• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

First thoughts, I think these rooms are going to work really well for our family. Love all the extra storage in the bathroom although I'll miss the additional space to hang clothes. FL humidity is my vacay iron!

I expanded the shot with the plugs and box. It sure looks like 2 USB ports but I'm sure we'll hear more soon.

Still waiting to hear about size of Murphy bed mattress too.

Ha ha - I came back from the Mk fireworks to find tons of questions! I will try to answer them all before I hit the sack for the night. Sorry that I don't know how to copy the great list of questions My son is a cast member and he booked us the room about two months ago. He did not request a renovated room so I think we just got lucky I think the floor is laminate. My floor was not dirty but if these floors hold dirt it will show up in the white bathroom floor! The middle nightstand is open with no doors. Both night stands have USB ports. The space between the closet and sink is a little wider than the ironing board. There is an iron in a small cabinet next to the sink. Pretty sure the tub walls are tiled. The air vent aims toward the door and not the beverage center so yes it clears it fine. A twin air mattress should fit. I think the Murphy bed is queen also but not positive, sorry, and I am not going to open it tonight. Yes there is a coffee Pot. There don't seem to be many people here so I can't address the noise. This room is on the 4th floor of building 8 in the 1990s. And unfortunately I am checking out tomorrow so I only get to enjoy my one night here.

Thanks for the updates!!!

Thanks for the update gasman61. I love all the cubby storage in the bathrooms. However, holy cow with the picture of the door. There doesn't seem to be any space between the Murphy bed and the door to the room. Not sure I like that at all. I've never stayed at Pop before, but I'm planning on staying there next year. Are the rooms at Pop smaller than ASM?

Great pics! I'm pretty disappointed in the decreased space for hanging clothes-- that is a big deal especially in winter when you have more bulky things like jackets and sweaters, ugh. But other than that, I think it looks pretty good! We'll be there Thanksgiving so hopefully (I think?!?) we get one!

Thanks for the update gasman61. I love all the cubby storage in the bathrooms. However, holy cow with the picture of the door. There doesn't seem to be any space between the Murphy bed and the door to the room. Not sure I like that at all. I've never stayed at Pop before, but I'm planning on staying there next year. Are the rooms at Pop smaller than ASM?

Same size.

Same size.
The queen size beds must really make the room more tight. Our beds at ASM weren't that close to the door. Yikes! Edit: Now that I'm thinking of it, our beds at ASM were on the furthest wall from the door, not the closest. Maybe this is why it seems closer. Just looks like in the pic that you can barely open the door when the murphy bed is down.

Last edited:
Just saw pics of the Murphy bed open. (Still no confirmation on size that I've seen.)

There's a sweet sleeping Pluto pic in the top of the bed. Adds colour to the room and is a fun surprise!
Is this linked on DISboards? I love the murphy bed images. Stitch in the Poly studio may be my fave (I am biased lol)

How awesome to see all these pics! I'm loving the Pluto mural in the Murphy Bed.

Would love to hear reports on the comfort level of the beds...I've heard the old beds were pretty rough.

Are their any hooks on the walls? I like to bring a hanging shoe organizer to put all of our shoes, camera, brushes, etc in when we cruise so thinking of bringing to WDW too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter