POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a king cupcake? :confused3 Will it have a picture of Elvis on it? :laughing:

:goodvibes Here is a pix of the "king" cupcake at POP.

Chocolate cupcake
Banana custard filling
peanut butter frosting
Candied bacon and chocolate drizzle on top

The-King-cupcake-1.jpg

In 14 days my DD and I will be on our way to the Airport, to DW staying at PoP!

I'm really excited. Our last 2 trips we stayed at Movies, but I wanted something new for her and I! :) Trying to figure out where to request our room will be. It'll be just me and her (she's 7) and she's also a Type 1 Diabetic so I'm hoping it's close to the food court where if we need too we can get juices and such. Yes I'm bringing juices and snacks and what-not but I always want to have a back-up-plan!

Hi! Totally understand where you are coming from (my DH is a Type 1 Diabetic). 5The 0s, 60s & 70s have some nice room locations and they offer room categories - standard, pref and the 2 pool views. What room category have you booked??

Also, I'm starting to rethink my room strategy. Currently, I'm booked preferred and trying to get one of the rooms on the "outside" of the 60s building (not poolside). But after reading about how LOUD the pool game directors are, I wonder if I wouldn't be better off going for 70s "foosball view"? :rotfl:

I don't think you will have a noise issue with the 60s courtyard rooms as you are not facing the pool (that would be pref pool).

The 70s is also a great choice and offers preferred as well as standard categories. Depends if you would like to be a little closer to the main pool. Both are great locations; perhaps you can list 60s first, then the 70s on your room requests, that way you are covered. :goodvibes

Great pic! Next visit we will definitely have to try it.

What is a king cupcake? :confused3 Will it have a picture of Elvis on it? :laughing:

Also, I'm starting to rethink my room strategy. Currently, I'm booked preferred and trying to get one of the rooms on the "outside" of the 60s building (not poolside). But after reading about how LOUD the pool game directors are, I wonder if I wouldn't be better off going for 70s "foosball view"? :rotfl:

We are just back from POP - had a great time. We tried the tie-dye cheesecake - wonderful but we didn't try the King cupcake. Based on what folks have said, Who can bet chocolate, bananas, and bacon in a cupcake? :banana:

Our rooms were right near the pool - didn't hear anything until one night a large group came back around midnight. Woke up the kids and I but security was out there quickly. Great pool for the kids. I loved the life guards. They saw a little guy in distress and I've never seen anyone more so fast.

Only 98 days left! :banana::banana::banana: This will be our first time at the Pop, and we are super excited about it! Got the flights book, dining reservations made (I have to quit looking as I will keep changing them :rotfl2:) We have stayed in CBR and the Poly on our previous trips. We have a preferred room and are hoping for a room in the 60's close to the main building. And I for one can't wait to try The King cupcake....bacon, peanut butter, and chocolate???? How can it not be great?

I wonder how many calories are in that King cupcake. I'm guessing at least 650 and 20 grams of fat. Yummm.

lol! I work at a bakery and my boss and I will joke with some customers saying "It's fat free Monday" or "Calorie free Friday'' we actually had someone believe us and we had to actually explain it was a joke!

Oh, and thanks for the responses about the room - I think I will change my preferences to be just that.

Can't wait to get there and try a King cupcake! That sounds awesome! I'll have to share with DD of course ;)

Only 98 days left! :banana::banana::banana: This will be our first time at the Pop, and we are super excited about it! Got the flights book, dining reservations made (I have to quit looking as I will keep changing them :rotfl2:) We have stayed in CBR and the Poly on our previous trips. We have a preferred room and are hoping for a room in the 60's close to the main building. And I for one can't wait to try The King cupcake....bacon, peanut butter, and chocolate???? How can it not be great?

:welcome: to the Pop FAQ thread! :hippie: Make sure to have your 60s room request noted on your reservation. :goodvibes

We are looking forward to trying out the King too. :goodvibes

I wonder how many calories are in that King cupcake. I'm guessing at least 650 and 20 grams of fat. Yummm.

Hmmm ... I'm going to wager it's a bit more .... guessing 700 calories with closer to 30 grams of fat. Certain to seize the arteries and shoot up the blood sugar. :)

I called POP Bakery today to see if I could get the official scoop from Disney, but no luck on that.

Really???I thought it would be non-fat....:rotfl2:

Nope ... sure it's going to be a whole lotta hunka chunka burning love in every bite of that 'cake! :goodvibes

Isn't everything is non-fat while in the World?:rolleyes1

Absolutely, and combining it with a Diet Coke neutralizes ALL calories :laughing:

lol! I work at a bakery and my boss and I will joke with some customers saying "It's fat free Monday" or "Calorie free Friday'' we actually had someone believe us and we had to actually explain it was a joke!

Yes, I can totally believe you would have people question that! :)

Hi, it's me again. So glad to have found the POP thread, it has been so helpful! My new question is: Do the rooms at POP have a curtain dividing the sink and closet area from the sleeping area? that is one thing CBR has that I would miss. Privacy for dressing and keeping the light out if someone is still trying to get some shuteye!
134 days to go!

:dance3: Had to come here to share - got some GREAT news last night about our Aug. trip. My aunt & her granddaugter (my cousin) convensed my other aunt to go to POP for a 5 day visit at the start of our trip :cool1:

Now I know some have posted they don't like vacations with extended family but we're not one of them :lmao: We LOVE getting a chance to travel together, we're all very close even tho we live 2 hours apart (and all within 5 years in age).

I gave her our dining ADR's and they were even able to book some of the same places as us, even if we don't get seated together we'll still be on a similar schedule and doing the same parks :woohoo:

I told DA to req 60's, lakeview, 4th floor - same as us. However, can I call them to link our reservations so they can try to put us in adjoining rooms? Would that be too many requests? They arrive a day before us and leave 3 days before. I know they can't promise but it would make card playing room "happy hours" a lot easier lol :rotfl:

This will be their first stay at POP too - total of 6 new Poppers party:

We just re-booked our trip. First, we were supposed to be there TODAY! We had a cabin at ft wilderness booked for a week. Then those plans were stopped last week and I called on Thurs and re-booked to Aug 6th at AKL. Found out today that those dates are no good so called today and booked POP for July 13-20. We have never stayed there and loved reading through this thread. My 7 yr old son has Prader-Willi syndrome and uses a wheel chair for long distances. I am hoping to get a ground floor room that is close to main building and the busses ( that is the same place I guess) and now my son has taken to swimming and splash parks so I guess that would be great to be near as well.
Should I just call and talk to the CMs and tell them my concerns or should I have a specific area I should ask for? Also my dd (15) has celiac so we are gluten free and my ds has a peanut allergy along with being gluten free and dairy free and soy free.
Thanks,
jennifer

:welcome: to the Pop FAQ thread! :hippie: Make sure to have your 60s room request noted on your reservation. :goodvibes

We are looking forward to trying out the King too. :goodvibes

Hmmm ... I'm going to wager it's a bit more .... guessing 700 calories with closer to 30 grams of fat. Certain to seize the arteries and shoot up the blood sugar. :)

I called POP Bakery today to see if I could get the official scoop from Disney, but no luck on that.

Nope ... sure it's going to be a whole lotta hunka chunka burning love in every bite of that 'cake! :goodvibes

Absolutely, and combining it with a Diet Coke neutralizes ALL calories :laughing:

Yes, I can totally believe you would have people question that! :)

Janet I love your ticker ... don't know how I missed it before but I love seeing "our" trips!

Hope all the Poppers have a great day!

I'm staying at POP for 3 nights this weekend with the QS DDP!!

We're in a standard pool view room and I requested building 1 so we'll see what pixie dust I get!!!!

Janet I love your ticker ... don't know how I missed it before but I love seeing "our" trips!

Hope all the Poppers have a great day!

Thanks Linda!! Yes, finally got around to getting all my tickers in place (never had so many before!)

I'm staying at POP for 3 nights this weekend with the QS DDP!!

We're in a standard pool view room and I requested building 1 so we'll see what pixie dust I get!!!!

Have a great time!! Here's some pixiedust: for getting your requests! :cool1:

:dance3: Had to come here to share - got some GREAT news last night about our Aug. trip. My aunt & her granddaugter (my cousin) convensed my other aunt to go to POP for a 5 day visit at the start of our trip :cool1:

Now I know some have posted they don't like vacations with extended family but we're not one of them :lmao: We LOVE getting a chance to travel together, we're all very close even tho we live 2 hours apart (and all within 5 years in age).

I gave her our dining ADR's and they were even able to book some of the same places as us, even if we don't get seated together we'll still be on a similar schedule and doing the same parks :woohoo:

I told DA to req 60's, lakeview, 4th floor - same as us. However, can I call them to link our reservations so they can try to put us in adjoining rooms? Would that be too many requests? They arrive a day before us and leave 3 days before. I know they can't promise but it would make card playing room "happy hours" a lot easier lol :rotfl:

This will be their first stay at POP too - total of 6 new Poppers party:

:woohoo: That's great news!! The more the merrier! (BTW, I love to play cards & enjoy a Happy hour too .. just sayin' :rolleyes:)

Oh, you had a question too! :rolleyes1 Certainly put in a connecting request, Disney will know then to put you close as possible if the connecting request can't be met. As you know "Adjoining" would be next to so do request your preference. :goodvibes

We just re-booked our trip. First, we were supposed to be there TODAY! We had a cabin at ft wilderness booked for a week. Then those plans were stopped last week and I called on Thurs and re-booked to Aug 6th at AKL. Found out today that those dates are no good so called today and booked POP for July 13-20. We have never stayed there and loved reading through this thread. My 7 yr old son has Prader-Willi syndrome and uses a wheel chair for long distances. I am hoping to get a ground floor room that is close to main building and the busses ( that is the same place I guess) and now my son has taken to swimming and splash parks so I guess that would be great to be near as well.
Should I just call and talk to the CMs and tell them my concerns or should I have a specific area I should ask for? Also my dd (15) has celiac so we are gluten free and my ds has a peanut allergy along with being gluten free and dairy free and soy free.
Thanks,
jennifer

Hi :wave2: and :welcome: to the POP faq thread. :hippie: Suggest you call special needs at 407-939-7807 and explain the need for a ground floor and close to transportation. (BTW, what room category have you booked?).

If you make online dining reservations there is a box to check for dietary/food allergies and to note the issues/food intolerance. The Disney website has information concerning dietary needs
(http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

From the Disney website:

Table-service restaurants that accept reservations at Walt Disney World Resort can accommodate most food allergies or intolerances.

Common Food Allergies include:

•gluten or wheat - •shellfish - •soy - •lactose or dairy -•peanuts •tree nuts -
•fish -- • eggs - •corn

Guests should notate these food allergies and intolerances at the time of booking their dining reservation. Guests are also welcome to speak to a chef or a manager on duty when arriving at the dining location.
[you may want to do this]

Metabolic Disorders/Multiple Allergies
Guests with requests associated with the list below should contact the Walt Disney World Resort at Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com at least 14 days prior to arrival and after booking all dining arrangements for the entire visit:

•Allergy or intolerance not listed above under Common Food Allergies
•PKU
•Metabolic disorders
•A single guest with multiple allergies/intolerances or multiple guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party

With your 2 kids each having separate food allergies, suggest you email using the special diets link above. Hope this helps and that you have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

We have our flights confirmed for our October Free Trip, we will be flying AirTran going but at least it is Non Stop and SWA coming back again Non stop!! Of course we are staying at POP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter