POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for our first stay at Pop in about 12 days. Just so excited:banana: :banana::banana:and thankful for this great thread and all the posters.

To everyone planning or counting down, here is some pixiedust: for you!

I will take some of that countdown pixie dust. 82 days until our first stay at POP!!!! :thumbsup2

So excited for our first stay at Pop in about 12 days. Just so excited:banana: :banana::banana:and thankful for this great thread and all the posters.

To everyone planning or counting down, here is some pixiedust: for you!

Thanks! Have a great trip we just came home a few weeks ago. But we booked bounceback. I need a ticker at all times.

What is the best preferred room/building request at POP?
Thanks!

I suggest you take a look at the 2012 resort map here: http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/...read/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

There is also a link to it on the first page of this thread. I think you'll get different answers to your question depending on what different people's preferences are for any particular vacation. I personally always get a standard room and I ask for a lakeview room on the ground floor. I would rather have a quiet room (which I've found lakeview ground floor to be) over a closer location to pools, Classic Hall, and transportation. The best way to figure things out is to look at the map and determine what is important to you. (Note that, on the map for which I've provided a link, the Building Numbers aren't noted. I believe the building number is the first digit in the room number except for the building that starts with a zero. That is building 10. You can't request a particular building with on-line check in, but you can do so if you make a request by phone.)

Wow, you are up to thread #6! I haven't been following along but DH and I will be heading to Pop about a year from now (late Sept or sometime in Oct) so I'm here filled with excitement and ready to read about any changes that have taken place since we stayed there back in 2009.

Welcome back to Pop! First thing that comes to my mind is that all the rooms were refurbished in 2010. So now your Pop room has a privacy curtain for the bathroom area, a flat panel TV, and all the carpeting, painting, and linens were redone at that time. Now there is also an in-room refrigerator as of this year.

jcarwash said:
Welcome back to Pop! First thing that comes to my mind is that all the rooms were refurbished in 2010. So now your Pop room has a privacy curtain for the bathroom area, a flat panel TV, and all the carpeting, painting, and linens were redone at that time. Now there is also an in-room refrigerator as of this year.

And free WiFi in the rooms now too!

Wow, you are up to thread #6! I haven't been following along but DH and I will be heading to Pop about a year from now (late Sept or sometime in Oct) so I'm here filled with excitement and ready to read about any changes that have taken place since we stayed there back in 2009. :goodvibes

Pikester .... you have the KING cupcake too!! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 (BTW .. it IS delish!!)

Plus, the ability to take the bridge to somewhere .... AoA!! :thumbsup2

Just got here, checked in, and are in are room putting a few things away. First time at Pop and got to say....AWESOME! :cool1:

I was just showing DS the map of the resort so we can decide what we should request at the online checkin (end of the week!). He asked about what Art of Animation had originally been intended for --the Classic Years --and he said, "so the '30s building would be all run down, and the food service would be a soup kitchen..."

Just got here, checked in, and are in are room putting a few things away. First time at Pop and got to say....AWESOME! :cool1:

:yay: Happy that you are diggin' POP!! :hippie: have a great time!! :woohoo:

Mickey Mail came today.:cool1::cool1: Only 33 days and we will be at Pop for our first visit to WDW.

The kind of mail we ALL want to get. :cool1:

I was just showing DS the map of the resort so we can decide what we should request at the online checkin (end of the week!). He asked about what Art of Animation had originally been intended for --the Classic Years --and he said, "so the '30s building would be all run down, and the food service would be a soup kitchen..."

:rotfl2: Actually it would of been the "legendary" years :goodvibes ... let's see .... big band ... board games like scrabble, monopoly.....

[and we already had the run down for years ... before AoA came along ... :)]

Pikester .... you have the KING cupcake too!! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 (BTW .. it IS delish!!)

Plus, the ability to take the bridge to somewhere .... AoA!! :thumbsup2

Soon it will be time for the Queen of Pop to start Movin' on up to #7 ;)

Thanks for the updates! We've stayed at Pop 3 times (2006, 2008, 2009). I really, really, really wanted to stay there on our last trip back in Feb/March of 2012 but we had 5 of us and it was just more cost effective to stay off property. So looking forward to staying there again next year and doing so without the kids. It's going to be so AWESOME!

Hello All, we will be coming home in Nov. YEAH!!! We are so excited. We were looking at the DIS menus and saw the Chocolate Marshmallow Cheesecake on the menu... anybody know if this is like the old Lunar Moon Cheesecake. Anybody there and care to check it out for me??? Thanks so much just thinking that they may have it when I go is making my mouth water! :hippie:

The last few days have been full of Disney fun! Made resies for the weekend, filled out the online Pop Century resort stay survey AND did online check in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter