POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, you'll arrive with 90 minutes of stepping off the plane, so you'll probably be there around 5:00ish. Then you'll need to get checked in, and drop your carry ons off, which will take around 30 minutes. And then another 30 minutes to get to DHS. And you need to check in 15 minutes before your ADR. So, no, 5:45 definitely isn't going to work. You also have account for the possibility of delays. I wouldn't make an ADR at a park for any sooner than 4 hours after landing, and even then, I wouldn't book anything with a credit card guarantee.

Thanks for your help. I was worried when the Disney rep said it wouldn't be a problem. I will cancel and reschedule for another day or time.

They were installing the free beverage coolers on Monday the day we were leaving. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?

Exciting news! No one has returned with a photo yet - at least not on this thread, but hopefully soon!:cool1:

I would like to be close to the main building/ buses. We will drive to resort and not drive again until time to leave so parking lot is not a big deal. We will probably swim a few times but most of our time will be in parks. I have never been the first week of September either so we may need to cool off a little more than usual. Then....I think what if kids want to swim and I want to chill in the AC. So pool view would be good then:/ Ugh well I have a few months before I can make a request:rotfl:

As others have said, we all have our preferences - our would be to request 60's bldg 5, 4th fl or 70's blg 6, 4th lake view. Bldg 5 would be very close because the std rooms used to be preferred when the resort opened, but categories were changed a few years ago. But the std location rooms in bldg 5 are still very close. Bldg 6 can be hit or miss because the rooms closest to bldg 5 are also closest to the food court/bus/lobby/Hippy Dippy Pool. The rest can be a bit farther walk, but not bad at all. Good luck and have a great trip! :goodvibes

We are going to POP for the first time. Very excited. Asked for the 60s section and went with preferred (cost a little extra but sounds like it's worth it).

How long does it take to get to POP on the Magic Express? If our flight arrives at 3:20pm - what time is safe to make a dinner reservation at HS? Could we make a 5:45pm?

I see this has already been answered a couple of times, but wanted to mention my experience and I had a Car Service at the airport - even though travel time from airport to resort was short, the room was not ready until almost 5 that trip...and I had a dinner reservation to meet DISers at the MK at 5! My plan had been to shower after the flight, meet friends for dinner and then a group of us were going to MVMCP...well, there was barely time to freshen up and grab a sweatshirt for the evening. Worse, the room was disgusting...I do not exaggerate...there was feces all over the bathroom and on the room walls. They did not have another room so a housekeeping manager was sent up (all this took more time than I had!) and he promised the room would be spotless when I returned or they would move me to another resort (my friend was arriving the next day). I didn't get back until after 1 a.m. - room did look better...but the next morning found it was not as clean as promised. Anyway, not to worry you because this was the exception...but anything can happen, so best not to plan on an early dinner reservation the day of arrival.:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

The excitement on this thread is so contagious:) I have a couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

1. Looks like the resort is pretty close together and I don't want to go preferred so what building should I ask for? My kids are 18 down to 6. I would like to be close to the pool but not necessarily poolside. We have connecting rooms.

2. We have FD. So does everyone get a refillable mug?

Thanks for the help:)

So glad you find the thread fun! Janet and I try to keep a positive and fun FAQ Thread and it is always nice to know we are doing our job well! Thank you! I am sure others have suggested room locations...mine will be pretty much the same as always...60's bldg 5 is just around the side of the bldg from the main pool and very handy to bus/food court etc. We also like 50's bldg 3 with a fireworks view - it has a nice lake view and if you happen to be in for the evening, MK fireworks can be seen in the distance and the top IllumiNations is practically right outside your door! the 50's pool is very handy too.
Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Someone on another thread stated their family is there and the new platform and fridge were installed in their room yesterday no pics yet! My neighbors are at POP right now Im waiting when they get home to see if they had a fridge appear they should be home sunday or Monday :)

Very good news! Hoping a returning DISer will stop by our thread soon and post a photo for us! Thanks much for the news!:thumbsup2

I would like to be close to the main building/ buses. We will drive to resort and not drive again until time to leave so parking lot is not a big deal. We will probably swim a few times but most of our time will be in parks. I have never been the first week of September either so we may need to cool off a little more than usual. Then....I think what if kids want to swim and I want to chill in the AC. So pool view would be good then:/ Ugh well I have a few months before I can make a request:rotfl:

Hi! Just wanted to be aware that you can put any room requests in now, you do not have to wait (even if you plan to do on-line check in). I'm assuming you have your reservations linked with a connecting rooms request.

Don't know what time(s) you usually go to WDW but yes, September will be hot! :goodvibes The pool views are new this year, and with Standard Pool view only approx $5/night over standard rates, it's a good deal to be guaranteed facing the pool if that is what is important to you. And as long as you like both areas affected -- 50s and 80s/90s. :)

Hello. Just mentioning that Pop now has wireless internet :thumbsup2

Hi! Thanks for the update!

Saw your post where you are in the 80's right now! :) Can you verify with guest services that wireless is available throughout the resort now (feel free to ask about the "beverage coolers" as well ;) )? Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Great news about beverage coolers and wireless :banana: We will be there in 5 days...yes, 5 short days!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question about flying. Am I allowed to pack juice boxes in checked luggage? Thanks!

Great news about beverage coolers and wireless :banana: We will be there in 5 days...yes, 5 short days!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question about flying. Am I allowed to pack juice boxes in checked luggage? Thanks!

Unfortunately ,no liquids over 3 ounces with the exceptions of medications and baby formula for carry on's.

Sry...didn't realize it said checked luggage!! We pack lots of toiletries that are liquid and over 3 ounces,so I would think juice boxes would be ok. I'd just be nervous about them bursting and leaking all over !!

Juice Boxes in checked luggage are fine - but you might want to pack them in double plastic bags in case of leakage!

5 more sleeps? :woohoo: Have a great trip!!! :cool1:

How are beverage coolers different than mini frigs??? Also is the wireless internet free? We will be there in June and I would speculate that both of these would be available by then?

Someone posted on the fridge thread. They put in a new entertainment center to acommadate the fridge not a beverage cooler.. Her parents are there now and they were left a note to clean off the entertainment center. When they came back it was done.

How are beverage coolers different than mini frigs??? Also is the wireless internet free? We will be there in June and I would speculate that both of these would be available by then?

Hi Chinarider!

We hope that since Hunclemarco is at POP now, and has wireless internet capability that it will be available in all the guest rooms in the near future. Without wireless ability, the ability to receive internet in your room required a wired connection (ethernet cable). In the past, Disney has charged for the internet, however, other resorts with Wi-Fi ability are reporting that it is complimentary. Here is the link to CanadianGuy's thread, All New 2012 Internet Details at WDW which should continue to receive and post updates from guests and moderators on the status of WiFi access and the resorts that are covered.

Let's hope that WiFI news we heard from Hunclemarco is the start of the WiFI wave at POP and that all guest rooms become equipped for this service and that Disney provides it free of charge.

Good question on the beverage cooler/fridges, that we all want to know! We must wait for guests to report back with information and pictures.

As to your June trip ... hearing back from guests that stay at POP in the next few months will give us an indication of how much has been accomplished. Stay tuned to this thread as well as CanadianGuy's sticky (the thread link referenced above) for Wifi info. :goodvibes

Anybody there now who can comment on the cheerleading competition? Are a lot of the cheerleaders there - is it crazy?

We check in on Sunday 3-11.

Someone posted on the fridge thread. They put in a new entertainment center to acommadate the fridge not a beverage cooler.. Her parents are there now and they were left a note to clean off the entertainment center. When they came back it was done.

Kelly,

Thanks for this news! Never saw that one coming ... heck the entertainment centers were new in 2010. It sounds like Disney is making it more like the moderates, where the fridges will blend in and be a part of the design, instead of it just being on a platform on the floor.

It is encouraging!! Can't wait to see pix! :dance3:

Anybody there now who can comment on the cheerleading competition? Are a lot of the cheerleaders there - is it crazy?

We check in on Sunday 3-11.

Lucas: Checked mousesavers website and it appears that the competition is March 10-12th.

Hopefully guests there now will see this post and comment. At the least, you know that the competition ends the day after you arrive. :)

We have never been at Disney when cheerleaders are there, but imagine that the enthusiam will be overflowing. :cheer2: On the upside, as the participants are involved in their competitions, park crowds are not usually affected. :)

So excited to hear about the fridge/beverage cooler! Hope someone post a picture soon! I am really excited about our first stay at POP in Sept. I have been reading lots of trip reports. I let my DD6 watch the youtube video of of the resort. She doesn't know we are going yet:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter