POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trip to Pop is coming up soon and I'm so excited. :)

We are arriving on a Sunday and leaving the following Saturday. Went ahead and purchased 7 day Park Hopper tickets because the price difference wasn't much between 5, 6 or 7 day passes. But here's my question.. how does the last day at POP work? If check-out time is 11AM, can we vacate the room, load everything into the car and still hit a park using POP bus service? (Don't want to pay extra to park the car at a park that day.)

If that's not possible then I will just change the tickets to 6 day passes. Any help appreciated for this newbie.

Well, you can park for free at the parks as a resort guest. I don't know about after check-out, though.

We figured that based on the amount of rain we had to deal with during that trip, we should be rain-free on our Disney trips for at least the next 10 years. :rotfl2: During our trip last June we only had rain for about 2 hours the entire week...of course it was during the 2 hours we were planning to see MSEP and Wishes. The parade and Tinkerbell's flight were cancelled but Wishes still went on as scheduled. Fortunately it wasn't a heavy rain -- just enough to be annoying. Once the parade was cancelled, we grabbed a bench with an umbrella covering it and sat there waiting for Wishes to start.

I was there that week also :rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are arriving on a Sunday and leaving the following Saturday. Went ahead and purchased 7 day Park Hopper tickets because the price difference wasn't much between 5, 6 or 7 day passes. But here's my question.. how does the last day at POP work? If check-out time is 11AM, can we vacate the room, load everything into the car and still hit a park using POP bus service? (Don't want to pay extra to park the car at a park that day.)

If that's not possible then I will just change the tickets to 6 day passes. Any help appreciated for this newbie.

Yes you can use the facilities including transportation until midnight of the day you check out. Your parking pass will still be good that day too. You can even use the pool on check out day if you want to.

:cool1: Really excited to be leaving for Pop soon! :cool1: It didn't feel like it was ever gonna get here, but so close now. I'm really looking forward to showing my Dsis the resort - our family just loves Pop! :yay:

Yes you can use the facilities including transportation until midnight of the day you check out. Your parking pass will still be good that day too. You can even use the pool on check out day if you want to.

freckles: FYI in addition, if you are on the dining plan, any remaining credits can be used up to midnight on your last day. :)

OK, well POP it is!! Had to change ressies from our beloved POR to PC. We have never stayed here before so I will have to start reading these pages to familiarize myself w/ this place. We have 3 preferred rooms booked. I really hope we love it here. I've never stayed at a Value resort-and Im NO resort snob- I just tend to gravitate toward the smaller resorts, so this is uncharted water for me. I hope I dont get lost-this place looks HUGE:eek:

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and I'll be lurking:flower3:

:welcome: Hope you will enjoy POP, it's a very fun resort. :hippie: While many people believe POP to be large, it really is a compact resort for the number of bldgs. And from your signature you have stayed at several resorts ... including mods, which are mostly large. :) Preferred rooms are generally closer to Classic Hall and busing so that will help you. Any questions, give a shout, no need to be a lurker!! :goodvibes

DH and I were talking this morning, and I think we might be able to visit WDW this fall!! So naturally I jumped straight on the DIS and started looking around to see what's new. I can't believe my eyes - free refrigerators and wifi in the rooms at Pop? That just makes my trip planning even more exciting! I wonder what other wonderful new things Disney has in store for us?

(Hmmm... I may be too excited. That's a lot of exclamation marks.)

Exclamation marks are in order when talking about POP in general :) especially with all the cool stuff that has been recently added! :cool1: Now we wonder, what's next .... hmmm ... coffeemakers in rooms? Covered areas for busing??? We can all dream!! :goodvibes

48 days! Can't wait to get to POP!

43 for us!

:cool1: Really excited to be leaving for Pop soon! :cool1: It didn't feel like it was ever gonna get here, but so close now. I'm really looking forward to showing my Dsis the resort - our family just loves Pop! :yay:

:dance3: Hope all your trips are wonderful!!!

THANK Y'ALL :) Didn't know parking was free for resort guests... Awesome :) I've learned a ton from this forum!

OK, well POP it is!! Had to change ressies from our beloved POR to PC. We have never stayed here before so I will have to start reading these pages to familiarize myself w/ this place. We have 3 preferred rooms booked. I really hope we love it here. I've never stayed at a Value resort-and Im NO resort snob- I just tend to gravitate toward the smaller resorts, so this is uncharted water for me. I hope I dont get lost-this place looks HUGE:eek:

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and I'll be lurking:flower3:

Compared to POR it is small. More rooms yes but the set up is better. If you got prefered rooms you will be basically on top of the food court. I know last year we had a preferred in the 50's and we basically walked out of classic hall up the stairs and the room was really close.

My parents are staying at pop for there 1st time also. This is there 1st time staying at a value also. I did tell them to get a preferred room and ask for the 50's and they did. They are on there cruise this week and will be at pop next week. Now that there is a fridge in the room I don't think they will miss a moderate at all. My parents don't use the slides at all or the hot tubs. So I think pop will suit them just fine. The crusie alot so they are use to a small room. I'm sure after they get off the ship the pop room will seem huge. LOL

That's good to know! Thanks! We have gone to the pool after checking out before - gets the kids really worn out before we climb in the car for that loooong drive home. :thumbsup2

Perhaps! Just look for a large bellied guy with greying hair a cute red head with a cast on her arm, and that's us! LOL :rolleyes1 :lmao:

We'll also be at the dessert party on May 22nd :thumbsup2

We'll be there May 20 - 26 too. :thumbsup2

HUNCLE- I will be on the lookout.. Question?? What is the dessert party?

And woo hoo DE8!!! We will have a green Mickey head somewhere in our window of our room to show that this has to be the BEST site out there for crazy Disney people like ourselves!! :dance3::rotfl2:

I LOVE the free parking but I LOVE riding the bus better. After a long day no hunting for the vehicle!

I know! I have driven twice and flown/flying twice. The car pretty much sat the entire trip. lol Except for those super early ressies.

I will have to get a taxi on day 2 since we have an early ressie at CRT 8:10am for my daughters birthday breakfast.

...So I think pop will suit them just fine. The crusie alot so they are use to a small room. I'm sure after they get off the ship the pop room will seem huge. LOL

I agree! The "small" rooms at Pop would be considered gigantic staterooms. :)

I know! I have driven twice and flown/flying twice. The car pretty much sat the entire trip. lol Except for those super early ressies.

I will have to get a taxi on day 2 since we have an early ressie at CRT 8:10am for my daughters birthday breakfast.

You shouldn't need a taxi for a CRT breakfast. The buses run to MK early enough for breakfast ADRs. In just the MK area, there are early breakfasts at CRT, Poly, Contemporary, Crystal Palace, etc. In the event you choose to hire a taxi, be sure to ask to be left off at the Contemporary and then walk from there. Otherwise, the taxi will drop you at the TTC and you'll still need to take a boat or monorail to get to the MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter