POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :goodvibes! Sorry I haven't been back to say thanks sooner, but yeah that looks great. Good size but you forgot the plastic cheese on your chips ;)! The beef and bleu sandwich looks good too!

we had the beef and bleu sandwich for lunch and all 3 of us loved it! We haven't seen the build your own burrito bar.:confused3

We arrived yesterday morning around 8ish, safe & sound. DH refused to stop for the night. Well, actually, he said he refused to pay $60 for a room we'd use for 6 hours LOL

Nothing was available in the 80s as we had requested, but rooms were clean in the 90s when we checked in, so we said OK.

I'm bummed that there was nothing on the activities sheet about the Hot Wheels being brought out. I'll have to remember to ask. But DS loved The Hustle last night. He refused to even attempt to follow along and just did his own thing.

Loved the tie-dye cheesecake. DH says he wants to try The King before we leave.

I hope we get the same Mousekeeper tomorrow as todays didn't see the envelope sitting by the sink. :(

I haven't seen the burrito bar yet. We ate at Classic Hall for lunch and dinner yesterday. Is it only certain days of the week?

I'll try to remember to keep track of anything else of note and report back.

I tried The King cupcake today. I loved it, however DD & DH didn't. But they don't like chocolate and bananas together :rolleyes: The peanut butter frosting was AMAZING. I couldn't taste the bacon at all.

YAY! We're here and we all 3 absolutely LOVE it! Everyone has been super nice. It's extremely clean and we feel completely at home. Me and DH talked and we really would like to try and get a suite at AoA next trip(so we can have our own room and bathroom, teens and one bathroom don't mix well lol) But if not, were coming back to POP :love:

We live a little over 15 hours away, so we left Saturday around 4am. The plan was to drive a little over half way then stop and finish in the morning and check in. Well they were so excited and decided we were going to try and drive the whole way. We did and had no where to stay :( So we came to pop hoping they had a room available and they did :banana:
Not only were we able to get a room, they made it where we could stay the whole trip in the same room and upgrade they our standard to preferred for the whole week :thumbsup2

Well, have to get off here and get ready for our dinner ressy to 1900 park fare!

Oh, I have a question. Are monorail drivers no longer permitted to let people ride up front anymore? I figured someone on here would know! TIA

we had the beef and bleu sandwich for lunch and all 3 of us loved it! We haven't seen the build your own burrito bar.

I don't know what the schedule for the burritos is, but if it helps it's not a self-serve bar but an option at one of the stations. Last summer it was available at lunch time at the station on the right end.

Oh, I have a question. Are monorail drivers no longer permitted to let people ride up front anymore? I figured someone on here would know! TIA

Correct, unfortunately no one is allowed to ride in the front of WDW monorails anymore. I don't know for sure if there's a direct correlation but I think it's due to the monorail accident in 2009.

I tried The King cupcake today. I loved it, however DD & DH didn't. But they don't like chocolate and bananas together :rolleyes: The peanut butter frosting was AMAZING. I couldn't taste the bacon at all.

Thanks for the review - my hubby can't wait to try the King cupcake. He was practically drooling at the description! Have a great time!

Also, thank you to those who answered about life jacket - it will save me some packing space ;)

Hi everyone! :wave: I suddenly have found myself staying at the Pop in just 10 days!!! Very spur of the moment trip (we booked yesterday hahaha) but I can't wait to go back! Last time DBF and I stayed in the 90s and I just LOVED the location - we walked right through the parking lot to Classic Hall every day and it was so nice! I'm hoping we have good luck again this time.

The other thing I'm dreaming of are the CINNAMON ROLLS! Dear god those are delicious. I tried the ones at the All Stars and even though I know they're probably the same, the ones at Pop taste better to me :) Can't wait!

Hi everyone! :wave: I suddenly have found myself staying at the Pop in just 10 days!!! Very spur of the moment trip (we booked yesterday hahaha) but I can't wait to go back! Last time DBF and I stayed in the 90s and I just LOVED the location - we walked right through the parking lot to Classic Hall every day and it was so nice! I'm hoping we have good luck again this time.

The other thing I'm dreaming of are the CINNAMON ROLLS! Dear god those are delicious. I tried the ones at the All Stars and even though I know they're probably the same, the ones at Pop taste better to me :) Can't wait!

Have a great time. Your ticker will move really fast.:goodvibes

This may sound odd, but since I've returned home, a week and a half ago, I've noticed two things missing -- the charger for my HP Touchpad is definitely gone (the Touchpad was in the safe the entire time, but the charger was in my bag), and today I realized that I can't find my little video recorder, which I brought but never brought to the parks. I can't help but wonder if some Mousekeeper had sticky fingers and thought that the charger went with the video recorder! I was able to replace the charger cheaply, but I had planned to use the recorder tonight and it's just gone. I'm going to call Pop tomorrow and ask if someone found it and maybe it's sitting in lost and found, but I guess I'll have to lock everything up in the safe when I go next spring!

I'm sorry you're missing your things. I agree with other posters that the safes should be bigger. At least able to fit several electronic devices.

Someone took a five finger discount at Animal Kingdom and took our kids fans - they weren't the Disney version but still it was disappointing to find the fans that spray water stolen out of our stroller. They were covered up so someone had to be rooting through it. Some people can be pigs.

Enjoy your trip. while you are there see if the umbrella heads are still there :lmao::lmao: It had been pouring for hours and was still raining when i took this pic 2 weeks ago.

Jun012012_2130.jpg

I have a pool view room on my ressie (didn't have any standard rooms when I switched dates). What's a good building to request? We have a young toddler, 22 months when we go. I need a king bed, too, are there king beds in every building or just certain ones? Thanks all. :goodvibes

Just booked a trip to the World for Oct. This will be our first stay in Pop and we are excited to try it!

We have stayed and CBR and POFQ - so this will be our first time at a value. I think we will love it. ;)

andigomeep said:
I have a pool view room on my ressie (didn't have any standard rooms when I switched dates). What's a good building to request? We have a young toddler, 22 months when we go. I need a king bed, too, are there king beds in every building or just certain ones? Thanks all.

if you need a handicapped room with a roll-in shower bathroom...Yes, there are some of those rooms in every building. But as far as the standard non-handicapped king rooms, they are in very limited supply. they are only located in 5 out of the 10 buildings and can only be found on floors 1, 2, & 3. They are the same 2 room numbers in each building. In 2 of the 5 buildings, the rooms are in preferred locations. So 12 rooms are preferrred, 18 are standard. HTH!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

In 14 days my DD and I will be on our way to the Airport, to DW staying at PoP!

I'm really excited. Our last 2 trips we stayed at Movies, but I wanted something new for her and I! :) Trying to figure out where to request our room will be. It'll be just me and her (she's 7) and she's also a Type 1 Diabetic so I'm hoping it's close to the food court where if we need too we can get juices and such. Yes I'm bringing juices and snacks and what-not but I always want to have a back-up-plan!

What is a king cupcake? :confused3 Will it have a picture of Elvis on it? :laughing:

Also, I'm starting to rethink my room strategy. Currently, I'm booked preferred and trying to get one of the rooms on the "outside" of the 60s building (not poolside). But after reading about how LOUD the pool game directors are, I wonder if I wouldn't be better off going for 70s "foosball view"? :rotfl:

We arrived yesterday morning around 8ish, safe & sound. DH refused to stop for the night. Well, actually, he said he refused to pay $60 for a room we'd use for 6 hours LOL

Nothing was available in the 80s as we had requested, but rooms were clean in the 90s when we checked in, so we said OK.

I'm bummed that there was nothing on the activities sheet about the Hot Wheels being brought out. I'll have to remember to ask. But DS loved The Hustle last night. He refused to even attempt to follow along and just did his own thing.

Loved the tie-dye cheesecake. DH says he wants to try The King before we leave.

I hope we get the same Mousekeeper tomorrow as todays didn't see the envelope sitting by the sink. :(

I haven't seen the burrito bar yet. We ate at Classic Hall for lunch and dinner yesterday. Is it only certain days of the week?

:cool1: Have a wonderful time! If/when you are in the Food Court and the burrito bar is up and running, could you ask if there are specific days when it is offered?

Thanks and enjoy! :goodvibes

This may sound odd, but since I've returned home, a week and a half ago, I've noticed two things missing -- the charger for my HP Touchpad is definitely gone (the Touchpad was in the safe the entire time, but the charger was in my bag), and today I realized that I can't find my little video recorder, which I brought but never brought to the parks.

Erin, hope POP located your items for you. I'd like to not think it was housekeeping.

Oh, looking forward to trying the "King" in August! :cool2:

YAY! We're here and we all 3 absolutely LOVE it! Everyone has been super nice. It's extremely clean and we feel completely at home. Me and DH talked and we really would like to try and get a suite at AoA next trip(so we can have our own room and bathroom, teens and one bathroom don't mix well lol) But if not, were coming back to POP :love:

We live a little over 15 hours away, so we left Saturday around 4am. The plan was to drive a little over half way then stop and finish in the morning and check in. Well they were so excited and decided we were going to try and drive the whole way. We did and had no where to stay :( So we came to pop hoping they had a room available and they did :banana:
Not only were we able to get a room, they made it where we could stay the whole trip in the same room and upgrade they our standard to preferred for the whole week :thumbsup2

:woohoo: for an expected upgrade!! Hope you had a great time at 1900 Park Faire!! Enjoy!

Question for the Pop experts. I have seen all sorts of information on the number of Play Points you can buy, but I haven't seen how many Play Points it takes to play a game in the Fast Forward Arcade. Can anyone give me an idea of how many points are needed for the games?

I know there are probably some games that are more than others, but just looking for ball park! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: I LOVE spur of the moment trips!! :banana: (the chocolate croissants are pretty good too :goodvibes)

Thanks! A little part of me thought it was silly to make a ticker......but I simply couldn't resist :thumbsup2

NEVER silly to make a ticker!!! It's fun!

Enjoy your trip. while you are there see if the umbrella heads are still there :lmao::lmao: It had been pouring for hours and was still raining when i took this pic 2 weeks ago.

Jun012012_2130.jpg

OMG .. love the umbrella hats!! :rotfl2:

Just booked a trip to the World for Oct. This will be our first stay in Pop and we are excited to try it!

We have stayed and CBR and POFQ - so this will be our first time at a value. I think we will love it. ;)

:cool1: Lots of info and knowledge POPers here to answer any questions you may have. :welcome: to the thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter