POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!! :cool1: POP is so much fun and with your crew, and all your special celebrations, it promises to be a guaranteed great time!! :cheer2:

And the cheesecake is one of the many great reasons to pick POP! :hippie: Having two rooms is a plus!

Ah the cheesecake, how I love it! I have a few pieces of it while I am there! Come on April......................YUMMY Oh the resort is great too LOL:rotfl:

:goodvibesFirst, let me start by saying Thanks for such a FUN, UPBEAT, ENCOURAGING thread! I'm so excited, I think tears just ran down my leg!:rotfl2

The last time we were in the "world" was April 2008. I got pregnant in 2009, had DD in 2010 and wanted to wait until she was a little older to take her. Our DS was 4 when we were last there and has been BEGGING to go back ever since. :goodvibes

We have never stayed on the property. This is our FIRST official family vacation, the 4 of us. Our family really needs it too! My DD, 2, has been recently diagnosed with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). After tears, and questions and appointments WE ALL need a break. What better way to break than DISNEY!!!

This is our CELEBRATION trip! We're celebrating DS's 8th birthday and DD has never been. DD responds well to BIG things, balloons,fireworks, music, shows, etc. Not well to strangers and the stroller is her safe haven. The DIS has enlightened me to the GAC card and I think this will help us TREMENDOUSLY!
She also has food allergies and from what I understand WDW will accomodate this too. It's like they welcomed us with all of our issues!:grouphug: It makes me cry just thinking about it.

Then you sweet people start going on and on about POP, where we're staying, and I feel the love even more!:grouphug: SO THANK you!!! You gave me hope and didn't even know!

OH and the BEST part of this WHOLE trip....the kids don't know yet!!! Shhhhh:thumbsup2

I hope you ALL have a MAGICAL day!:wizard:

I would have to agree, it is NOT going to fit between the bed and the bathroom wall. We were just at POP this past Xmas, so recent. We WERE able to fit two air mattresses in there NO PROBLEM though. Both airbeds were at the foot of the double beds. We did not move any furniture and had no issues. During the day, we slid both air mattresses in the space between the bed and the bathroom wall.

Just curious ...did that leave any room to be able to move around at night?

Believe several posters, like PhoenixStrength usually move the table/chairs and put the mattress in that area.

But if it worked for you guys, more power to you!

Ah the cheesecake, how I love it! I have a few pieces of it while I am there! Come on April......................YUMMY Oh the resort is great too LOL:rotfl:

You are making me hungry .... I need a slice NOW!! :goodvibes

And a POP fix! :hippie:

:goodvibesFirst, let me start by saying Thanks for such a FUN, UPBEAT, ENCOURAGING thread! I'm so excited, I think tears just ran down my leg!:rotfl2

The last time we were in the "world" was April 2008. I got pregnant in 2009, had DD in 2010 and wanted to wait until she was a little older to take her. Our DS was 4 when we were last there and has been BEGGING to go back ever since. :goodvibes

We have never stayed on the property. This is our FIRST official family vacation, the 4 of us. Our family really needs it too! My DD, 2, has been recently diagnosed with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). After tears, and questions and appointments WE ALL need a break. What better way to break than DISNEY!!!

This is our CELEBRATION trip! We're celebrating DS's 8th birthday and DD has never been. DD responds well to BIG things, balloons,fireworks, music, shows, etc. Not well to strangers and the stroller is her safe haven. The DIS has enlightened me to the GAC card and I think this will help us TREMENDOUSLY!
She also has food allergies and from what I understand WDW will accomodate this too. It's like they welcomed us with all of our issues!:grouphug: It makes me cry just thinking about it.

Then you sweet people start going on and on about POP, where we're staying, and I feel the love even more!:grouphug: SO THANK you!!! You gave me hope and didn't even know!

OH and the BEST part of this WHOLE trip....the kids don't know yet!!! Shhhhh:thumbsup2

:welcome: to the POP thread!! :goodvibes We set out to have the FAQ portion to be informative, but much more too ... as POP is so much fun with a different vibe, wanted to infuse that in the thread FAQ as well. Plus as you have commented, we have terrific DISers that are very knowledgeable about POP.:thumbsup2

The DIS itself has so much info ... when I first started reading your post, was thinking, GAC, disAbilities thread, and then read on to realize you had this info already. :cool1: AND, then read that since you are leaving very, very soon, so you must have done your research and have your plans in place. :goodvibes

Have a fabulous time!! Ask for your celebration buttons at check in. :) If you have time, please come back and post a mini-review of your stay. :flower3:

You will have a blast! Sounds like your family needs a great vacation and this will certainly do it. You might also want to check out the DisAbilities boards for some clues on how to do WDW with your daughter. Just a thought.

This is a great thread. Janet and Minni&Nana do an awesome job providing wonderful information that is timely and sooooo helpful. Cheers to you ladies. :cheer2::cheer2:

You are making me hungry .... I need a slice NOW!! :goodvibes

And a POP fix! :hippie:

:welcome: to the POP thread!! :goodvibes We set out to have the FAQ portion to be informative, but much more too ... as POP is so much fun with a different vibe, wanted to infuse that in the thread FAQ as well. Plus as you have commented, we have terrific DISers that are very knowledgeable about POP.:thumbsup2

The DIS itself has so much info ... when I first started reading your post, was thinking, GAC, disAbilities thread, and then read on to realize you had this info already. :cool1: AND, then read that since you are leaving very, very soon, so you must have done your research and have your plans in place. :goodvibes

Have a fabulous time!! Ask for your celebration buttons at check in. :) If you have time, please come back and post a mini-review of your stay. :flower3:[/QUOTE

Thank you:flower3: I will:thumbsup2

You will have a blast! Sounds like your family needs a great vacation and this will certainly do it. You might also want to check out the DisAbilities boards for some clues on how to do WDW with your daughter. Just a thought.

This is a great thread. Janet and Minni&Nana do an awesome job providing wonderful information that is timely and sooooo helpful. Cheers to you ladies. :cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you for the info!:thumbsup2 I'm checking it out now.

Our trip is getting closer and closer! :cool1::yay:
We are going on our second trip 4/29-5/9!!
Has anyone seen these beverage coolers they are putting into the value rooms??? I hope someone posts a picture of them.

I wanted to mention, to the person asking about noodles, we did see kids with all kinds of floaty toys. However, the life guard would not let our daughter use her snorkel and mask in the pool. We were not sure if they would (and we totally understand why they would not). Obviously, it would be hard for the life guards to tell the difference between someone floating and using a snorkel and someone that is in need of help.

We prepped our dd8 about the possibility.

Just curious ...did that leave any room to be able to move around at night?

Believe several posters, like PhoenixStrength usually move the table/chairs and put the mattress in that area.

But if it worked for you guys, more power to you!

No, not much room to move around at night, but plenty during the day. My DH and I each took a bed and each kid had an air mattress. We put the air mattresses down right when we were going to sleep, so no one needed to move around anymore. My kids are 13 and 11 and we all go to bed at the same time when we vacation at Disney! We put my son at the bathroom end because he is the one most likely to need it in the middle of the night and it all worked out. A couple of times someone had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom but I was the one sleeping in that bed and it didn't bother me. For the amount of money we saved staying at a value I was MORE than happy to tuck my legs in so somebody could crawl across the bed and get to the bathroom. :)

It was just easier to lay the airbeds down at the foot of the beds instead of having to rearrange furniture every night. Because it was Christmas and parks were open early and late, we literally were only there to sleep and shower.

But now that I know two airbeds fit in there with no problems, I am more than happy to stay at POP. We loved it! Great transportation, big pools, good food court, reasonable, what's not to love?

Thank you Sandi! We appreciate knowing that people find it useful and enjoyable at the same time. :goodvibes We do try to keep it up to date and are helped in that regard by the great POPers who frequent the thread (and first timers) to give us info ... and many return over & over to share experiences and the love of POP! :hippie: It been a lot of fun! :cool1:

Our trip is getting closer and closer! :cool1::yay:
We are going on our second trip 4/29-5/9!!
Has anyone seen these beverage coolers they are putting into the value rooms??? I hope someone posts a picture of them.

I wanted to mention, to the person asking about noodles, we did see kids with all kinds of floaty toys. However, the life guard would not let our daughter use her snorkel and mask in the pool. We were not sure if they would (and we totally understand why they would not). Obviously, it would be hard for the life guards to tell the difference between someone floating and using a snorkel and someone that is in need of help.

We prepped our dd8 about the possibility.

Regarding the fridges/beveridge coolers :) ... we hope that POPers who will be there in the next 2 months will be able to post some pictures, and let us know some specifics, i.e. freezer section, size, etc. It will be exciting (and about time!) that Disney will be adding this amenity to the Values. :cool1:

And thanks for the added info on the snorkel/mask. But now that you mention it, the last time we were at POP, saw someone using a mask (and it was allowed - no snorkel though). I suppose it is like using goggles at that point.

No, not much room to move around at night, but plenty during the day. My DH and I each took a bed and each kid had an air mattress. We put the air mattresses down right when we were going to sleep, so no one needed to move around anymore. My kids are 13 and 11 and we all go to bed at the same time when we vacation at Disney! We put my son at the bathroom end because he is the one most likely to need it in the middle of the night and it all worked out. A couple of times someone had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom but I was the one sleeping in that bed and it didn't bother me. For the amount of money we saved staying at a value I was MORE than happy to tuck my legs in so somebody could crawl across the bed and get to the bathroom. :)

It was just easier to lay the airbeds down at the foot of the beds instead of having to rearrange furniture every night. Because it was Christmas and parks were open early and late, we literally were only there to sleep and shower.

But now that I know two airbeds fit in there with no problems, I am more than happy to stay at POP. We loved it! Great transportation, big pools, good food court, reasonable, what's not to love?

You said it sister!! ::hippie: You made it work (which just goes to show it can be done!). Pop is all about peace, love, happiness and togetherness, right?? More power to you!! :cool1:

Thank you Sandi! We appreciate knowing that people find it useful and enjoyable at the same time. :goodvibes We do try to keep it up to date and are helped in that regard by the great POPers who frequent the thread (and first timers) to give us info ... and many return over & over to share experiences and the love of POP! :hippie: It been a lot of fun! :cool1:

Regarding the fridges/beveridge coolers :) ... we hope that POPers who will be there in the next 2 months will be able to post some pictures, and let us know some specifics, i.e. freezer section, size, etc. It will be exciting (and about time!) that Disney will be adding this amenity to the Values. :cool1:

And thanks for the added info on the snorkel/mask. But now that you mention it, the last time we were at POP, saw someone using a mask (and it was allowed - no snorkel though). I suppose it is like using goggles at that point.

Thank you!! I am concerned about the beverage coolers. Another thread on here was saying that the coolers will only cool to 45 degrees. That seems silly, since you would not be able to put milk or food in at that temp.

We LOVED Pop! Sure the rooms were a little small, but I think it really only felt that way because of the fact that we never really organized the room. We dropped all our stuff off and then went to our dinner reservation and then just fell into bed. This time we are staying to eat at Pop and giving myself enough time organize from the start.

The excitement on this thread is so contagious:) I have a couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

1. Looks like the resort is pretty close together and I don't want to go preferred so what building should I ask for? My kids are 18 down to 6. I would like to be close to the pool but not necessarily poolside. We have connecting rooms.

2. We have FD. So does everyone get a refillable mug?

Thanks for the help:)

We are going to POP for the first time. Very excited. Asked for the 60s section and went with preferred (cost a little extra but sounds like it's worth it).

How long does it take to get to POP on the Magic Express? If our flight arrives at 3:20pm - what time is safe to make a dinner reservation at HS? Could we make a 5:45pm?

The excitement on this thread is so contagious:) I have a couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

1. Looks like the resort is pretty close together and I don't want to go preferred so what building should I ask for? My kids are 18 down to 6. I would like to be close to the pool but not necessarily poolside. We have connecting rooms.

It depends on what you want to be close to. Pools? The main building? The buses? The parking lot?
We like the 70's building because it is close to the main building and the parking lot (we drive to the parks).

You all will get a mug!

I would like to be close to the main building/ buses. We will drive to resort and not drive again until time to leave so parking lot is not a big deal. We will probably swim a few times but most of our time will be in parks. I have never been the first week of September either so we may need to cool off a little more than usual. Then....I think what if kids want to swim and I want to chill in the AC. So pool view would be good then:/ Ugh well I have a few months before I can make a request:rotfl:

We are going to POP for the first time. Very excited. Asked for the 60s section and went with preferred (cost a little extra but sounds like it's worth it).

How long does it take to get to POP on the Magic Express? If our flight arrives at 3:20pm - what time is safe to make a dinner reservation at HS? Could we make a 5:45pm?

Generally speaking, you'll arrive with 90 minutes of stepping off the plane, so you'll probably be there around 5:00ish. Then you'll need to get checked in, and drop your carry ons off, which will take around 30 minutes. And then another 30 minutes to get to DHS. And you need to check in 15 minutes before your ADR. So, no, 5:45 definitely isn't going to work. You also have account for the possibility of delays. I wouldn't make an ADR at a park for any sooner than 4 hours after landing, and even then, I wouldn't book anything with a credit card guarantee.

They were installing the free beverage coolers on Monday the day we were leaving. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?

Yes everyone now gets free mugs with free dining, If I were you and wanted to be close to everything and if you book standard I would request 70's or 80's they are close to the Main Building and buses and not far from the main pool or the 90's computer pool right in the middle of the two :goodvibes

I would like to be close to the main building/ buses. We will drive to resort and not drive again until time to leave so parking lot is not a big deal. We will probably swim a few times but most of our time will be in parks. I have never been the first week of September either so we may need to cool off a little more than usual. Then....I think what if kids want to swim and I want to chill in the AC. So pool view would be good then:/ Ugh well I have a few months before I can make a request:rotfl:
You do know there is new booking categories which are I believe Standard, Standar Poolview, Preferred, Preferred Pool View just making sure you new we booked a standard poolview for our August trip so we're gauranteed the 50's or 90's either one works for me :goodvibes although we are going to request 50's since we were in 90's the last visit and it's been awhile since we were in the 50's :wizard:

They were installing the free beverage coolers on Monday the day we were leaving. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?
Someone on another thread stated their family is there and the new platform and fridge were installed in their room yesterday no pics yet! My neighbors are at POP right now Im waiting when they get home to see if they had a fridge appear they should be home sunday or Monday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter