Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm getting close to creating my room request on TP (arriving in 24 days) but waiting to see if any more portions of building 6 open before creating my room request. Any information from those that are there would be greatly appreciated! They closed and opened 1 portion of that building really quickly but we haven't heard of any new room openings for a while now so guessing nothing more has changed.

Seems quiet on the on location news front - if I could book a quick intel trip I would! Hoping that building six fully opens soon as those initial rooms started opening just about a month ago nect weekend

We go in about 7 weeks, I requested building #6, refurbed room and will hope for the best. We've never stayed at Pop but I thought my son would enjoy it. :)

How do you determine the room request timeframe?? Thanks!

You can call Disney and add a room request to your reservation at any time more than 5 days prior to your arrival. If you use the Touring Plans room request fax service, you can fill out the form any time, but they will fax it about 5 days before your arrival.

We have been to POP several times over the years, but this is the first time with the opt-out housekeeping offer. My question is can I do the online checking and go to the check-in desk to request it?

Yes, that is what I had to do. They didn't mention it, I had to make a request. The gift card will be sent to your phone.

We did online check-in, then called guest services from the room. Gift card hit my email within minutes.

Thank you!

So... we are at 43 days and I want to do online check in. Long story short, we stayed in room 5251 (2nd Floor 60's Theme Building 5) in 2016... Its location was great, but this trip we are only staying 1 night at Pop, then hopping over to Polynesian for a week, so we picked Standard Room for Pop. I'd like to be in a refurbished room as close to the bus stops as possible. I will setup room request fax via TouringPlans.

If I'm looking at the OP's correctly, with Building 9 & 10 being completely done, I should be ok requesting North End of Building 9 (like 9135 to 9138) or East end of Building 10 (like 0133-0136), right? Online check-in drop downs allow me to select decade, as well as lower/middle/upper floor, near stairs, etc... so if I pick near stairs and floor, and let TouringPlans fax present building/room and "in refurbed room" request I should be ok?

Woah, this is a long thread! Thanks to everyone who has been keeping it updated with the most recent refurbishment info.

We are staying at Pop in March 2018. We have 2 standard rooms booked and would really like connecting refurbished rooms. What should I request for online check in? Proximity to food and transportation are also important, but refurbished room is more important.

Staying at pop in a few months. How much do you get per night for forgoing mousekeeping? Thanks!

We just returned from a 8 night stay in a renovated room in building 8 We did early check in to get our magic bands ( 6am ) we where offered a room but not renovated . I asked for renovated room cast member said no problem but that room would not be ready till later ( we got email around 3 ) I do agree that Mouse keeping is not as good as it used to be but room was clean and tidy every day ( coffee not stocked up not even one towel animal ) Maybe is was just lucky but I found the Bus service better than past trips even at park closing never waited more than 20 min or so we really in joyed the new coffee showers and beds but not build 7

They've stopped doing the towel animals a couple of years ago.

You can do online check in and make your room requests starting 60 days prior to check in.

You can actually do online check in pretty much when you book now. I was able to do online check in at the 280 day mark and others have said they can as well.

You can actually do online check in pretty much when you book now. I was able to do online check in at the 280 day mark and others have said they can as well.

Yes, this. I had the same experience. Online check-in was available as soon as I made my reservation at ~250 days out. I haven't done it yet (we're about 160 days out now) because I remember people reporting that once they made selections for room locations on the online check-in form, they weren't able to change them online and had to call to have the changed. I don't know if that glitch has been fixed yet or not, but I'll wait until closer to 30 days out to make our choices.

Yes, this. I had the same experience. Online check-in was available as soon as I made my reservation at ~250 days out. I haven't done it yet (we're about 160 days out now) because I remember people reporting that once they made selections for room locations on the online check-in form, they weren't able to change them online and had to call to have the changed. I don't know if that glitch has been fixed yet or not, but I'll wait until closer to 30 days out to make our choices.
I've been able to change mine online and I'm still 80 days out.

We’ll be staying at Pop for the first time this summer. We originally had a preferred room booked. We are now considering changing to a standard pool view (with a request for the 90’s so we can get a renovated room). Pros/cons of the standard pool view over a preferred room?
Most, if not all, buildings should be renovated by summer. How much time do you plan to spend outside your room staring at a pool?
How do you determine the room request timeframe?? Thanks!
Starting the instant after you book your reservation, ending five days before you arrive.

Most, if not all, buildings should be renovated by summer.
As nice as this would be I don’t see it as realistic based on history. Renovations started 10 months ago and they’re not even 50% completed so I can’t see the balance being completed by summer.

I'm getting close to creating my room request on TP (arriving in 24 days) but waiting to see if any more portions of building 6 open before creating my room request. Any information from those that are there would be greatly appreciated! They closed and opened 1 portion of that building really quickly but we haven't heard of any new room openings for a while now so guessing nothing more has changed.

I'm in the same boat as you. Arriving in 28 days and would like to request 70s, connecting rooms, but want to know that building is completely done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter