• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I would keep an eye on this thread and Post #2 here. There is a good possibility that the Standard Pool View rooms in the 50's will be closed by the time you arrive.
Thank you for this thread and updates. We have a standard pool view for July 22. Hoping for the 80's again. April was the first time I have stayed in that section. We usually do preferred. I fell in love with the 80's!! That walkman - - and to think I used to run with one of those!!

Thank you for this thread and updates. We have a standard pool view for July 22. Hoping for the 80's again. April was the first time I have stayed in that section. We usually do preferred. I fell in love with the 80's!! That walkman - - and to think I used to run with one of those!!
We were in the 70's, but we liked looking at the rubik's cubes every night with all of their bright colors.

Anything new with the thermostats in the new rooms? Do they have motion sensors that can be overridden?
TIA:flower3:

:wave2: Hi, long time no see.

The thermostats are the same, you can still override them. I was there in February. We actually shut it off completely.

The renovated rooms are a huge improvement. There were just two of us and we were very comfortable. I did fold up the Murphy bed each day to have more floor space. For storage, I used packing cubes for the first time which really helped since there are now more drawers than closet space.

Hi!!!!!!
Thanks girl! We’re going in July so I need it cold :rotfl2:
It’s our first time down in almost 5 years so there’s so much new stuff to see. DS15 and I are super excited!

Have they been on schedule for renovations? We have a preferred pool room reservation coming up in a November, 2018, which I assume will be in the 60’s.

Have they been on schedule for renovations? We have a preferred pool room reservation coming up in a November, 2018, which I assume will be in the 60’s.
I think the whole resort is going to be done by the end of the summer. They have already started closing rooms in the las building to be refurbished.

The Preferred Pool View rooms have all been renovated already. I would think the entire resort will be finished by the end of the summer.

Post #2 of this thread has all of the refurbishement details recorded. All Preferred Pool Rooms have been refurbished and are reopened to guests.

Do the rooms with tubs have the rain shower heads as well? I just changed to POP and am figuring out what to request on my TP fax. I already have top floor, lake view that my TA put on the reservation - and I reiterated that with online check-in, and have it as priority 1 and 2 on my fax. I would love the rain shower head, so if it's only in the "shower only" rooms, I need to put that...otherwise I can not have to put that request ("Shower only") on there.

Thanks!

Do the rooms with tubs have the rain shower heads as well? I just changed to POP and am figuring out what to request on my TP fax. I already have top floor, lake view that my TA put on the reservation - and I reiterated that with online check-in, and have it as priority 1 and 2 on my fax. I would love the rain shower head, so if it's only in the "shower only" rooms, I need to put that...otherwise I can not have to put that request ("Shower only") on there.

Thanks!
Yes, the bathtub rooms have the rain fall shower heads. They are amazing!

Hi!!!!!!
Thanks girl! We’re going in July so I need it cold :rotfl2:
It’s our first time down in almost 5 years so there’s so much new stuff to see. DS15 and I are super excited!

How do you override them? If necessary.

I just brought wet wipes that we used to wipe up the floor. It was easier than bringing/shipping a swiffer. As far as earplugs, my SIL went with and snored the whole trip lol. DH ended up having the brilliant idea of listening to a box fan on Youtube on our phones. I hadn't slept that well in awhile and now I do that every time I stay at a hotel.
We have a fan app on the phones too and use it through a small speaker...awesome sleep

We have a Pop 2 week stay during the 2nd half of Aug. The preferred Pool is $400 more total so skipping that. Went Standard Pool and want to request 50's assuming they will be done by then

I think she meant how do you override the A/C. lol

Yes. This.

Lol!! I thought it was a funny question to ask but I’d just read a few Shower posts so thought she was asking about that.

Yes, it is possible to override the ac unit. When we go in August my camera and glasses are normally so cool from our room that everything immediately fogs up when We go outside.

How do you override the ac?

And on a different question, do the shower only rooms have the same rain fall shower heads?
There are up and down arrow buttons on the thermostat where you can raise or lower your room temp.

Yes, all rooms have the same shower heads.

We have a Pop 2 week stay during the 2nd half of Aug. The preferred Pool is $400 more total so skipping that. Went Standard Pool and want to request 50's assuming they will be done by then
post 2 of this thread lists all refurbishment history. I would anticipate that by your visit all Standard Pool View rooms will either be refurbished or closed for refurbishment but I’d recommend keeping an eye on oust 2 to know for sure before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter