't think you'll need to!

I had the sesame chicken tonight and it was quite good. We also somehow lost my daughters KTTW. The front desk quickly reprinted it no problems.

The parks are packed. Animal kingdom extended their hours to 8pm tonight.

We go with a group every year, and have found that the more requests that you make the the harder it is to fill for a group. If you want 1st floor, then it is almost impossible to get numerous rooms together, and they will fill the rooms together first. So decide what matters most. Now I just ask for same building, but I say that I would rather have 1st floor than anything else. With a pool preferred room, I am now guaranteed to just open the door and be at the pool pretty much. Others in the group that need connecting rooms, usually are up higher on the ends, etc. Also tell them you are willing to wait, because they will fit you in something available, but maybe waiting will get you something you would rather have. Enjoy!

Sadly I'm not the one in charge of the reservations and have no say. I'm pretty sure she was very laissez faire about it so who knows where we'll end up. However we have plenty adults on this trip so we don't need any connecting rooms from what I understand. We're also equal with band alumni vs current high school students. I like to be in control of things, gonna have to plan my own Disney Vacation after this...

Where did you see a pic! The penne Alfredo was may fave too!

Added: ok, found the pic, and that does not look as appetizing as before!

disney is laways trying to update things, as they should! and they don't know which changes are good or not so good unless they hear from us! please call or email to let them know.

they can bring in new "healthy" options, but the whole theme of Pop Century is just that. sorry, things like Sushi or veggie burgers,etc. just don't fit the theme. Mom's night out does, esp FRIED chicken.

and the shrimp lo mein was wonderful!!!!! if you want these things to come back , let them know!!

How do veggie burgers not fit the theme? They sell regular burgers, so it makes sense to have the vegetarian alternative available. The resort is also themed around 50s-90s and veggie burgers were certainly around in the 90s :)

How do veggie burgers not fit the theme? They sell regular burgers, so it makes sense to have the vegetarian alternative available. The resort is also themed around 50s-90s and veggie burgers were certainly around in the 90s :)

sigh. yes, techinicaly, you are correct. having healthy options availableis great. doing away with the standard favorites in lieu of "healthy" items is not.
fried chicken is not healthy. fried chicken is delicious! and a definite "mom's night out " favorite.

the whole idea behind "mom's night out" was not the 90's . it was the dawn of the "tv Dinner"!.. a pop culture thing. in the 60s. (and they used to come in the aluminum foil container at the food court, just like in real life back then.)

and if I want to order a whole wheat bun that crumbles and falls apart, I should be able to. but not everyone wants one.

I did hear from Lindsey at guest communications, who is letting the "powers that be" know about me disappointment about the food court changes. if any one else would like some of the favorites to stay, be sure to communicate it to disney.. whenever they make changes (and nothing wrong with change in general) they DO want feedback from their loyal customers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter