POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't charge for the water being delivered, buy FYI I ordered 2 cases from walmart for our trip last week and they never came. We checked for it 3 days in a row and were told by the front desk they would call us when it came in but they never called. By that time, we didn't care about the water anyway, it was easier to use the brita bottles.

They had pool games going on throughout the day at Hippy Dippy and there is a schedule they will give you.Kids got prizes, too.

We used the free QSDP this time and it was less stressful than having an ADR everyday. Some days we ended up coming back to our room for breaks at 4 or 5 PM so an ADR at 6 (which is when we usually eat) would not have worked for us. We also ate at CSR for their buffet. The sides and desserts were pretty good, I didn't care for the meat selections but the rest of my family did. It was worth going to just to have the selection and quantity of food for a QS credit.

We have a preferred room reserved for our stay. What does that mean exactly? I know it will be closer to food and buses, but when I go to do online check in will I be given an opportunity to request a king, upper floor, lake view? Also, we are celebrating our anniversary, which I mentioned at booking. Not that I would expect anything, but, do they do anything like they do for Birthdays? Our dd got some cool stuff and a rather generous gift card for her Birthday she spent there.

Countdown clock says 2 months today. This will be our first third family trip to Disney and first to POP. I can't wait (DD47), DM 45 is stressing, DS14 is ambivilant and DD9 is starting to get into it. POP looks like a lot of fun.:hourglass

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7xmp68zbpc9brz8c.png

POP is a LOT of fun!! Hopefully the stressing is not existent once you step into the lobby at POP!!

Enjoy! :cool1:

We just returned from a great trip. I had the best room- 60s overlooking the lake! What a view! I will try to post some pics. We also went over to AOA a few times to eat. The make your own pasta bowl was really good. We never waited very long at the bus stops and a few times we took the AOA buses too. I'm really glad we stayed here and not at a moderate. We were at the parks a lot and didn't spend a lot of time at the resort other than to eat and sleep. We used the pool twice, but it was too sunny to stay in it for long.
My kids were so sad to leave, but I was Ok with leaving b/c it was so hot the last 2 days of our trip. But of course now I wish I were back there!

Nice. Love the 60s and those end rooms! :dance3: We are looking forward to checking out AoA in August and trying the food court one night. :goodvibes

Just checked in online for our flight! We finished our decorations for the door and window. Now we just need to make our t-shirts and pack, and I still promised the kids a Disney movie night tonight with food and crafts! Busy busy (but loving it)!

:woohoo: Almost here! Hey make sure to take some pix of your decorations, sure they will be great! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their posts! I love reading all the information about POP! Even tho, I don't post all that often, I am here daily reading the boards :). I am finishing up my packing and as soon as my hubby gets home, loading a few things in the car! Getting up bright and early tomorrow to start our drive to Disney. We are thrilled!!

Safe travels!! And you can lurk & surf as much as you want! All are welcome here! :goodvibes

Honestly this will be our 3rd trip with the QSDP and we actually prefer it now.

We did the QSDP this year for the first time. It was awesome. You have to be creative so you don't have to eat too many bacon cheeseburgers(I had 4 in 6 days by choice). We went to GF for a turkey sandwich, Pepper Market for their buffet lunch(awesome) and Wolfgang Pucks express. The Columbia House lobster roll was good too.

We absolutly LOVE wolfgang puck express.:thumbsup2 One of the best CS options on the DP. Pepper Market is good too with the variety that they offer. Another fav of ours is Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Delicicous.

Okay, now I'm hungry!! Looking forward to our August trip. :goodvibes

We have a preferred room reserved for our stay. What does that mean exactly? I know it will be closer to food and buses, but when I go to do online check in will I be given an opportunity to request a king, upper floor, lake view? Also, we are celebrating our anniversary, which I mentioned at booking. Not that I would expect anything, but, do they do anything like they do for Birthdays? Our dd got some cool stuff and a rather generous gift card for her Birthday she spent there.

Preferred rooms are generally closer to Classic Hall and Busing and are located in selected areas of the 50s, 60s and 70s. Refer to the 2012 map for guidance (note it is also on the first page of this FAQ thread). Preferred areas are highlighed in yellow. :goodvibes

Preferred rooms do not have a lake view; that falls under the standard room category. A King request should be noted on your reservation; and remember that it is a request and not guaranteed. King rooms are limited in suppy. The 2012 online check in info:

-Request 70's
-Request lakeview
-Request 80's
-Request ground floor
-Request 60's
-Request 90's
-Request 50's
-Near Transportation

-Pack n Play

Hope this helps!! :goodvibes

Now, I have to connecting rooms with 2 separate reservation numbers and I was required to pay two $200 deposits, one for each room. Not sure what would make my situation different than yours. I booked ours in March.

We are headed to Pop in September and had to pay the two $200 deposits. We did not have to on our last trip (Sept 2010) and when I asked why was told that now that our oldest is over 18 it counts as two seperate reservations. Also was told that connecting rooms are just a request where as last trip when all kids were under 18 that we had "guaranteed connecting rooms." Which we did get. Fingers crossed we get them again.

Just got back from our 6 days at Pop!! By far my favorite resort now, but after seeing AOA we are wanting to try it next. :) We got our request to stay in the 60's, lake view and it was perfect! Every CM we met was so nice and helpful! The food was pretty good, although I liked Movies food better. We had water shipped via walmart as someone here suggested and it was the best idea ever! The frig in our room wasn't working at first, but they fixed it right away. Also, they had no problem over riding the air conditioner temp as I have an asthmatic daughter who needed it cooler. Loved having our own buses. That was nice not having to go to other resorts to drop off. Would definitely recommend Pop to anyone!! Thanks to all for all your help and suggestions!

Tiggermurr- our trips must have overlapped-we got back Weds. and were also in lakeview 60s.

I am curious as to how you got your water. We had some shipped from walmart and the front desk and luggage dept. said they did not get it and would call us when it came in. Did they call you?

Tiggermurr- our trips must have overlapped-we got back Weds. and were also in lakeview 60s.

I am curious as to how you got your water. We had some shipped from walmart and the front desk and luggage dept. said they did not get it and would call us when it came in. Did they call you?

When we checked in, the water was there waiting for us in a box. The CM saw on the computer that we had a package waiting and said she'd be right back with it. She actually came back with not only the water, but the other boxes we shipped ahead of time from home (the breakfast food and other toiletries!) We didn't even have to ask.

Did you address it with "Guest xxxxxx" Arriving (date) and then the Lake Buena Vista address?

Yes, I had my check in date on it, guest with my name. I tracked it and it came in 2 days before we arrived but everytime we went down to ask about it they said it wasn't there.
Oh, well, it was just $9 and we ended up not needing it anyway. I wonder what they will do with it? Hopefully it gets donated somewhere.

We were there the same time then! We also got back on Wed. :) The water was there waiting for us. It was noted on our account so when we checked in, they went and got the box for us. That's a bummer you didn't get your order. It was a huge help to have it as the Florida water was YUCK!! LOL Also, my daughters asthma was acting up the whole week, so it was a blessing to have in the room for all her meds. We were on the 4th floor, right by the elevators.

We had our brita water bottles and the refillable mugs, so we ended up not needing the water.
We were on the fourth floor, too, in a corner room overlooking the lake by the yo yo stairs. It was a spectacular view.

Less than 60 days until we arrive!

Just thought of this today: Should I bring my son's life jacket with us or are there plenty there?

Thanks so much!

Less than 60 days until we arrive!

Just thought of this today: Should I bring my son's life jacket with us or are there plenty there?

Thanks so much!

We just got back from POP. Had a great time. We brought our own life jacket since our son is younger and we knew it would fit. They had a variety of life jackets at the flower pool - bright yellow ones in a large bin by the front of the pool. There were usually some there to use throughout the day. Later at night (when the pool was busy) there were fewer sizes to choose from.

Hi DanMedix!The 70s might be a good fit ...bldg 6 or bldg 10.... can put you close to Classic Hall ... (and there is the children's playground area). We love the 60s too ...lake view rooms are standard ... nice and close to the main pool, but not facing it (pool noise can be loud at times).

If you are not adverse to the 90s, bldg. 9 (the section closest to Classic Hall/busing) is not a bad choice. :)

For us, we like the higher floors (they generally are quieter) although iI can perfectly understand liking the convenience of the ground floor with the strollers. Many POPers love the ground floor for that reason.

Have you looked at the map on page 1 of the FAQ thread?? Any areas not color coded are standard areas.

That's nice of you to be so considerate! For us we sleep so soundly, nothing fazes us!

Thanks, Janet! The first time, we stayed at the 50's, and loved the location (and the pool). The next time, we were in the 80's. It wasn't bad either. I'll see if I can make my requests, as we also have to request a PackNPlay for the baby. .....

....that is, if we can ever get her to sleep by herself! Yes, I know she's only 9 days old today, but still...LOL

We had our brita water bottles and the refillable mugs, so we ended up not needing the water.
We were on the fourth floor, too, in a corner room overlooking the lake by the yo yo stairs. It was a spectacular view.

I am sure we walked by your room a ton then! My son was completely in love with the yo yo stairs! LOL He begged DH to take him down them everytime. I agree, the view was awesome!! The kids also loved looking at AOA across the lake!

I have an upcoming trip in October booked. We're currently staying in a Little Mermaid room at AoA, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. We've always stayed at Pop and love it. It feels like home! However, AoA looks great, and would be fun to try. I'm starting to worry it's going to be really busy since it's so new, and will have only been fully opened for a little over a month when we get there (busier pools, buses, food court). I don't want to get there and wish we were at Pop. Am I just worrying too much? I tend to over think things a lot. Opinions? :goodvibes

Okay Fellow DISers, today is the day. Today I officially become a POPer!! I can't wait! I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and I wasn't supposed to get up until 4:30, but I guess it gives me one last chance to check up on the boards :lmao: Can't wait to report back!

Thanks to everyone for all the help and for getting me soooo psyched up about POP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter